It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry: fun or insane?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by LemmyKautionu
What amazes me about the freemasons is the fact that they delight in their secret hand shakes and rituals. These are all freely available for study on the internet but some hear the word secret and therefore have to come up with their own version of the masonic secrets. These usually range from the bizarre to the downright weird. Seriously, if you're not a freemason and don't live by their code why should you be interested in what they get up to? I learnt a long time ago not to judge someone because of their creed colour religion or beliefs. If they're not hurting anyone let them have their fun and leave them alone.

Truth is, many simply don't share your live-and-let-live attitude. They see Freemasonry or Freemasons as a threat, either politically or religiously. And it is that perceived threat that drives the conspiracy thinking and the attacks in the name of religion. Personally, I see it as really nothing more than lashing out to validate one's personal shortcomings and insecurities.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gaotau
Dear friend and user,
I am apart of the beautiful Freemasonic brotherhood. The true secrets aren't secrets to conquer the world, nothing to fear. My grandfather, grandmother, mother, aunt, uncle, and all of my family is in the Fraternity. They're in O.E.S (Order of the Eastern Stars), for women, and Masons for men. You must understand one thing, there is not one thing wrong with the beautiful friendship that the Creator has given us. The secrets are simple. Handshakes and member-only activities. There are no sacrificial lamb offering, or plan to conquer the world. In fact, dear ones, the Freemasons are NOT to discuss political or religious issues within the walls of the Lodge. Do not listen to to the ones who aren't masons, who believe they know everything. They don't.

So mote it be.

You sum it up nicely! Sadly, though, it so often falls on deaf ears. People too often hear what they want to hear, and the notion of secrets, conspiracy, elitism, and elements of religion just blind people to the point of denial.

I'd love to say to the world...

"Freemasonry is religious, but it is not a religion. Freemasonry has secrets, but it is not secret. Freemasonry has members who have wealth and are in positions or power, but it does not confer wealth or power."

...oh wait. I just did...

<< 1   >>

join