It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What a Shame: Budweiser is a sellout

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3rdEyeOpen
I'm surprised that no one has posted this before, but the beer you know as Budweiser is derived from a recipe developed by the Czechs.

I'm not sure if the original brand is available in the States (I'm in Ontario, Canada) but we sell it over here as "Czechvar"

It's probably one of the best beers I've ever tried, and I've tried quite a few.

Ah, yes Cnechvar is good, they sell it here, but you have to go hunt for it.
Also I like Pilsner Urquell.
Try Brooklyn brewery beer, pretty good.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Here's a thought - maybe this garbage beer will now be made into something drinkable.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Please dont discriminate, everyones not perfect!

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by XTexan

Please don't complain about Bud selling out. That's your good-ol capatalist system at work. Products go to the highest bidder.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by solo32_98
reply to post by XTexan

Please don't complain about Bud selling out. That's your good-ol capatalist system at work. Products go to the highest bidder.

Perhaps its time for the system to change then... Just my thoughts but when the system starts hurting those it was meant to help out... I know capitalism isnt meant to "help" citizens, but as far as I know this country was based on free trade... which again isnt meant to help anyone... maybe we need something else, i dont know what it would be... free trade is kind of hard to beat

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perplexed
I have been researching a winter project. I may just take this up. How successful are you? Is it good?

Check your U2U.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I feel oh so sorry for corporate America that a large part is currently in danger of being bought by foreign corporations.

We have a saying in Holland. The Belgians know how to make beer, the Dutch know how to sell/market beer. That's why Holland has internationally known brands such as Heineken and Amstel. Belgium has internationally known beers but not close as known as some Dutch brands.

Americans cannot make beer. Like one said already. You can only be greatful for Inbev strengthening its US position. They might bring some very good quality beer to the American market.

Good thing

[edit on 28-7-2008 by Mdv2]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Well hopefully they do bring us some good beer... I'm gonna need to drink a lot if we keep selling off our assets like its a garage sale...

By the way... Holland is the greatest place I have ever been, and possibly the greatest place in the world.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Budweiser / anhouser-busch is under new ownewrship... so what
!...
the watered-down beer formula is going to continue ->so the company sale will be a positive accretive venture , as those business people headquartered in Belgium will want to see an immediate profit on their premium price they paid to gain control of AB.

[did Chrysler lose all their money & profits to a foreign owner??]..
as some in this thread deduce that Anhouser-Bush will do as a result of these, new, non-American owners?? Nope-- it was the price of gas and their fleet of gas guzzlers that had done Chrysler in...& not the fact of foreign owners.

sometime in the future, i suspect that parts of the former AB corporation in north america will be spun off, and become independent once again...
who knows

thanks

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by XTexan

You seem to have missed the big picture.

Have a look at how many of the larger corporations/businesses in the US are now owned by foreign interests. I can assure you that it is more than a few.

Once you have done this, take a look at the major corporations/businesses in the UK that are owned by foreign interests, and you shall see that it is a quite a large amount.

Do the same for Spain, France, Japan, India, etc.

When you have done this, you should see what I have called "the spiders web".

By this I mean that many of the corporations/businesses/national infrastructures have been sold off to foreign interests.

It has nothing to do with business, and everything to do with ensuring the world is 'inter-dependant'. This is all part of the 'globalisation plan'

To give you a big example, here in the UK, we used to produce our own steel. British Steel was renound for being of a very high quality, and it was exported all over the world. Then (being very, very simplistic here), 'cheap' foreign imports flooded the UK... These imports were usually subsidised by the governments in the countries they came from. As such, the UK steel industry declined. Further enhanced by the likes of red tape from the European Union, causing the costs to the industry to sky-rocket. As such, the UK is now dependant upon foreign imports... no longer is the UK self-sufficient when it comes to producing metals.

In short this is all part of a large plan to 'harmonise' the world, and prepare it for a single world government and lots and lots of transnational coprporations... Not a plesant thought, but there we are.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by dampnickers

You make some valid points there, I never thought of it in that light. I fear that this is going to go to far though... I know, at least, that our economy can't take much more or somethings bound to happen...

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
whether or not you like budweiser is not the point..it has been the largest american brewery for some time now and the last one of the top three to sell out to foreign interests. I don't really give a # about new york (sorry to be so non-pc) but it bothers me that the chrystler building was recently sold to abu dabi. we should care about this #...

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
There should be a jingoism board set up for the folks in this thread who are complaining about "foreign interests". One man's foreign interest is another man's domestic company. Boo hoo.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join