It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Request for a forum change...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I have a humble request; a request that I think would benefit the board and also fix something I think has been miscatagorized for a while now.

I am talking about Short Stories I think this would be better served in the BTS forums. I think that the genre and the ideas expressed in this forum is exactly BTS material. The people like myself that frequent BTS, I think are creative and spontaneous people that would breathe even more great stories than ever before into this great forum. I have noticed that many threads in this forum do not get the feedback that aspiring writers really crave, and by moving it to BTS it would breathe more life into this forum and get us writers more recognition for our work.

What do you all think?

[edit on 7/31/2008 by whatukno]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
anything? any comments at all?
sorry to bump my own horrid thread, but I thought this might be a cool idea, no one else has anything to say about it? Even to not agree that this should be done?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
What is BTS?

Sorry I'm just wondering, some threads I responded to have gone there.

I was thinking BTS stands for Boring Thread Storage... is that it?

I can't reply to threads there either.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
It stands for Below Top Secret

Here is a link to it:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I could see it being in either place. BTS doesnt get as much attention as ATS does though. Some people dont even know what BTS is

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
No. Please, do not move that forum to BTS, whomever in a position of authority may be reading. Perhaps make it show up on both or something, but please don't make it BTS specific. I'll never see it, otherwise.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Alarmist2012

BTS is the more 'chit chatty' area of this same site......people discussing the weather....sharing great recipes....talking about awesome game cheats and fixes....THATS what BTS is......
At the very top of your ATS page you can see up on the right top different clicky tags for ATS...BTS...and PTS (political top secret) ALL of these links are part of the same great site!!

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

Thanks, but I guess I don't have a membership there, I can't post anything.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Anyone who is registered to ATS can post on BTS, they just need to login to that section using their ATS details.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   

You can reply to threads in BTS. You simply need to log in with the same username and password that you do for ATS. I know, it can get a bit tedious, but that it how it is.

And "PTS" is now a defunct board. When you click the tab at the top of this page, it routes you to a page containing links to the threads that are contained in the political forums of ATS...

That said....let's get back on topic, everyone...Short Stories: ATS or BTS?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   

You can log in to BelowTopSecret with your ATS user name ad password,

[edit on 31/7/2008 by Sauron]

link   

You automatically are a member when you sign up for ATS. You just have to sign in using your ATS username and password.

edit: like 9 other people beat me to it.

[edit on 31/7/08 by wisefoolishness]

link   
whatuknow
you sure you aren't a woman? Such high maintenance, sheesh!

Just joking, um, ATS please grant whatuknow's wish or give him a midol, thank you!

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Wuk, why don't you quit being lazy, and come over to ATS more often, and quit hiding in BTS so much.

Bring chat back.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
My vote goes for BTS.. I think it would be a more popular forum there. I've thought this since I first posted there.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SantaClaus
My vote goes for BTS.. I think it would be a more popular forum there. I've thought this since I first posted there.

Why not make it show up on both? If the aim of this is to get more readers, it would be pretty stupid to move it to BTS exclusively. Would it not?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Here here SKL!

Come over to ATS, the dark side apparently to you Whatster! Well I hope you get your forum

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
LateApexer313:

Cadbury: I can see your point and could agree to that as well. A cross board forum like the BB&Q here, good idea

SpartanKingLeonidas: There's just so much um "conspiracy" one can take, I'm trying to limit the amount of "conspiracy" in my life as it is. Thats why I don't post on ATS much anymore

LateApexer313: I think that the forum would benefit from being on BTS well, I think that the people like myself that haunt the BTS forums would appreciate the change. Besides I try and limit my time on ATS as much as possible. Honestly if it weren't for BTS I probably would have stoped posting on this site a while ago.

I know that Short Stories, as it exists on ATS doesn't have to be about a conspiratorial or other alternative topic to be posted there, which is part and parcel to my argument for it's change. I can see Cadbury's idea as a good one and have it so that threads show up in both ATS/BTS. But if one or the other, I would have to say that it should go into BTS. As the subject matter in most of the short stories would more than likely be BTS material on their own anyway.

A thread if started anywhere else on the board and known to be a story may get placed into the chit chat forum of BTS by a moderator. This is one of my arguments. Why have a forum on ATS that is for short stories that have little to do with conspiracy but have detailed and intriguing writing and great character development? This is exactly the great Off topic stuff that BTS was made for, and I think that BTS wants, deserves, and needs the Short Stories Forum

[edit on 7/31/2008 by whatukno]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I dont spend much time as BTS but I was introduced to this side of the website Via BTS.

Short stories maybe better suited in BTS... My opinion.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Hey WUK. I like the idea, mostly for the reasons stated already...that the short stories are better suited in the more 'creative' BTS, especially since it's not really a 'conspiracy' type category. I spend most my time in BTS and have thought about some writing....after thing1 and thing2 get back to school. My mind is jelly right now. lol

And I appreciate the fact, unlike my best ATS gf (late), hehe.....that you are in touch with your BTS side.

Why are people making such a big deal about logging in to BTS? I have my favorite ATS/BTS categories set on my "My ATS" and once I clicky on a BTS topic I'm automatically logged into BTS. Maybe it's not working for everyone.

Oh, and back to the topic....if we have a "cross-over" category, like bb&q or say, short stories, maybe they could assign it a different color on the "My ATS" pages, you know, like how the BTS is blue. How about orange? hehe

Rush

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join