It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(LSWC) Solid Objects Cast At Goblins

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
DISCLAIMER:

1). Any likenesses to real life persons are merely coincidental, even if I use their real names and character traits.

2). This story has been fabricated for non-commercial purposes excusively, and borrows characters from The X-Files, Gemmel's Drenai Saga, Roddenberry's Star Trek, and several other places that I can't remember right now because it's 4 A.M. here and I'm wasted.

3). Random words are altered or butchered entirely for no reason other than to be weird. And although, technically, this work is still in rough (I left things too late and ran out of time to polish it); there are few, if any mistakes.

Thank you.

(LSWC) Solid Objects Cast At Goblins

[edit on 27-7-2008 by Cadbury]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Considering a hell of a lot of effort was put into this story I feel it deserves a *Bump*.

Havent read it YET. Will read it when inspired to (or when other readers start going crazy over it).

[edit on 28-7-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Thank you much, Sir. I warned Intrepid, though, that someone on the staff ought to check it for obscenity and libel.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cadbury
I warned Intrepid, though, that someone on the staff ought to check it for obscenity and libel.

Indeed

Very well worth the read and hilarious in places, I particularly enjoyed the final battle of the 'Jedi-writers', vivid and colourful!

An exceptionally crafted narrative, you once again leave me awed.

Well done and I wish thee well.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout

Indeed

Chortle.

Very well worth the read and hilarious in places, I particularly enjoyed the final battle of the 'Jedi-writers', vivid and colourful!

An exceptionally crafted narrative, you once again leave me awed.

Well done and I wish thee well.

Thank you, KilgoreTrout. Your comments are most appreciated. And thank you again for taking the time and effort to read it.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cadbury
Thank you, KilgoreTrout. Your comments are most appreciated. And thank you again for taking the time and effort to read it.

The pleasure was all mine.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   

The pleasure was all mine.

Glad you enjoyed it.

(This has been a shameless self-promotional bumping)

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I read it. Derlious, surreal, very funny. A bit too much almost. Probably a bit higher of a league of writing than average joe will be able to consume.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
I read it. Derlious, surreal, very funny. A bit too much almost. Probably a bit higher of a league of writing than average joe will be able to consume.

Ah, you did? I thank you, Skyfloating. I wasn't sure if you were going to bother. Your comments, too, Sir, are also most appreciated. And, as I said last time; coming from you it is high praise indeed.

I'll send you a free copy of my book when I finish it and manage to trick Simon & Schuster or someone from Penguin Group into publishing it as non-fiction. I'm not sure how I'm going to do that yet but I'll figure something out.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Very creative. I love the intertwined references, they were well done. An enjoyable read, hilarious at times, great writing structure. I found I had to go back a couple paragraphs to refresh myself in some of the more chaotic moments, but it all flows very well.

Good job!

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Thank you, damn you, for a most enjoyable, despicable, reprieve, slam dance, on this waxing, waning summer, early autumn afternoon, evening.

So are you a writer or a director?

Brilliant Mad Man!

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Thank you, damn you, for a most enjoyable, despicable, reprieve, slam dance, on this waxing, waning summer, early autumn afternoon, evening.

Welcome to that, of course. Of course.

So are you a writer or a director?

I attempt my hand at the former, I dare say. But most of the time I'm just a twat. Wouldn't it be a comedy, though, if someone were sufficiently disturbed enough to let me anywhere near film?

Brilliant Mad Man!

Namaskar!

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
To quote a quote you quoted...

It was free but was it art?

Great work!

Really difficult to follow at first, but by page 16 you start understanding what is happening.

It's almost like Hitchhiker's Guide on speed.

(the narrative, not reader/author)

The Joyce/RAW quips were a riot!

Loved StarTrek - Not many people outside the trekker community are aware of the USS Enterprises' great valve system. Their success were apparently due to the new open hood which greatly increased air circulation.

[edit on 1/9/08 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
How do all? How do?

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23
To quote a quote you quoted...

It was free but was it art?

Great work!

Thank you Sir. I had to skim Finnegans Wake approximately 1.4 times to find that quote (I skimmed past it the first time).

Really difficult to follow at first, but by page 16 you start understanding what is happening.

I find it easier to understand if I turn my monitor on its head and read it upside down. The ceiling chair is impractical and quite frankly dangerous. I did try to create the .pdf with the text shown "tits up" but couldn't quite figure it out.

It's almost like Hitchhiker's Guide on speed.

(the narrative, not reader/author)

Thank you (and it may well have been both author and narrative at some point. I honestly don't remember writing at least 24% of this story).

The Joyce/RAW quips were a riot!

Do you rate Joyce at all, ConspiracySir23?

Loved StarTrek - Not many people outside the trekker community are aware of the USS Enterprises' great valve system. Their success were apparently due to the new open hood which greatly increased air circulation.

If you read the story upside down there becomes an extra 14 pages (out of nowhere), where the Enterprise and Cerveza have a “particle beam row."

Non-magnanimous gibberish without.

"Like a mad, angry with the ground. Absurd man. Shoot him."

-- God

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Just back to bump this up a minute. That's my nute to you, excellent piece and I would love to hear more analysis. Did I spell analysis correctly?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Just back to bump this up a minute. That's my nute to you, excellent piece and I would love to hear more analysis.

Thank you once again. I welcome a further analysis. To be honest I expected something like "hey, there's no 'scenic ocean-side splendour' in Colorado!" Or, perhaps "excuse me. The M4 Carbine does not have fully automatic capability. That's the M4A1."

There was none of that.

Did I spell analysis correctly?

You did indeed.

Thank you.

[edit on 1-9-2008 by Cadbury]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Another little bump seems in order. This story deserves infinite attention and frequent reading. I order it

I feel an inquiry of the most intensive and probing manner should be launched as to why good judgement in the LSWC was so lacking, pun completely intended. A poor show indeed. There should be calls for the entire panels resignation. I insist.

I agree with all here, a highly fine piece of writing...please continue. Possibly, an order, though more likely a demand.

Best
KT

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I feel an inquiry of the most intensive and probing manner should be launched as to why good judgement in the LSWC was so lacking, pun completely intended. A poor show indeed. There should be calls for the entire panels resignation. I insist.

Hah! Well I didn't want to get too much into that publicly, but what I will say is; I wasn't joking when I contacted moderator Skyfloating and called for every single "judge" to be publicly executed and moderator Intrepid to be imprisoned. Matter-of-factly, I actually reported the latter to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.

I agree with all here, a highly fine piece of writing...

Thank you once again.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
One thing I can say is, I like-- it resists attention at the outset and then sweeps you in like a magnet. Another thing is, I am befuddled. I will have to read it seven or eight times to unlock all its dark secrets.

Those scientists over at the LHC probably shut it down over this and they're just covering it up by concocting a mechanical failure-- as if!

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
One thing I can say is, I like-- it resists attention at the outset and then sweeps you in like a magnet.

Thank you, EnlightenedUp. Glad you enjoyed it, Sir. I used a special technique in the first few paragraphs known only as "reaching." And although my accuracy was very cloudy, I almost, almost "reached" this weeks before it occurred.

Another thing is, I am befuddled. I will have to read it seven or eight times to unlock all its dark secrets.

All you need do is ask and I'll explain everything. I'm surprised somebody hasn't already. Well, actually... no I'm not.

Those scientists over at the LHC probably shut it down over this and they're just covering it up by concocting a mechanical failure-- as if!

Hah!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join