It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disinfo agent on ATS??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
Of course there are disinformation agents. But there are different sorts.

First, there are the people who intentionally misdirect the truth as a personal matter. They are not paid to do it, but do it anyway due to their own belief systems and character flaws.

Of course DISINFO could come from both side of the fence. One could actually misinterpret the constitution or presidential executive orders in order to prove a point that they made. And although they interpret it this way, it isnt necessarily the truth. It could be the bending of the truth or partial truths in order to prove their point. Also there is so much talk about the so called "SHEEP" here on the board. The ones who will follow and believe the whatever the government says as fact. I for one have been called a sheep many times, and a disinfo agent because I have not believed certain theories. However I have not seen a higher percentage of these so called SHEEP anywhere more then ATS. Just pick any thread on this site and you will see 90% will agree with the OP with out doing any of their own real thourough research on the topic. And just so I make myself clear, Jack I do not think you are a sheep. You actually may be the furthest thing from one. A disinfo agent? Maybe. Hell, by one of your threads one might actually think you are the head of an anti government militia
Just kidding!

[edit on 19-7-2008 by tide88]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
A good start is anyone who talks to me about the "good greys" disinfo not disinfo... just wrong as I see it.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

I'm afraid your estimations of your own self worth is sadly and woefully over-estimated. In the grand scheme of things the government chooses to spend money on, watching you - or anyone else on this board - is not on it. If you were actually a threat, you'd no longer be posting on here.

But wait, wait, let me guess - I'm a disinformation agent, so I am going to say that! Right?!

Like I said, I feel like were in the middle of the Crucible play on this board sometimes (its a play about the Salem witch trials, for those who don't know). Instead of pointing at someone and screaming "I SAW YOU CAVORTING WITH THE DEVIL IN THE WOODS!" its "I SAW YOU CAVORTING WITH THE GOVERNMENT IN THE WOODS!"

[edit on 19-7-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALightinDarkness
I'm afraid your estimations of your own self worth is sadly and woefully over-estimated.

Um, excuse me if I missed something, but what does his "self worth" have to do with his statement?

To be logical, there no way to prove either end of the road until one comes forward with absolute proof, which is contrary to their nature. It all comes down to personal experiences and beliefs.

[edit on 7/19/2008 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   

On ATS, members regularly accuse everyone they disagree with as being a government disinformation agent.

I totally agree with this statement, and it also happens (for the most part) if you come up with a thread or post that trys to debunk a topic, no matter how logical or plausible that thread or post is

I started a similar thread a while back. Not many ATS members where willing to throw out the disinformation tag on anyone else there when the question was put out there, which was really strange in my opinion.

Most of the time I think the disinformation tag is just an immature response, used by members that cannot participate in intelligent discussion or end up stumped by anothers post or comment.

Oh and to all the people that keep labelling me as a disinfo agent....keep the allegations coming (im trying to break the disinfo allegations record). It always gives me a good laugh

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
OzWeatherman is a disinformation agent.

He has been tasked with any and all chemtrail threads. He doesn't leave them alone until they die - in a manner of his choosing.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthTellist
OzWeatherman is a disinformation agent.

He has been tasked with any and all chemtrail threads. He doesn't leave them alone until they die - in a manner of his choosing.

Thankyou....and a perfect example of what I wrote above.

And if you bothered to check I am active on other topics and BTS and have provided my facebook address too.

Sure sounds like Im trying to cover up something..

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
All forums have dis info agents, secret service members from all countries do that, so yeah you need to choose your threads carefully. It's a psychological war. As soon as you put up a video about 9/11 on a Yahoo's Ask you get banned, all questions are monitored by outsiders with agenda's, so yeah they would do it here, like "Obama is a Muslim and Muslims are coming to get you" with lots of fake people replying "yes lets kill them god bless America"...those ones..spam...

[edit on 19-7-2008 by bubbles75]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ironman433
that's not very becoming of a moderator now .

When I post in a thread, I do so as a member. The mod status IS NOT some sort of blinker and gag preventing me from speaking out.

I am entitled to my opinion and I was merely pointing out that the OP, rather than designating THEIR picks for disinfo agents, are instead asking the membership to do that for them. NOTE: I'm also a member.

that comment imo is borderline troll negativity .

If you think this is true, the best recourse for you would be to put in a 'Complaint" against me (find it in your member center) so that my comments will be reviewed by all staff. It beats making an off-topic in-thread post that requires more 'off-topic' answering by the 'accused'... me.

the man is suggesting a legitimate topic and straight out of the gate you are trying to set him up for serious heartache masqua .
maybe another mod can step in who wont try and make a joke out of the thread .

All mods are welcome to step up.

Now, about fairness and setting people up... getting members to point at each other and make radical unfounded accusations are a recipe for drama.

IMHO, of course.

I notice a few members are already being targetted by their usernames. Has anyone had the nicety to U2U the accused with a link to this thread before or after 'pulling them out of the closet'?

Don't you think it would be fair to give them the chance to answer to the charges or is this to be completely done 'behind their backs', so to speak?

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
There is really no cause for the government to post disinformation on this site. Disinformation is contrary to a free and open society. Freedom of speech is important for all American citizens.

Contradict yourself much? Just joking.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most of the disinfo I notice is of the more subtle variety. Sometimes people will pretend to support an opinion that they really oppose, and use horrible spelling, grammar and reasoning in an attempt to make people with that opinion look bad. These posters are usually fairly new and don’t last too long. I’ve also noticed my own posts being changed occasionally, to include an error. My posts are almost always quite short, and I use a word processor and proof read two or three times. There’s no doubt in my mind that the ‘intelligence’ agencies have a back door into any site they want and can do that type of thing. IMO, these subtle effects are more pernicious than a well established member who always harps on the same thing ever could be.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Interesting thread.

There are levels of 'disinfo'.

In a way we are each our own 'disinfo' agents.

How? We play our 'tapes' of what we believe and don't always try to be a 'fair witness'.

We have prejudices and preferences.

We have an 'internal dialog', and a conscience.

We have burdens and traumas which color our attitudes.

Sometimes I find myself wishing I could be free of all these influences, years of 'baggage' and I've worked on several things to help me.

1. Positive self-talk;
2. Studying the techniques of 'acting', assuming another persona;
3. Using physical activity as an emotional, hormonal and chemical catalyst;
4. Reading and research;
5. Trying to 'gain a cosmic' point of view (iow, the 10,000 foot view);
6. Positive action. I.e. living in the now, living according to a credo of personal liberation, not blaming others for my problems (this is tough!)

7. Looking for personal role models. Not necessarily 'WWJD', but at those who try to take the high road.

Does that make sense?

So, perhaps starting with one's self is a good place to begin in defeating the effects of 'disinfo'.

In a way, if we free ourselves, what can external 'disinfo' agents hope to accomplish?

Don't mean to sound pedantic and holier than thou here, just trying to offer a view that was very hard earned, and something with which I struggle every day.

2 cents.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by bubbles75

On a more Serious Note:

It's for sure there are people monitoring this site along with the entire internetwork for that matter but IMO are only interested in reports of those coming forward with physical evidence to back up their conspiracy theories and/or claims. Pictures, artifacts, bones, skeletons, video, recordings etc, things that can stir up the pot for crowds and draw alot of attention. These are the kind of things the shadow governments work hard at keeping from the general public and/or debunking. There is not a website out there safe from this kind of monitoring. Anything having to do with government conspiracies and/or threats are targeted and there are many agencies out there that work full time tracking these kind of things down.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Simon Gray is a disinfo agent.

Nah, but seriously, I don't see why people don't realize that if the Secret Servce wanted to shut ATS down, then they would just come to the owners, serve them a piece of paper and shut the whole site down. It's simple as that. Like it or not, they're the government and they can do whatever their black little hearts desire.

I don't see why they would waste their time trying to dissuade when they could just stop the flow of information all together.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Yes, Will your right. Greys can not be trusted in my opinion

But then again, I could be just an other Disinfo Agent.
Maybe and then again, Maybe Not.
Be hidding in the shadows to long, needed to log on and sasy Hello, To all of you Great People.

Hope I did this right, first time posting.
Please excuse my mistakes.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mad_Hatter

I don't see why they would waste their time trying to dissuade when they could just stop the flow of information all together.

Because stopping the flow of information eliminates their ability to influence what people think about that info. You have to have something to slip the poison pill into if you're going to get someone to swallow it. Also, they know they can't hold back the tide, so they toss a few die packs in the water. This now ends my bad analogy attempts.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

Wow. Your not serious - this is not obvious? OK...

Its part of this whole government disinformation agent witch hunt. Before the government can come out to target you and try to go obsfucate your enlightening of everyone else, your message must be important enough to gain the attention of the government and important enough for them to bother with.

Its much like how some of the Salem witch accusers went around declaring everyone was a witch because they enjoyed the attention they got out of it.

Oh and Oz, I think I might still hold the record.
I'm constantly raining on the doom and gloom parades and every time I'm accused of being a disinformation agent. Its a compliment to me, it lets me know I've shown someone something that they cannot disprove and they are on the run.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Oh and Oz, I think I might still hold the record.
I'm constantly raining on the doom and gloom parades and every time I'm accused of being a disinformation agent. Its a compliment to me, it lets me know I've shown someone something that they cannot disprove and they are on the run.

Lol, hey I have had the disinfo allegations long before you even joined

Anyway soon we will be accused of tag teaming lol

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
princeofpeace is a disinfo agent.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by resistor

Because stopping the flow of information eliminates their ability to influence what people think about that info. You have to have something to slip the poison pill into if you're going to get someone to swallow it. Also, they know they can't hold back the tide, so they toss a few die packs in the water. This now ends my bad analogy attempts.

Good response.
But somehow I don't think the government would care about ATS because they would just be able to use the old laugh and shrug off method to regarding the information here as a joke because they know the majority of the world population doesn't give conspiracy theories the time of day.

I think a lot of people underestimate just what the federal government can do. And also I think a lot of people give ATS more pull on society than it actually has. I remember reading where Springer stated that there are something like 140,000 members registered on ATS worldwide. Given that there are over 6 billion people in the world, that's around what, less than 2% of the worlds population. Why would the government worry about that 2% when they could just use the argument to the rest of the 98% of the world that the 2% is crazy?

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Disinfo agents on this forum. That would just about include anyone who didn't think the same thoughts about conspiracies that you believe in. "I'm right, so they be disinfo agents to lead me astray", is the mindset of a paranoid person.

There are no shortages of those people here, noticed you didn't start a thread on that.. wink,wink...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join