It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry: fun or insane?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2003 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Hello,

got a friend who`s a freemason.

He drives me mad when talking about "secrets".

�n fact I`m wondering if he`s not simply going nuts.
I think he wants me to be initiated, That`s why I`m ending in this forum. I can`t be a freemason, it`s against my philosophical principles (though I`m sure I agree with some of the aims of that group).

But gooosshh.. please someone tell me the "secrets" thing is a joke. Here`s an example of a good secret:

"make believe to people that there is a huuge secret so that they all want to become freemasons and we can rule the world with our wisdom".

or "A secret told is not a secret anymore..don`t tell anyone I told you that"

Duh.

Anyone here with the knowledge and who don`t take themselves seriously enough to demystify in a couple sentances this whole obscurantism ?

I`m trying to get a grip at what drove my friend so mad, and if I ever speak against the masons one day it will be only because they helped loosing me a friend.

It seems to me that you can`t really be a mason and have close friends that aren`t. It`s too #ed up
and untrusty.

cheers,

Cedric

posted on Jan, 7 2003 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Nah....My best friends are still Non-Masons, "blood brothers" if you will.

Now to some up the secrecy thing in a few sentences?

Knowledge kept secret, is knowledge earned. That which you don't earn you don't respect and consequently, do not learn from.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Jan, 7 2003 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The great secret they hide is in public domain, now. But when you join, they wont tell you what it is. Ha ha, jokes on you! Now you are bound by that oath!

They have gone to great lenths to mislead humanity as to what that ultamate truth is. They even set the standards as to what is reality, and what isnt, to protect the ancient ones. They serve a Godless master!

posted on Jan, 7 2003 @ 04:54 PM
link   
We haven't misled anyone, you are just a fool.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Jan, 9 2003 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Hmm... Ok so they are freemasons here....

I thought this was "above top secret" forum..meaning...place where people laugh at demystifying evrything. But I was wrong.

If anyone know a forum where people talk in clear terms about such topic please refer me... Those sites you loathe cos they reveal too much..I dunno....

I will tell you this:

1)
Not a single society in the world would keep me from talking freely to a close friend about what the hech I want.

2)
Your philosophy about "earning" knowledge (against another I suppose) dwells on egocentrism. I believe, like much of the great greeks, that knowledge exist to be shared.

What you know that I don`t know, is balanced in return by what I know that you don`t know. Keeping knowledge to yourself is anti-ethics. You "take" but do not "give".

3)
From where I stand Freemasonry doesn`t look like being much more than an allegory on power.

It would be ok I guess (?..not sure) if only people in it weren`t taking themselves so seriously.

Fanatism of any sort is really scary.
Unless Freemason is mafia, but then I really would not
be surprised by its popularity.

Just don`t kid me with philosophy
then, you are there to earn privileges,
not knowledge. Is that what it is?

What kind of people get into freemasonry?
It sounds just..I don`t know...#ed up...

Cheers,

Cedric

posted on Jan, 10 2003 @ 12:45 AM
link   

I believe, like much of the great greeks, that knowledge exist to be shared.

Those great greeks you speak of killed to gaurd their knowledge, unless perhaps you think the cult of Pythagoras was just a bunch of mathematicians?

Knowledge is to be shared, but only to those whom will respect it.

What kind of people get into freemasonry?

Anyone....the boundaries is in your mind, not ours.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Anybody the boundaries are in your mind not ours? Freemasons : Fun or Insane? Some boundaries can be bent some broken completely, eh?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Centiment

He really shouldn't be dangling it in front of you, trying to entice you. I'm not really getting an exact image of what your friend is doing to drive you mad. Could we get an example?

Which philosophical principles do you disagree with?

Many of our secrets can be found on the net, but we regard them as private and request our members to keep them among members.

I have many great, long-term, time tested friends who know I'm a Freemason. They have no desire to join, but support me in my endeavors. I have never lied to my friends about anything they've asked about the Fraternity. There are some things I won't tell them, bit I don't hang it over their heads.  That's just wrong.

reply to post by All Seeing Eye

I know many nowadays don't know the meaning or hold dear to fidelity, loyalty. Something freely given, not earned, is not respected or prized.

We have not nor do we desire to mislead humanity. We set reality? Ancient ones? Godless master? Negative ghost rider on all counts.

Yes there Freemasons here with different Masonic backgrounds and experiences.

1) Freemasonry asks that you don't tell certain things, but it can't force you to. If you felt do compelled to give the secrets then you'd only be expelled. Nothing more. My friends and loved ones have enough respect for me that they respect my wishes.

2) Freemasonry urges one to improve oneself through a strong work ethic. How is this wrong?

3) I disagree.

Freemasonry discourages fanaticism. Akram Elias once said in an interview that the 3 enemies of Freemasonry are Tyranny, Ignorance, and Fanaticism.

Freemasonry is composed of men from all walks of life and many different faiths. From the outside looking in it would seem weird.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
You are asking questions to an OP who havent been online for years, you might have to wait some time before you are given an answer

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Schrödinger

Wow. Didn't even notice. I hadn't had my breakfast yet.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I brought this thread back from 9 years or so ago, I was reading through the very first threads that started this site. In certain categories Freemasons or Ancient Societies, Area 51 , Military Projects and the New World Order to name a few. Almost right next to or on the same page I saw "How can making 1.4 million a day be evil" and one of the threads said "I am the lead singer (or in the band) G.O.P. so I knew about this awhile" . Seems like a different crowd of people and how they talk or communicate with each other, cleverly.

I know like all groups they probably have strong values and traditions , but my beef was when someone was denied rights or life, to live as normal and develop into an adult naturally or mature. To live in a glass house or cage like an animal or someones pet. Is it time for crazy mad scientists to show up yet?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Live and let live. Some people like running around the woods shooting paint balls at each other, some like to stay up all night making crop circles to amaze the gullible. Some like to spend all their time in the gym while others sit on the couch and attempt to sort out all the worlds woes from the comfort of their armchairs... And some like the Freemasons love their secret hand shakes, bizarre titles and rituals...
Whatever floats your boat.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I am sure their are a lot of good and pure things the masons do in their meetings and their secrecy. I just know somebody who was sorta crippled by the masons . Where is his career, wife, and family and livelihood. Whether it be stone mason, steel mason , blacksmith, or any kind of mason I dont trust them . And they are the best and brightest at the top of the ladder the people with the most money and / or knowledge maybe , the people that run the world. Some maybe music masons making this kid I know a laughing stock or putting disgusting things in their songs. Sorry , I didnt mean to offend anyone I know it is an older secret society.

The movie National Treasure talks about looking for clues in things to find a treasure the knights of the templar passed around and eventually others hid it. I know its been around awhile and the world was a different place, just maybe dualism I guess in clues looking for... sorry I am just trying to help this kid who got a book that was supposed to be Top Secret info about the freemasons.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
It's really simple: If you believe Freemasonry to be something that you are not interested in, then don't ask to join. What could be easier?

Personally, I'm not interested in football or golf, so I choose not to watch or play either. But I am interested in an organization with ancient roots that teaches good morality and character in ways that are pretty much dismissed by today's "instant gratification" and "must-have-it-now" way of thinking. So for me, it holds my interest.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbarr
...I'm not interested in football...

You mean the European version, right? Cause the one were they smash each other's heads into the ground is good.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
If you become a Mason, then you can choose to become a Shriner, and that's where the real secret are........

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

People who pretend to have secrets are just being ostentatious. If they really had some secret they would either spill it or not even bring it up.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schrödinger
You are asking questions to an OP who havent been online for years, you might have to wait some time before you are given an answer

Yep.......he MAY be pushing up daisies by now.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
What amazes me about the freemasons is the fact that they delight in their secret hand shakes and rituals. These are all freely available for study on the internet but some hear the word secret and therefore have to come up with their own version of the masonic secrets. These usually range from the bizarre to the downright weird. Seriously, if you're not a freemason and don't live by their code why should you be interested in what they get up to? I learnt a long time ago not to judge someone because of their creed colour religion or beliefs. If they're not hurting anyone let them have their fun and leave them alone.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Centiment

Hello,

got a friend who`s a freemason.

He drives me mad when talking about "secrets".

�n fact I`m wondering if he`s not simply going nuts.
I think he wants me to be initiated, That`s why I`m ending in this forum. I can`t be a freemason, it`s against my philosophical principles (though I`m sure I agree with some of the aims of that group).

But gooosshh.. please someone tell me the "secrets" thing is a joke. Here`s an example of a good secret:

"make believe to people that there is a huuge secret so that they all want to become freemasons and we can rule the world with our wisdom".

or "A secret told is not a secret anymore..don`t tell anyone I told you that"

Duh.

Anyone here with the knowledge and who don`t take themselves seriously enough to demystify in a couple sentances this whole obscurantism ?

I`m trying to get a grip at what drove my friend so mad, and if I ever speak against the masons one day it will be only because they helped loosing me a friend.

It seems to me that you can`t really be a mason and have close friends that aren`t. It`s too #ed up
and untrusty.

cheers,

Cedric

Dear friend and user,
I am apart of the beautiful Freemasonic brotherhood. The true secrets aren't secrets to conquer the world, nothing to fear. My grandfather, grandmother, mother, aunt, uncle, and all of my family is in the Fraternity. They're in O.E.S (Order of the Eastern Stars), for women, and Masons for men. You must understand one thing, there is not one thing wrong with the beautiful friendship that the Creator has given us. The secrets are simple. Handshakes and member-only activities. There are no sacrificial lamb offering, or plan to conquer the world. In fact, dear ones, the Freemasons are NOT to discuss political or religious issues within the walls of the Lodge. Do not listen to to the ones who aren't masons, who believe they know everything. They don't.

So mote it be.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join