It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ten years to get one drop is a BIG LIE

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Do you know who we import most of our oil from?

Source

1. Canada
2. Mexico
3. Saudi Arabia
4. Venezuela
5. Nigeria
6. Angola
7. Iraq
8. Algeria
9. United Kingdom
10. Brazil

Bingo! Canada and Mexico are # 1 & 2. Why? Because that is where the oil is. And the US is smack dab in the middle!

A 4 cent decline in 10 years needs to factor in the inevitable increases that will occur in that 10 years. So it will be more like a 10 cent decrease.

Add to that the benefit of keeping the dollars in the US, and it's a win-win.

Posting pretty pictures of valleys and coral reefs is nice, and is intended to work on your emotions. Add soothing music to that, and you have a liberal TV ad.

Try powering your car with a pretty picture.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Off-shore drilling (or not) is the gay marriage distraction of 2008... so shiny....

It means nothing. It's a bad idea. It won't help. It's only reason for being is to distract citizens from other, slightly less-savory issues... more war, imploding economy, truly spectacular levels of corruption, etc.

There has already been more attention paid to this chimera than it deserves...

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Americans get off your high horses
stop buying v 8 powered cars and trucks when you don't really need them

if not for you do it for your kids and grand kids

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
It wont take that long. Its a lie straight out of Obama's mouth.

The hole question on how much it lowers the prices is insignificant. We are talking about reducing our dependence on middle eastern oil and providing good jobs here at home.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by solo1
Americans get off your high horses
stop buying v 8 powered cars and trucks when you don't really need them

if not for you do it for your kids and grand kids

who the hell are you to say what Americans need? you don't know me so you have no idea that i own a 500 acre property and some of it requires 4 wheel drive action.
you also don't know me and have no idea that i could afford 6 dollar a gallon gas and not even blink an eye.
so eff off with your econo box foreign car and get out of my way since i can't see you on the road i may run you the eff over.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I would allow drilling in my back yard if I could get gas for under a dollar.

BUT, what most of us in the US seem to miss is that Oil Companies not our government will be doing the drilling. Oil companies have a LEGAL responsibility to make a profit for it's SHAREHOLDERS not to lower the price of gasoline for the masses. So if they start drilling and they can make a higher profit selling the crude oil to say China or India... Guess what... Americans will NOT see a reduction in the cost of gas at the pump.

My advice... Go buy shares of any big oil companies, this gravy train ain't stopping any time soon.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
You should watch this show Black Gold on Tru tv.
These guys get oil pumping in a week.

[edit on 1-8-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fathom
The common thinking that it would take ten years to get one drop of oil if we began drilling now is a huge lie.

Just wondering... Who is telling this lie? Do you have a source that claims it will take 10 years to get one drop? Thank you.

Originally posted by soup_sandwich
Its a lie straight out of Obama's mouth.

Got a link? Thanks.

[edit on 1-8-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Just wondering... Who is telling this lie? Do you have a source that claims it will take 10 years to get one drop? Thank you.

Got a link? Thanks.

Here is one place that seems to agree that it would take 5 to 10 years.
www.slate.com...

It's hard to say how long it would take to get oil out of ANWR. Some experts say 10 years, but others suggest it might be done in half that time. It all depends on how the oil company decides to approach the site. They can start slow, with extensive surveys and exploration, or they can jump in at the most promising spot and hope it all works out for the best.

and they give a bunch of lame environmental excuses for it.

Permafrost. Unless the oil companies take special precautions, their heavy trucks and oil rigs would sink into and damage the Alaskan tundra.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Forgidaboutid...

[edit on 1-8-2008 by Open_Minded Skeptic]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join