It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did I just see?!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Tonight I pulled out a few cushions and decided to do some homework on in the grass in my backyard.. about 30 minutes later I decided to take a break and look at the stars and the moon.. So I went to grab for my soda that was sitting right next to me and saw something move in the pine trees.. I went to check what it was and found nothing. Then as I turned around, I looked into the sky and it was a huge circle about the size of a basketball in the sky.
It was blue, green, and yellow and it was just pulsating these colors for about 35 seconds. Then all of a sudden it broke off into thousands of smalls lights which scattered in all directions.. I decided to call my friend to tell him what I seen and it said it had no signal.. That is when I got freaked out a bit..
I tried to go on Myspace but I lost connection to the internet also.. So I decided to run into the house and check the news to see if there was anything on about what I just saw.. Then I realized there was no cable..
I ran into my car and flew down the road to the closest gas station I could find and asked if they had seen anything they said no. So I bought some chips and what not and went home.. Everything seemed to be back in order.
Did anybody else see this phenomenon?
I live in Atlanta, Georgia. And I saw this Unknown object in the south-east quadrant of the sky.
If anybody can point me in any direction of what this was it would be really appreciated.
Also I wasn't high or drunk when I saw this..

[edit on 17-7-2008 by Thuggin]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Wow ,that sounds so very cool! You've got me looking to see if there's anything out of my window (I live in Michigan though, so...)

I really hope that someone has a concurrent sighting, that would be really cool!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
May I please get more replies, my eyes are still watery from this and I cannot fall asleep..

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
If it's any comfort, I do think that it very well may have been a UFO of sorts, but that is not guarentee (as si sthe case in some sightings) but if it's any consolation - I do not believe that the ufo was targeted towards you, nor will come back to haunt you or anything of the sort. Especially if it spread out through the night sky, but, as I said before - it'll be interesting to see if there are any concurrent sightings, I've been watching here and still nothing...

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
did you make out the color of the thing that ran into the trees?

Interesting the UFO broke off into a bunch of pieces.

I don't know what to say.

Now you know things are getting weird, and we are all not just goin' insane in the membrane.

Insane in the BRAIN!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Fireworks maybe? It is July.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
In Georgia airborne fireworks are illeagal to sell so its pretty rare to see them.. Also I don't know anything about any fireworks that stay in the air for over half a minute.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thuggin
Tonight I pulled out a few cushions and decided to do some homework on in the grass in my backyard.. about 30 minutes later I decided to take a break and look at the stars and the moon.. So I went to grab for my soda that was sitting right next to me and saw something move in the pine trees.. I went to check what it was and found nothing. Then as I turned around, I looked into the sky and it was a huge circle about the size of a basketball in the sky.
It was blue, green, and yellow and it was just pulsating these colors for about 35 seconds. Then all of a sudden it broke off into thousands of smalls lights which scattered in all directions.. I decided to call my friend to tell him what I seen and it said it had no signal.. That is when I got freaked out a bit..
I tried to go on Myspace but I lost connection to the internet also.. So I decided to run into the house and check the news to see if there was anything on about what I just saw.. Then I realized there was no cable..
I ran into my car and flew down the road to the closest gas station I could find and asked if they had seen anything they said no. So I bought some chips and what not and went home.. Everything seemed to be back in order.
Did anybody else see this phenomenon?
I live in Atlanta, Georgia. And I saw this Unknown object in the south-east quadrant of the sky.
If anybody can point me in any direction of what this was it would be really appreciated.
Also I wasn't high or drunk when I saw this..

[edit on 17-7-2008 by Thuggin]

Hmm I also live in Atlanta but I sure didn't see any UFO or my cable did'nt go out or anything...

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
That is very cool, especially considering all the tech outages. Was there any sound at all? Did the small parts scatter and then dissipate, or did they keep going until they were out of your line of vision? If they did disappear, how long did it take, and how near the original center? And are you absolutely certain about the time you watched the big light hover? I only ask because when you do see strange objects or events, time can seem to go by a whole slower than it actually is, so that an instant can seem like forever. It's annoying, but it's true.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Nope... where I live we don't have those big electric poles on the ground.. We have them in ground.. also.. I was looking pretty much straight up..

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Thuggin

It's possible you may have seen a UFO. I saw something myself about a year ago during a hot summer day not a cloud in the sky. Fortunately for me when I saw it I ran into the house and got other family members to look at it. None of us had any Idea what it was, it stayed in there long enough for all of them to see it, then zamm...gone in a blink of an eye.

I know exactly what you feel, now you are going to start reading and researching if you have not already of just what is the significance of seeing a UFO...it does change life as you know it to a certain degree. Because once you have accepted the notion of the existence of UFOs, then things like spirituality, consciousness, life, death, ghosts...you may find to be intertwined to a degree, and it does open up a can of worms...

[edit on 2-8-2008 by Gateway]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Project Blue Beam is just getting started

new topics

top topics

join