It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why is there so much satanism disinfo here

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
How can you believe in Satanism and think your understanding is complete or that understanding can ever be achieved.

Your just extremists and those who know better have no care or thought for satanism. Allthough they spare some time from more important things and ruminate on the character of humanity that created it.

Children ha! be quiet. At first it is quaint then it becomes an annoyance. My emotions get the better of me, now back to the truth, you serve a purpose in the game and that is all you are good for, some of you will turn the corner and raise yourself up.

Originally posted by Vasilis Azoth

To be clear, modern Satanists are Humanists.

Is that your own definition child!!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorgeroth

But more importantly, judging somebody based on their beliefs is morally wrong. In all religions, belief systems, is it not stated to be tollerant of others? There are extreemists out there who want nothing more than to convert "evil doers" I know I have one for a step-mother. But it's fun to use the bible back on her when she goes off on her rants.

I digress, Just remember a person is smart, people are idiots.

Who told you that? It is not the judging but the persecution that is annoying. Where people get this idea Christians shouldn't judge others Ill never know. The thou shalt not judge lest ye be judged is only half of a discontextualized version of Scripture, usually used to manipulate a Christian into getting off someones case or to keep them from saying something that judges another.

Wrong is Wrong, Evil is Evil, Right is Right. Good and Evil are choices we make that define our moral souls. God is Good and evil is a place where God isn't. It separates it is the line between and we choose it we suffer its consequences.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by re22666

Originally posted by undo

1. How many wars have been fought in the name of satan?

All of 'em.

Certainly not in the name of Jesus since his solution to violence was to turn the other cheek. Now who's paradigm does getting revenge and survival of the fittest fit more precisely into ? Certainly not the turn the other cheek guy.

the question was not "how many wars have been fought in accordance wit h jesus teachings?" it was wars in his name and there have been many. we all know the war we are in now, G.W. said himself god told him to do it, but the list of wars in the name of god or christianity goes wayyyy back. im still waiting for the list of wars in satan's name
that is in NAME. not in the likeness of, not style of, NAME OF.

Now why would anyone do that ? Does this line of questioning even have a point? The Crusades, especially the First Crusade, are undoubtedly the foremost Christian example of religious war.

Atheists love to bring it up too at every opportunity they love to pollute present day Christianity with the past. They are bitches like that.

They are not only an example of one of the dangers of religion, they also serve as an excellent example of one of the primary dangers to religion, that of being co-opted manipulated and used by secular powers for secular purposes but when you speak of GW haha that is so like a Satanist and if anyone does a good job at making Christians look like buffoons, it's the "Decider" , ipso facto.

- Con

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I'm must say that this thread has proven to me once agin just how small the human race is. I know very little about satanism, or God or anything that isn't of this world for that matter and have no problem with telling you so. I can't even figure out why my species can't see the error in its behavior. I don't understand why people can't see that this is a huge issue that leads to all sorts of misconceptions. How can you really make a decision about something with out knowing the facts? With most things in life people want to know their options, why is this not the case when it comes to spirituality, unless you have studied them all how can you make an intelligent choice. We obviously can't agree on who or what God is and we have been strugguling with that issue for some time now and it has gotten us no where, so what would it hurt for the human species to forget about God for now and focuss on humans? What if we loved ourselves as much as we love God? Do you think the world would look the same?

[edit on 7/18/2008 by XcLuciFer]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by XcLuciFer
I'm must say that this thread has proven to me once agin just how small the human race is. I know very little about satanism, or God or anything that isn't of this world for that matter and have no problem with telling you so. I can't even figure out why my species can't see the error in its behavior. I don't understand why people can't see that this is a huge issue that leads to all sorts of misconceptions. How can you really make a decision about something with out knowing the facts? With most things in life people want to know their options, why is this not the case when it comes to spirituality, unless you have studied them all how can you make an intelligent choice. We obviously can't agree on who or what God is and we have been strugguling with that issue for some time now and it has gotten us no where, so what would it hurt for the human species to forget about God for now and focuss on humans? What if we loved ourselves as much as we love God? Do you think the world would look the same?

Well, let me be the first to point out that you are not capable of knowing what extent others have gone to to reach their determinations regarding subjects such as spirituality. you auto-assume people just got up from their highchairs one day, took off their bibs, removed their pacifiers, picked up their potty chairs and said, hmm, i think i'll be a christian. that is extremely presumptive. You have no idea.

[edit on 18-7-2008 by undo]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   

You Only Know What You've Been Told!!

There's a big ditto here. Aren't you one of those people who actually believed Zeitgeist?

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   

that tarot is a random card game. and if you want me to explain what is different, i think you better explain just what was supposed to be the same first.
pops.

I thought you said you knew that Tarot. If you did you would not state it is a random card game. It was only a card game for the elite in Europe a few hundred years ago. Before that is was not. It was originally taken from the library of Alexander and is very ancient. Oh and in explaining what is the same first. I already did that in the external source quote did you read it...its a perfect description of your belief system if you are a Satanist.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiriology

Who told you that? It is not the judging but the persecution that is annoying. Where people get this idea Christians shouldn't judge others Ill never know.

judge not lest ye be judged

miss that part?
some christian you are.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
wel i never imagined the title would warrant such heavy respones. i thought it would be a little thing that i might find interesting. now it has become something i cannot keep up with. i appreciate every contribution, agreeable, disagreeable, even the people who just say things that are so obviously wrong. still glad you bothered.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiriology

Who told you that? It is not the judging but the persecution that is annoying. Where people get this idea Christians shouldn't judge others Ill never know.

judge not lest ye be judged

miss that part?
some christian you are.

Here smart guy

[Should Christians Judge? /b]
by Mason Barrett and B. Waldrop

You have probably heard this saying many times: "The Bible says not to judge." Christians and non-believers both use this statement often to try to avoid exposure of wrongdoing in their lives, and yes, the Bible does say for us not to judge, but although it does say this what does it really mean? Take the statement "don't drink and drive" for example and ask yourself what it means. Does it mean never drink anything while driving? Of course not, it means do not drink alcohol (bad drinking) and drive, but non-alcoholic drinks (good drinking) is ok. You have probably heard this saying many times: "You should not judge a book by its cover," but what if the cover of the book reads "PlayBoy Magazine?" Should we make a judgment about PlayBoy or should we open the book to investigate? The answer is obvious. We should avoid this book because of the warning sign written on the cover. If we are unsure of a warning sign we should approach the situation with extreme caution. For example, if we drive down an unfamiliar road and see a sign that reads "Dangerous Curve," we do not usually turn around; instead we approach the curve with caution. If we are unable to determine whether something is safe or unsafe, it is safer to avoid the situation. 1 Thessalonians 5:21-22 NIV says: "Test everything. Hold on to the good. Avoid every kind of evil." King James Version of this same verse passage says: "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Abstain from all appearance of evil." So we definitely should judge all things (movies, books, music, and behavior of people).
When the Bible says not to judge it is talking about the bad type of judging. So in order not to practice the bad kind of judging, we must understand the two types of judging.

Two Types of Judging

1. Discerning (Good Judging)
Exposing
Correcting and Rebuking

If we have examined ourselves and we are not guilty of the same sin (see 1 Corinthians 11:27-31), it may be necessary to expose, rebuke, and correct someone; especially if the person doing wrong is another believer.
2 Timothy 3:16-17 NIV says: "All scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."

2 Timothy 4:2 NIV says: "Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage- with great patience and careful instruction." Notice that in this verse we are told to rebuke and encourage; so we should not correct if we do not encourage.

Titus 2:15 NIV says: "These, then, are the things you should teach. Encourage and rebuke with all authority. Do not let anyone despise you."
Ephesians 5:11 NIV says: "Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them."

1 Corinthians 2:15-16 NIV says: "The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man's judgment: For who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ."

So, believers should judge all matters and issues.

I John 4:1 NIV says: "Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world." Believers should test the spirits behind a person's action to see if the action brings glory to God.

Paul, who wrote most of the New Testament, judged someone in the church. See 1 Corinthians 5:1-13. Then see 2 Corinthians 2:5-11 to see where Paul encourages the church to forgive the person.

2. Condemning and Criticizing (Bad Judging)
Using people's sin as an excuse to lower or belittle them.
Harsh punishment without encouragement to follow.

Cursing a person or prophesying destruction into their lives. Note: it is ok to warn someone of possible consequences, but it is not ok to say things which may discourage the person or lead them to believe that the worst is the only outcome they will have.
Sentencing with no mercy.

Correcting someone when guilty of the same thing.

People who practice the bad kind of judging often are guilty of the same sin they are using to belittle another person. Jesus addressed this scenario in Matthew 7:1-5 and Luke 6:41-42, and these are the verses which people sometimes twist in order to defend their sinful desires. The problem is that people sometimes quote Matthew 7:1 only which reads "Do not judge, or you too will be judged" (NIV), but one must also read verses 2-5 to understand the point Jesus was making. The point Jesus was making was not to judge someone of the same sin we have in our own lives. Another way to look at the point Jesus was making is by answering this question: How can a person help someone escape quicksand if that person is also stuck in the same quicksand?

Paul echoes the point Jesus was making in Romans 2:1-4. This passage reads: "You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things. Now we know that God's judgment against those who do such things is based on truth. So when you, a mere man, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God's judgment?" (NIV).

Christians should judge and Christians should not judge- both are true.
What makes judging right or wrong depends on the spirit, motive and attitude in which judging is being done. So, the conclusion is that Christians should judge the actions of other people, but Christians should not make conclusions about the degree of punishment that a person will receive from God. The only conclusion that a Christian can accurately make is that if a person does not accept God's plan of salvation, that person will be separated from God throughout all eternity, because this is what the Bible tells us (see Revelation 20:11-15).

Bad Judgment Statement: "You are going to hell because of what you do."

Good Judgment Statement: "God will help you with your problem and God wants to save you from spiritual death if you choose to let Him."
If we are going to make a negative comment to a person about their behavior, we should be just as quick to give encouragement, and tell the person about the rewards of repentance.

God, who is the ultimate judge, is full of grace and mercy, so we should also be full of grace and mercy.

James 2:12-13 NIV says: Speak and act as those who are going to be judged by the law that gives freedom, because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment."

Christians should remember and understand that we too were once lost.
Titus 3:3-5 NIV says: "At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another. But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy."

Non-Christians are unable to make sound judgments about Christians.
1 Corinthians 2:15-16 NIV says: "The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man's judgment: For who has known the mind of the Lord that he (non-Christian) may instruct him (Christian)? But we (Christians) have the mind of Christ."

When people hear the word "judge" or "judgment" bad things usually come to mind, but often, good things come out of judgment. A judge rewards a person who has done the right thing.

After death, everyone will face judgment. "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment..." (Hebrews 9:27 KJV). For non-believers, the judgment mentioned will be the Great White Throne judgment spoken of in Revelation 20:11-15; where all who trust their own good works for salvation are to be judged according to their works and will be thrown into the Lake of Fire, because the works of men cannot redeem them from their sins. Only God's sacrifice can redeem us from our sin.

People who put their trust in Jesus alone for their salvation will be judged at the Judgment Seat of Christ which is mentioned in 2 Corinthians 5:10; where they will receive what is due to them according to what they did, but they will not be thrown into the Lake of Fire because they are covered by the blood of God's sacrifice- Jesus. For people who trusted God, their final judgment will be a good event, but non-believers will face a bad judgment.

People often do not come to God and receive salvation because they are afraid their sins will be exposed and they are afraid they will be judged (see John 3:19-21). They do not understand that God is full of grace and mercy and it pleases Him when men confess their wrongs. Christians should also be full of grace and mercy.

Yeah I'm some Christian

Now,, what the hell are you ??

the alternative?

Pffft

- Con

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

ok let me get this straight

you are a christian?

but it is ok for two people to write a book and say how they interperet things and as a christian you can adopt there line of thinking and even stand behind it?

would jesus want you showing me someone else's book and calling it proof of somethnig that it is pretty easy to see the bible contradicts?

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Yeah I'm some Christian

Now,, what the hell are you ??

the alternative?

Pffft

- Con

the alternative. arent christans supposed to also be humble. it seems rather egocentric to assume that your religion is so great that there could only be one alternative (the wrong one.) sorry buddy, but the opposite of the shark is not one other fish in an ocean full of creatures now is it?

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
does it really matter what it is that i am? what my faith might be, might not be, what god or gods i might or might not believe in? i have no problem answering it, in a relevant manner. i thought i started this thread to find out why people have so many "facts" about satanism that dont even coincide within themselves, let alone stand up to the light of truth. and why do they all funnel down to area 51 and daivid icke lore?
what i am would not answer nor contribute to either question would it?

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher

I love the fact that you have named your religion based on Satan but then deny you have anything to do with him. Typical Satanist, Follow the devils lead. The greatest thing Satan even did was convince many that he does not exist. I have listened to your kind over and over and every time, The longer they speak the more comes out that they are worshipers of the anti-Christ and the devil himself. A few have even been brave enough to deny this with Art Bell on Coast to Coast and they get busted every time.

your problem is that one- you assumed my religion. i never stated my stance on being or not being a satanist.
two- you base it on what you think satanism would be

because your feeble mind needs an invisible friend to tell you what to do, if that works, great
if satanist want to adhere to a lifestyle that lines up well with another fictional character and use his name to remember what it is they want to emulate and it works for them, great

i will talk to you, art bell, george nory, the pope, anyone else you want and you will not get it out of me that satanism is about worshipping the devil. why would one? satan did not want to worship at gods feet. would it not be entirely purposelell to go, wow that dude is a rebel, he doesnt want to worship, lets worship him?

come on now. only christians see things as being so simplistic. it is ok, it is what makes you able to believe.

anyway, looking for why people like you believe what you believe, can you share with us some proof that satansist worship the anti christ. not anecdotes or quotes from clap-trap like "michelle remembers" but actual proof that satanists worship satan or any supernatural ghost story voodoo zombie monster you people talk about in your big book.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

reply to post by re22666

i love a good challenge. especially on ancient history and etymology! i will get back to you on the antiquity thing. can't guarantee satisfying results, but will try my darndest to uncover the origins.

well i love your spirit and contribution as well
now i am trying to do the impossible and i know i am as guilty as anyone but i would love to keep this thread actually addressing the topic in the title. think that is possible?

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   

the word "satan" was both a noun and an adjective. it meant adversary, the accuser, to throw something in the path to impede progress, examples of this action were described further in the context of the verses. it was generally used by the hebrews to describe any angel who attempted to bring harm to or stop the progress of the hebrews, and in this context, signified a particular fallen angel, who was characterized almost exclusively as a serpent man (reptilian), a seraph (that's what a serpent man is). also called dragon men and scorpion men in antiquity but not specifically satans unless used in context with the adjective (to throw a blockage) or described as hampering in some way. such as the israelites encountered seraph(im) *fiery serpents* in their 40 year desert trek, who tried to impede their progress.

so it would appear, that when they perceived something to be evil being done to them, that it was laid solely at the feet of any one of the offending seraphim, and this seraph would immediately become satan, as the adversary.

the original serpent, however, was modelled after Enki from sumerian texts (or so it would appear).

DING DING DING DING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it is almost like you are saying that there just might be more than one use for the word satan. hmmm given that logic, there might be more than one reason someone may want to affiliate themself with that name or even an entire religion. but then given that logic, it would seem then very possible that my satan, your satan, and the satan of the jerks on this board that just want to slam the bible down your gullet, might all be different? and then following that logic, you would then be saying that those people could then have absoloutely no way of answering a logical question about a general theme based on a historical word using the a fictional book as a reference.
wow heavy.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Whadayamean disinfo? Everything you read on this site is true. Come on now. Don't you believe everything here as you should? So be it, As it is and so on and so on.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   

the original serpent, however, was modelled after Enki from sumerian texts (or so it would appear).

it is too bad you are not a die hard christian evangelist. they could use someone like you that can read. i have this argument all the time with supposed christians that it was not their "lucifer" but a vague serpent in my bibles here. but instead of read theirs, they argue.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   

reply to post by re22666

okay, thanks!
i'll be in good company.

i do have to say, you take my derriding with such good spirit and you are the type of person that i have to say, no matter what you believe in or feel, if you arent pushing it and it works for you, super. it seems to work for you and you are so are not a combatative ass like most of the rest of us.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlytOfHnd
Whadayamean disinfo? Everything you read on this site is true. Come on now. Don't you believe everything here as you should? So be it, As it is and so on and so on.

i mean like within the same thread, adjacent at times, there are two completely contradictory stories about thnigs that are linked to satanism and it is because of this and that. even though each story if true would cancel out the other, all people seem to read is, bad stuff, satanism.
and it just lays there, believed, replied about, passed on, but not challenged. i really just expected so much more critical thinking here i guess. but that is what i get for thinking.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join