It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else finding themselves drawn into groups of like-minded people?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
First off let me say hello to everyone! I just discovered ATS about 3months ago and just recently became a member. I love this site! Nuff said.

Ok. I have always thought of myself as a very open minded person and a believer in things far from the norm. However within the last few months especially I find myself almost obsessed with subjects related to ufo/aliens, paranormal, government conspiracies etc. Ive always had a strong interest in these topics however as of late its all I can think and talk about. At work Ive started my own little special interest group and now thats all my co-workers talk about as well. Ive also found that more and more through seemingly random coincidences I am coming into contact with people who think a lot like I do and are also interested in these topics. Ive found myself somehow having conversations that are way out there with people I would never have guessed even cared or put any stock into them.

As time goes by some of my closest friends and family respond to my ideas and "rants" with statements like, "Wow! You should really speak out!" This instills in me almost a sense of purpose as I feel that I am on the right track or at least asking the right questions and saying things that really open the eyes and minds of people around me. I wonder if its me generating this "phenomenon" or is it a mass spread shift in collective consciousness? I know most people at some point or another feel that they are "here for a reason", well, Im no exception. But is it wrong to feel that way? Is it the ego or is it quite possible that we are all here for a reason and just need to find the right path for ourselves and walk it? If so I feel very motivated to just tell everyone I meet that, "Hey ufo's are real!" or "I really think there is something fishy with the official 9/11 story!" Maybe I am serving my purpose by trying to wake people up to the world around them, and not so much convince them, but at least get them to start asking their own questions and doing their own research. I think if everyone just took some time to look a little deeper at the state of the world and its inhabitants they would realize that all is not what it appears to be, and what is, is pretty messed up.

I know my thoughts were a little jumpy and I stray a little off topic, forgive me please, this is my first post!

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I was totally surprised to meet this person in real life that knew what I was talking about, and could intelligently converse on ct's, 2012, and all kinds of alternative topics. I do not believe in coincidence, I believe in synchronicity. I am finding more people, one at a time, who are thinking more like me, and not as mainstream anymore. How cool is this?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Yeah! What really got me thinking about this happened today. I had to work all by myself at the office today and friend of mine whom I have only hung out with once outside of work called me up and asked what I was doing. I told him working...lonely. And he came over to keep me company for a minute. That minute turned into about 8 hours while we combed the web looking at all kinds of things and discussing very similar ideas and theories in depth. I actually turned him on to ATS and on my way home about an hour ago i thought I should write about this very intriguing day I had.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldSoulOpenMind
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Yeah! What really got me thinking about this happened today. I had to work all by myself at the office today and friend of mine whom I have only hung out with once outside of work called me up and asked what I was doing. I told him working...lonely. And he came over to keep me company for a minute. That minute turned into about 8 hours while we combed the web looking at all kinds of things and discussing very similar ideas and theories in depth. I actually turned him on to ATS and on my way home about an hour ago i thought I should write about this very intriguing day I had.
you "had to work at the office" by yourself.........wow arent you lucky, be there all by yourself trusted to do your job( whatever that is) and you end up showing your friend ats....do you have any proof of this? im kidding around here as im just looking to fit in
.....actually i think fitting in has always been the thing that mankind has been searching for.....wouldnt you agree?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
My class back in psychology a while ago did and interesting experiment. It was to test the statistical probability of finding interests and key life effecting events in the past between people. The experiment was to find out how easy it is to befriend a strange and build a friend ship based on similar interests and past life experiences. The results surprised me, one out of every two people you could befriend based on having the same interests and similar life history. So, basically is it odd or massive collective conscious shift cause people to find likeminded groups? No it is not. The human ego is a strange thing it always causes a person to think they are unique or alone. The truth is that all our brains work and are hard wired the same way, so in turn it is not rare to find a large amount of similarities in other people. What this concludes is that it is human nature to ask questions about the world around us, it is human’s specialty over every other animal in the animal kingdom. Just my two cents.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Ummm...yeah its called socialization and like-minded people usually become "friends". Its called common interests/thinking and its okay belive me. Some ATS'ers call it being one of the "sheeple". Nothing new or scary about this bro just hang in there!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Hmn I guess I should have been more specific. Ive always been a very socially outgoing person with a large amount of friends. And Im aware of most people being able to find something in common. What I find very odd is the open willingness to discuss what usually gets people laughed at. Or maybe thats just been my experience. I dont know. Ive hardly led a socially sheltered life, Im just noticing that more and more its not such a big deal to believe in ghosts or aliens and govt conspiracies as it used to be. Im happy for one to be surrounded by my ilk!

new topics

top topics

join