It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truther throws in the towel, admits it's all B.S.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlightlyAbovePar
reply to post by snowen20

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything.

But that's not true. You spend a tremendous amount of time and effort trying to debunk 9/11 conspiracy theories and attempting to garner support for the official government story.

I probably spend too much time trying to do the opposite. But at least I'm honest about my motivations.

If you can't be honest about your actions or motivations, why should people believe, or even investigate what you have to say?

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Wow, I may have to rethink my position if that guy threw in the towel!

That guy fights less like Roberto Duran and more like Duran Duran.

Peoples' minds are already made up, none of this matters anymore. Those who didn't choose the right side have a great cosmic justice coming their way, of that I have no doubt.

See you on the other side...........or not.

Peace

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by expatwhite
I honestly dont know whether there are reports or not.

Well if you did any research at all you would know that the investigating agencies (FBI & NTSB) have not released a large part of the official reports of the investigation.

Please do research, there is no reason to be afraid of the truth.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

God I Hope you read this,,,,why in H*LL would the CIA care enough what we think on ATS to try and infiltrate the forums...I dont even think its infiltrating when you can just sign up like everyone else does under false names.. You my friend need serious help. Paranoia is a sign of many treatable diseases. Oh and btw I am not associated with the goverment in any way.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by alienj

I understand where you are coming from, and I think there is probably a good chance this guy isn't paid by the government. However, there are good reasons as to why the government would do something like this. Seeing as how the government already controls all of the information about 9-11 that gets released in the mainstream media, the only chance people have to learn is on alternative news venues, like ATS. If they thought we too many people were starting to believe it was a cover up, it seems totally plausible that they would try to infiltrate the movement and have someone inside end up admitting it was a sham to mislead people that were starting to believe the movement, like many ATSers.

I'm not just theorizing either. There has been much information released by the CIA outlining their use of propaganda, and much other evidence to support it. People have found practices such as what has been mentioned, provocateuring (which is when in protests government agents intentionally provoke violence so that the rally can be squashed), and even more recently much info has come to light as to government agencies having paid people post on websites (maybe someone reading this can provide cites or threads discussing this, I'm kind of busy). Heck, the Obama campaign announced it publicly.

This doesn't prove that this guy is a government op, but I think it shows you can't blame people for thinking it.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grambler
reply to post by alienj

I understand where you are coming from, and I think there is probably a good chance this guy isn't paid by the government. However, there are good reasons as to why the government would do something like this. Seeing as how the government already controls all of the information about 9-11 that gets released in the mainstream media, the only chance people have to learn is on alternative news venues, like ATS. If they thought we too many people were starting to believe it was a cover up, it seems totally plausible that they would try to infiltrate the movement and have someone inside end up admitting it was a sham to mislead people that were starting to believe the movement, like many ATSers.

I'm not just theorizing either. There has been much information released by the CIA outlining their use of propaganda, and much other evidence to support it. People have found practices such as what has been mentioned, provocateuring (which is when in protests government agents intentionally provoke violence so that the rally can be squashed), and even more recently much info has come to light as to government agencies having paid people post on websites (maybe someone reading this can provide cites or threads discussing this, I'm kind of busy). Heck, the Obama campaign announced it publicly.

This doesn't prove that this guy is a government op, but I think it shows you can't blame people for thinking it.

Excellent analysis and I couldn't have said it better myself. There are good reasons for the gov to have done this, but really it could be that this guy is just not a believer anymore, perhaps the fallout of the disinformation campaign that has been waged has worn him down?

[edit on 15-7-2008 by talisman]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ULTIMA1

Originally posted by ThroatYogurt
I would rather not waste anymore bandwidth on the Silverstein BS. You and I both know he is not the culprit here. Besides...we don't want to derail

Yes anyone with common sense should know that Silverstein stating to PULL the firemen is BS.

The Fire Chiefs timeleine has been shown many times.

Ultima,

He never spoke to Chief Nigro. This is a fact.

We don't know WHO he spoke to. This is a fact

We don't know what TIME he spoke to a commander. This is a fact.

Stop telling people to do research.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by alienj

the truth is a virus. that's why 'they' would care.
it only takes ONE single post of absolute truth to become a virulent meme which spreads like wildfire through the entire global society.
that's why it is the 'global village', now.

see my finger?

"pull it" -silverstien

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SlightlyAbovePar

" Truther throws in the towel, admits it's all B.S. "

sorry, I disagree

More like, LIAR poses as truther to sell spin to the ignorant...

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Whether or not you believe Al Qaida is responsible or you think Dick Cheney is responsible or you think the space aliens did it, the Truth is that since 9/11 the government of George W. Bush has been sweeping away our Constitution like a tornado passing through Wichita.

Forget trying to prove anything about 9/11 right now. Impeach Bush and Cheney and Rice and the lot of them right now, and then go after the truth of 9/11.

If we don't stop the Bush/Clinton/Cheney/Pelosi/Reid express, it won't matter who did what because we and our children will be dead.

Sure vote out all of the damned Democrats and Republicans. But more needs to happen right now. And someone a whole lot smarter and more educated than I am needs to come up with a plan ... and until those folks do, every last one of us needs to get behind Kucinich and the Articles of Impeachment.

And all you Ron Paul people, need to light a fire under Mr. Safety, and tell him to get on the floor of the House with his own impeachment charges against Bush, Cheney, Bernake, and Paulsson. Come on, Ron Paul, step up to the plate before they take the plate away from us too!!!!!

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Queen Maeve

that's one of the best posts i've ever seen, and i've seen about one hundred thousand.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   

He never spoke to Chief Nigro. This is a fact.

We don't know what TIME he spoke to a commander. This is a fact.

Stop telling people to do research.

1. Chief Nigro was the Fire commander. Silverstein spoke to the fire commander.

2. We have the statement from Nigro that he evacuated the firemen without talking to anyone, so that means the call was made after the firemen were evacuated.

Why are you beleivers so afraid to do research?

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ULTIMA1

Ultima,

Do you know how many commanders were on the scene? (yes I know Nigro was in charge)

Did Silverstein say WHO he talked to?

Did Silverstein mention what TIME he spoke to them?

Again stop telling people to do research and start doing some of your own.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ULTIMA1

Originally posted by expatwhite
I honestly dont know whether there are reports or not.

Well if you did any research at all you would know that the investigating agencies (FBI & NTSB) have not released a large part of the official reports of the investigation.

Please do research, there is no reason to be afraid of the truth.

I dont really have an interest in this field so my "research" is conducted on other things. And as for "no reason to be afraid of the truth", well thats just so patronising its laughable you muppet.

Now shoo, go patronise someone else

ps, YOUR quote "they have not released a large portion of the official reports" indicates they have released at least some sort of official report. Which contradicts previous posts that said there was NO official report. Again, people wanting things both ways.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Did Silverstein say WHO he talked to?

You can find a video on youtube of a truther asking him this very question at a public forum, and he refused to answer the question. Why would he say he spoke to the commander and then refuse to give a name if he had nothing to hide?

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by PplVSNWO

Tell me PPL....

What does the FDNY has to do with demolishing buildings?

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ThroatYogurt

Absolutly nothing, that's why I don't believe Larry talked to a Fire commander about it. I think he slipped up while trying to explain how the building fell without being hit by planes and accidently divulged what really happened.
If you spend enough time with people planning for an event like this, it's easy for me to see how you could start to use their language ie "pull it".

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Did anyone ever consider the fact that WTc7 had to be demolished?

We cant have civilian firemen walking around golbally sensitive and top secret information in the name of fire fighting.

I recall hearing planners after the 93 wtc bombing that something has to be implemented to protect not only the towers but the surrounding buildings from a catastrophic collapse. It would be pudent to have the towers rigged for a 'just in case' moment say after a failed truck bombing or massive uncontrolled fire. The building was designed for controlled demo.

Remember that the wtc was called the Rockefeller towers before.

[edit on 16-7-2008 by IvanZana]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Wow, I may have to rethink my position if that guy threw in the towel!

That guy fights less like Roberto Duran and more like Duran Duran.

Peoples' minds are already made up, none of this matters anymore. Those who didn't choose the right side have a great cosmic justice coming their way, of that I have no doubt.

See you on the other side...........or not.

Peace

Its just around the corner.

The truth is like a river. These dubunkers are like sticks in the mud. They will not stop the river but they hope to snag unsuspecting debris.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilAxis
Starred Grambler - the thread's hardly worthy of such a thoughtfully composed response.

But here you are, in the thread all of you claim doesn't matter, with nothing to talk about on page seven....eight now?

The fact that you feel compelled to come in here and parrot the other truthers in proclaiming "Nothing to see here, move along" lets everyone know there is in fact a lot to be gleaned here.

Again, very little was actually said in the OP. You guys have read a tremendous amount into the origonal post.

What you, and most like you, fail to realize as you make your proclamations about the post is this:

the post isn't the subject matter: YOU ARE

[edit on 16-7-2008 by SlightlyAbovePar]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join