It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Game Over: Thirty-Six Sure-Fire Signs That Your Empire Is Crumbling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
This is a very good article I want to bring to your attention:

Game Over: Thirty-Six Sure-Fire Signs That Your Empire Is Crumbling

Here are some rules of thumb to keep in mind, thirty-six sure-fire indicators that your empire is falling apart:

You know your empire's crumbling when the folks who are gearing up their empire to replace yours start blowing up satellites in space. And then they don't bother to return your phone calls when you ring up to ask why.

You know your empire's crumbling when those same folks are cutting deals left, right and center across Asia, Latin America and Africa, while you, your lousy terms, and your arrogant attitude are no longer welcome.

You know your empire's crumbling when you're spending your grandchildren's money like a drunken sailor, and letting your soon-to-be rivals finance your little splurge (i.e., letting them own your country).

There is 36 of them to read.

I think all 36 are true.

What do you think?

[edit on 14-7-2008 by Sarkazmon]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I love this one.

You know your empire's crumbling when you weaken your currency until it looks as anemic as a Paris runway model, and you're still setting record trade deficits. (Hint: Because you're not making anything anymore.) .

Also you know that your empire's is crumbling went you impose tax cut and rely on borrowing from axis of evil countries to finance your wars, government expending and everything else.

Almost one trillion dollars of borrowed debt.

Yes we are crumbling alright.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

This is one of my favorites:

You know your empire's crumbling when you're too dumb to even ban Humvees as a first step toward ending your dependency on a foreign-owned crucial resource.

So true.

Everybody is crying about gas prices and screaming for solutions without wanting to conserve or change habits.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Here's one: You know when your empire is crumbling when most of your country doesn't know their leader was a C student. Has no communication skills and walks around after briefings looking like "I nailed it"....

new topics

top topics

join