It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senior Israeli official: If nuclear talks fail, Bush will order Iran attack between November and Jan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Senior Israeli official: If nuclear talks fail, Bush will order Iran attack between November and January

www.debka.com

This assessment was reported by Israeli national radio Saturday overnight quoting a high-placed “security-political” official.

The source predicted that President George W. Bush would order Iran attacked between the November 4 presidential election and his exit from the White House in January.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
This would make sense. On final go at things before everything hits a head, and it does two things for the US:

1 - Lower oil prices before the conflict to dampen the blow.

2 - Plausible deniability that every was done diplomatically.

I know, I know, Debka isn;t the greatest source but they were reporting from what they heard on the state radio.

www.debka.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
This would lead to exactly the type world chaos that might, say, suspend the 2008 us elections, no???? sounds like the plan to me....... and we wondered what huge events would it take to suspend the elections and put in martial law

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I agree with this assessment with one difference of opinion and that is the timeline is sooner than November 08 - January 09.

That's my strictly personal opinion.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I agree,

we wouldnt give Iran a window like that if we actually intended on doing it, then!

I worry though,

theres 2 reports out in the news

1. That Iran isnt taking the talks seriously
2. That Israel has been told to launch war, if they dont comply this weekend.

call me negative, but that makes my heart sink a little bit.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Do you have a news clip you could post for number 2. I have seen the news on number 1 but not 2.

Oh and the weekend is over for them. So I wonder what is going to happen now.

[edit on 21-7-2008 by Shar]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Isnt that what this thread is about

Senior Israeli official: If nuclear talks fail, Bush will order Iran attack between November and January

By Nuclear talks, im pretty sure they're talking about this weekend..

well atleast thast my take!

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Congressional Approval???

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
They'll wait the two weeks... then Iran will probably not comply. Then they'll impose more sanctions and between after the olympics and the departure of Bush, they'll call for an attack on Iran... and they'll probably do it.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Ive always thought this would happen to disrupt the presidential elections.
Then people come up with newer timelines.

Im starting to think its mainly debka beating its chest.

The attack will go down to disrupt the elections, then if Bush wants to he can become a dictator. Which is what its been all along.
Everything else is just a rumor. The Nov / Dec timeline is the only thing we have evidence of. Until someone posts something different thats it. Period, end of story.

[edit on 21-7-2008 by Memysabu]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grafilthy
Congressional Approval???

How fast do you think Congress would approve "defending" Israel if Israel decided to attack Iran.

Further, as Iran has stated, they will attack 32 US military bases in the region if attacked. Retaliation WOULD NOT require congressional approval.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by bios
I agree with this assessment with one difference of opinion and that is the timeline is sooner than November 08 - January 09.

That's my strictly personal opinion.

I agree whole heartedly. Sept 2008 is my own personal opinion. The grape vine is humming loud on this one it seems.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthWithin

I don't honestly think Iran will be given the opportunity to attack these bases. I do honestly believe the mother of all offensive campaigns will erase any Iranian response. I mean we are talking about twenty first century technology used against a a third world nation surrounded on three fronts. It's gonna be a piece of piss!

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter

I don't honestly think Iran will be given the opportunity to attack these bases. I do honestly believe the mother of all offensive campaigns will erase any Iranian response. I mean we are talking about twenty first century technology used against a a third world nation surrounded on three fronts. It's gonna be a piece of piss!

First off, Iran is far from a 3rd world nation. Second, all they would have to do is do something crazy in the Strait of Hormuz (which is what they have threatened to do if attacked) and the US will consider that a declaration of war.

Iran may or may not be able to hit a single US base, but rest assured, all they would need to do is look like they were targeting something for the US to respond.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I just don't see why Iran would respond directly against US bases in the region when even Ahmadinnerjihad knows a real erasing of the Iranian military industrial sphere will follow. I reckon Iran will just take it when they realise what him them and what could follow. Even the most hardliner fundamentalists know they could be completely taken out and Iraqified to the power of ten in a couple of minutes if that was what the west so desired.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter

I just don't see why Iran would respond directly against US bases in the region when even Ahmadinnerjihad knows a real erasing of the Iranian military industrial sphere will follow. I reckon Iran will just take it when they realise what him them and what could follow. Even the most hardliner fundamentalists know they could be completely taken out and Iraqified to the power of ten in a couple of minutes if that was what the west so desired.

By the term "Iraqified", do you mean a half assed invasion that would lead to years and years of conflict with no end in sight?

Iran does not seem to have any problems with unleashing anything they do have in the event that they are attacked. THat should not be underestimated.

After all, it is that same underestimation that got the US in trouble in Iraq to begin with.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Wow, are you kidding me lol?
Some of you people sound like Bush.

"There wont be any casualties"

LOL

Whatever, Iran has a lot more teeth then Iraq did. A lot more people will die. And its not even Iran that Im scared of. Did you guys miss the article over Russia patroling their airspace?

Im wondering why people open their mouths and dont bother to read.
If your mouth is open you arent learning.

I read this site for months before I even made a single post. You guys need to read the articles. And keep up with the news before you make claims like that.

Youve got the OP all wtf cuz Im pretty sure he knew this, and its not his or anyones job to take you to school.

[edit on 21-7-2008 by Memysabu]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I remember hearing all the same things before Afghanistan "hardened fighters" and "proud people" likewise with the Iraqis too. Now it's all much the same "proud people these Persians." I do expect a concerted air campaign by first Israel, then US and UK, including a massive sea assault. If the Iranians reply with any meaningful response, they'd be mad as Saddam because they will then receive regime change and colonisation of their land. I don't think they are that stupid, they must be aware that there is a campaign by the west to colonise the ME and re educate the people like we once did with the German. A silly military response is very much not in their interest if they are not interested in suicide.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Talk to any US Service Member and they will all agree that the Afghan and Iraqi soldiers/fighters are no joke - but that has NOTHING to do with this post.

Sure, the US could level ANY part of the world, but the question remains whether it is politically viable.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Yep know where you are coming from. Do people from the general public feel threatened by the iranian nuclear threat, probably no at this moment in time. Do politicians including Bush, Merkel, Olmert, Brown, Sarkozy feel that there is an imminent threat from Iran (a proven state sponsor of terror) then the answer is obviously a very loud yes.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join