It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(HUGE 8.1)Earthquake Prediction Philippines July 18 2008

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
There is rumours going around that theres going to be a serious earthquake here in the Philippines on friday but most say that it is a hoax, but I think there may be something to it this could be serious they have been doing some serious disaster training exercises here very recently, and anyone who keeps their eye on these things knows what that means.

Here is just one article on it

www.filipinasoul.com...

Emails and text messages about a supposed earthquake that’s about to happen in the Philippines have been spreading online and from cellphone to cellphone. The earthquake “predictions” were supposedly made by a 47-year-old Brazilian teacher, Jucelino Nobrega da Luz (sometimes misspelled Juseleeno Nobulega Daroose). He has allegedly claimed that a massive quake, magnitude 8.1, will hit the Philippines on July 18, 2008. The anonymous email containing this prediction also details supposed past warnings issued by da Luz. This isn’t the first time that rumors of impending doom have circulated. In May, it was a 6.8 earthquake that was to hit the Philippines. Those rumors came on the heels of the 8.0 earthquake in Sichuan, China. The Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (Phivolcs) has debunked that earlier rumor and this current one too. Philvolcs is assuring the entire Philippines that “there is no basic science” behind these reports. In other words, it’s not true! Phivolcs Director Renato Solidum Jr. advises everyone who receives these text messages or emails to delete them and not to pass them on. Earthquakes are impossible to predict with any accuracy. Yes, they will occur, and yes, they will occur in the Philippines, as they always have. But to say that one of a specific magnitude will occur in any country on a specific date is an absolute delusion. Still think there might be a grain of truth to it? Kat Carneo, of Kat’s World, has researched this rumor, and found that da Luz did not even make such a prediction. Kat posits that somebody else thought it would be funny to make up the earthquake rumor and spread it around, using the name of an already-controversial modern-day Nostradamus.

There is also plenty of you tubes and other news related items pertaining to this aledged hoax. If you google "philippine earthquake prediction" or something similar.

Could this be a leak from somewhere up the top?

We are getting used to these "political" earthquakes maybe from such things as HAARP?

One things for sure we will find out on friday if it the prediction is precise, or on another day if its not so precise, but i do hope it is just a hoax.

What are your thoughts? Leaked info, Psychic prediction, or hoax?

[edit on 14-7-2008 by Boostah]

[edit on 14-7-2008 by Boostah]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Stan Deyo was on C2C ~2 weeks ago talking about increasing global volcanic
activity. The area that peaked his intrest the most was north of New Zealand.
in the area............

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Some cool stuff out there on Stan Deyo, thanks

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
i've got an email from a friend about this man, too.. it says, that he predicted the death of Lady Diana, WTC, tsunami in indonesia etc2. before it all happened, he always sent a message to the country's government to warn them about what will happened.. he also sets the armageddon which i forget when, but not 2012 although i still believe that something big will happen in 2012

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Ho hum

Predicting a huge earthquake in June 2008

If you find my posts just replace "China" with "Philippines", and "June" with "July 18th".

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Oh thats the folder i should have put mine predictions i didnt see that one.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Boostah

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Boostah

I'd say I am prepared to eat my shorts if this comes true if the darn place wasn't sitting on top of the ring of fire. Plus, the place is a cesspool of immorality, especially homosexuality; its just ripe for a wrath of God type of calamity.

It wouldn't be too surprising if all its troubles is because God is pissed off at it. But I guess I could say that about the rest of the world as well.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
If the earthquake will happen ,do the philippines will suffer from this disaster?and can this earthquake destroy much on the philippines natural environment?

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
lets all just pray that the prediction is wrong!!! only god knows what will truly happen....... god bless us all!!

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Well the only thing I know that will impact the Phillipines is tropical storm Kalmaegi, which should be strengthening as it moves north towards Taiwan and the Chinese coast.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Other than that, most these prophecies (and psychics) are BS, most people know that the Phillipines, Indonesia, China etc sit on the edge of the ring of fire, where earthquakes and volcanoes are frequent, so any major quake or volcanic eruption is not an unusual occurence

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
In the midst of our economic situation, this rumour is not very helpful and may even create panic among our people. Just like experts says, it is very difficult to predict the specific date and moreover the magnitude of an earthquake. Whoever made or spread this prediction should think twice on what the result will be. For sure, it is good to know that something bad might happen so we could prepare for it, but we all know that most of the time it causes negative reaction from people. If this person can predict what is happening to other country, why cant they predict what could happen to their own country! silly isnt it?. Natural disaster is something that could happen anytime and because of our geographical location, the Philippines are often visited by typhoon, earhtquake, volcanic eruption, etc. These are something that we should be prepared anytime, that is why regular disaster exercise are being conduted. If he wants us to avoid catastrophy, he should make this annoucement through the proper channel and not spread via internet or txt.

I didnt say that we should just forget all about this, but dont let this affects us negatively. GOD is the only one who knows everything and He knows whats best for all of us, He would not let His children suffer.

If we notice, those "natural disasters" that killed several people are not really natural but because of human intervention or because of what people have done to the environment

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I wouldnt pay this NO MIND since its not much of a prediction.

Its just more spooks spreading nonsense

People running around "Oh my God, its coming!" = good chance for an EQ
People running around happy and oblivious= No chance for an EQ

Time to stop conjuring up calamities and be positive DARN IT.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Boostah

ITS REAL! No joke this is a real prediction this time. Sell everything you own and move out of the philippines before its too late. Tell off your boss and live like you're going to die in two more days. Only 2 more days before you are all going to suffer the most horrible death from an earthquake.

Ignore all the fake posts about predicting earthquakes, this one is for realzies.

Be afraid!!!!

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I'm curious. Has there ever been a post on ATS of a prediction that actually came true?

Can I have a thread please, I do so want to believe that this can happen.

I waited the entire month of June for California to fall into the Pacific, and got stiffed.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
who knows... just believe in God and none of this facts will happen
but still... it keep on bothering me, since i read the text message, So I just Pray for the sake of our safety and for the calm of my heart

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I believe that the July 18 2008 predication might be true.I would advise everyone to make sure to be prepared to this unstoppable catastrophic event. We should pray and be ready for anything. We do not know if it's true, but according to the bible the end is near. This issue has nothing to do with homosexuals or whatsoever. The mankind is also responsible for any of these imagne the weather lately, philippines had encounted alot of typhoons, earthquake just recently. Global warming. there's nothing to lose if we are going to believe it. What if the end is near? after the 8.1 magnitude , another disaster is coming. TSUNAMI. it's better to be ready than sorry.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
this predition is causing too much trouble and worry to some foreigners staying in the Philippines and most especially to the FILIPINO people. i know that that person who made that predition whoever he or she is just want to give warning, if it will happen then it will happen, GOD only knows, she/he is NOT GOD anyways.
so just have faith and trust in GOD and HE will take care of us everytime.

GOD BLESS US ALL PHILIPPINES

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join