It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(update)With Unexpected Iraqi Withdrawal Demand, Bush Has Lost the War

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

I do get the point, and thanks to shaz for questioning my post puberty advancements, but can't you see my point? Yeah, in the grand scheme of things, if it was truly about the welfare of innocent humans then yes, just, and only just, could it maybe considered a terrible but noble act; but propaganda surely played a role in this. Also, on this reasoning, why not step in with nukes to save the MILLIONS in Darfur and so on?
Our governments seem to be very selective as to who they care about.

Anyone who can reason that killing innocent and sometimes unsuspecting people and not class it as murder is beyond me. Governments lie, and people might just have been fed a load of BS into thinking that using nukes was a last resort, humans are expendable, governments' ideologies and goals aren't.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Same ignorant few Americans, ranting here again. Display pride patriotism and waffle.

WAFFLE WAFFLE. How great they are winning a war.

If you won the war, why do sill keep fighthing in wars. It never ends with America. Other people points our how stupid and absurd it is.

They go on the offensive and waffle, waffle and waffle. It's like how dare any nation tell us "Americans" we are wrong. Americans "us" are always right. We win wars all the time, heck.

Lets's go into another war ( which its wrong ) Waffle waffle. See a pattern here people?

[edit on 22-7-2008 by mind is the universe]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by danogee
Also, on this reasoning, why not step in with nukes to save the MILLIONS in Darfur and so on?

Because Darfur did not attack America by bombing Pearl Harbor. This is the reason America entered the war. It's rather simple and not hard to understand.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Anyone who can reason that killing innocent and sometimes unsuspecting people and not class it as murder is beyond me. Governments lie, and people might just have been fed a load of BS into thinking that using nukes was a last resort, humans are expendable, governments' ideologies and goals aren't.

Well said, In fact Governments don't care full stop. Government's have one agenda, that is to feed themselves, and use us as pets.

starred.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mind is the universe
Same ignorant few Americans, ranting here again. Display pride patriotism and waffle.

If you won the war, why do sill keep fighthing in wars. It never ends with America. Other people points our how stupid and absurd it is.

They go on the offensive and waffle, waffle and waffle. It's like how dare any nation tell us "Americans" we are wrong. Americans "us" are always right. We win wars all the time, heck.

Lets's go into another war ( which its wrong ) Waffle waffle. See a pattern here people?

Umm....Do you even know what the word "waffle" means?

Waffled about what? You are making no sense.

Besides, how are them IRA terrorists doing in Ireland?
Hello kettle!!
You have got some nerve.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Because Darfur did not attack America by bombing Pearl Harbor. This is the reason America entered the war. It's rather simple and not hard to understand.

'The reason America entered war. So there has to be a reason, what if there was no reason? I mean while you juggle the oranges.

Who said any of these wars were justifiable. Wars are wrong point one. And if wars solved the problem or defeated the enemy point two.

Then why is America still in a war?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Umm....Do you even know what the word "waffle" means?

Waffled about what? You are making no sense.

I do its a polite way of saying your speaking bull#, or bull# around the point.
Wake up

Besides, how are them IRA terrorists doing in Ireland?
Hello kettle!!
You have got some nerve.

I'll let you look up that lmao. Since you probably havent a clue on Irish politics. You probably couldn't even name any major event that happened there in the last two years.

I have a nerve, and I just put you in your place again. Your ignorant of what you know about Ireland

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

[edit on 22-7-2008 by mind is the universe]

Yeah, you're absolutley right mindless,, and I think it's high time you and all your anti American antagonists try filling a jock strap and stop those bastard Americans huh! I think it's time you realize calling em ignorant and reminding em what they had for breakfast just doesn't seem to do much. Guess you and your clique need to start an uprising in your own country and shut them Americans up, teach em a lesson in humility huh!

Pffft That'll be the day

- Con
PS; pass the maple syrup k
thx

[edit on 22-7-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   

'The reason America entered war. So there has to be a reason, what if there was no reason? I mean while you juggle the oranges.

What on Earth are you talking about?
Are you drunk?
There is always a reason for war so what's your point?
Juggling what? You are not making much sense.

Who said any of these wars were justifiable. Wars are wrong point one. And if wars solved the problem or defeated the enemy point two.

Then why is America still in a war?

Umm.... because there are always new insane people born who want to kill you and take your land. So yes, war solves the problem. Then when another evil person arises, a new war must be fought. Why do you not grasp this concept?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Since you probably havent a clue on Irish politics. You probably couldn't even name any major event that happened there in the last two years.

Translation: It's different when in your back yard right?

You are pathetic!!

I swear it's like shooting fish in a barrel with your lame comments.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by WhatTheory]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Umm.... because there are always new insane people born who want to kill you and take your land. So yes, war solves the problem. Then when another evil person arises, a new war must be fought. Why do you not grasp this concept?

So whos insane, again, watching T.V again whatheory
You paranoid that insane people are out to get you?

Anyway who is "they" the people who are insane, I guess its everyone but America again.

War doesn't work, seriously that's insane. War does not work, come and live in Ireland and see how 700 years of war, achieved? Seriously you haven't a clue on what your talking about.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Ok con, about the feeding them thing. Are you telling me that with all the money spent on wars that just a little couldn't be kept aside to sort the starvation problem?
We could even go into the reasons why some countries feel the need to get a little vociferous when you take into account immoral subsidisation.

Oh yeah, that was aimed at me. Well actually, i haven't actually fed anyone that is starving with a spoon directly, but through my life choices i try to help, (I sponsor an elderly lady in india called Nirmala and send £12 a month to help her), and with the choice of things i buy. This is really a whole other subject though.

I'm gonna test the whether the idea that nuking a country out of compassion is valid or not.

I also want to say that i know this is an emotional subject and i hope that no-one takes what is said personally.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

You are pathetic!!

Excuse me, sort that out please. Your mother should of thought you some manners. seriously. Less with the personal jabs.

I swear it's like shooting fish in a barrel with your lame comments.

Well your obviously not self aware

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

Good point.

I do get the point, and thanks to shaz for questioning my post puberty advancements, but can't you see my point?

This has nothing to do with puberty. But the fact that you link Maturity with puberty makes me think you are fairly young.
The fact is unless one has a mature and realistic understanding of the choices Truman had to make, (thanks again for the correction conspiriology, must have had a brain fat there) its hard to see how dropping two nuclear weapons could be considered as humane or compassionate. But it was in fact exactly that.

Yeah, in the grand scheme of things, if it was truly about the welfare of innocent humans then yes, just, and only just, could it maybe considered a terrible but noble act; but propaganda surely played a role in this. Also, on this reasoning, why not step in with nukes to save the MILLIONS in Darfur and so on?

Different situations call for different solutions. What exactly does a divil was in africa that truned genocidal *as civil wars in africa usually do) have to do with WW2? You're all over the map here and I think your making connections that are tenuous at best.

Isnt everyone?

Like I said, it takes a mature mind to understand how and why the decision was made, and to see the compassion inherant in it. Maybe if you tried putting yourself in the place of the men who made the decision, rather than trying to judge them from on high, you might begin to understand what I eman by maturity.

[edit on 7/22/2008 by Shazam The Unbowed]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

Showing yourself up again!

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Yeah WhatT, darfur did'nt attack anyone, but does that mean you have to be picky when it comes to compassion. "OOh look at those poor souls over there, ok nuke em, no no no, they don't matter, we're only going to nuke people that we're only going to have to end up killing anyway". Erm?

NOBODY should be nuking anybody!

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   

NOBODY should be nuking anybody!

The idea that there exists, in an imperfect world, a perfect course of action, or the possibillity that the perfect good can be met, is one of the chief signs of an immature mind. Perfect solutions do not exist in imperfect worlds.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Shazam The Unbowed

Different situations call for different solutions. What exactly does a divil was in africa that truned genocidal *as civil wars in africa usually do) have to do with WW2? You're all over the map here and I think your making connections that are tenuous at best.

Shaz the mature, did i really say this? Can't find it, and i'm not being funny. Show me, because i think me Alzheimer's is kickin in-not that young you see.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Shaz the mature, did i really say this? Can't find it, and i'm not being funny. Show me, because i think me Alzheimer's is kickin in-not that young you see.

Also, on this reasoning, why not step in with nukes to save the MILLIONS in Darfur and so on?

You're welcome.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Shazam The Unbowed

Well being opposed to the use of nuclear weapons and trying desperately to fathom a better way may be immature Shaz, but advocating or making excuses for them is showing a very unadvanced mentality and maybe spiritual immaturity. Lets evolve a bit people, and stop this blowing the cr"p out of eachother has it's upsides attitude.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join