It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is McCain so low profile? Is he "special" and hiding it?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Republican master strategists after viewing tapes of McCain's lackluster speeches, have concluded that he is no match for Obama in the public eye. Their delima here is... "How fast can we get him off mic & off camera and still make a connection with voters??"

Don't get me wrong... I'm not saying he's not a nice guy, with a fine millitary track record... I'm saying he's a PR nightmare. How do you sell the American people a used car with years of 'torture' damage on the odometer

America is an extremely visual culture... where youth, charisma, some form of manliness and plain old good looks are the order of the day... don't ever get it twisted people.

Now some would say... "In politics, it doesn't matter if you look like Howdy Doody with a smile that spastically leaps from knowhere." But the team owners (republican party) realize... to put McCain in the ring with a smooth, confident motivator like Obama will only cast a cloud of doom over their war hungry party elect.

Their strat is... wait until the last minute to bring him forward for one final "curtain call." Hoping to have built up enough negative propaganda within the sheep to BLIND them from McCains obvious short comings.

The "special" thing you are refering to maybe McCain emerging from his hiding place on the republican short yellow bus.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by Level X]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
McCain's basically a decent guy IMO, but he's no threat to Obama in a charm contest.

And the policies he proposes are basically a minor variation on those we've been dealing with since Bush, so that can't be the centerpiece of his campaign.

Indeed, even the far right views him as a "liberal", so he's barely acceptable to the hardcore element of he GOP base.

So they have very little choice: the only chance the right has to keep the White House for another four years is do what they've been doing: trying to keep Obama's negatives high.

The GOP hate machine knows it can't get you excited about supporting McCain because of his massive charisma, or his positions on the issues.

But they can do their best to sow FUD about Obama to keep people frightened of him

Thus we see a huge but unacknowledged campaign aimed at convincing us that Obama is a stealth Muslim, a stealth Marxist, a Black Power militant, etc etc...

You'll notice most of these guys won't even come out and say who they support, or what they support, they just attack Obama. Relentlessly - these smear campaigns are only effective if they're repeated often enough and stridently enough to drown out the debunkers.

[edit on 7/15/08 by xmotex]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   

McCain's basically a decent guy IMO, but he's no threat to Obama in a charm contest.

Here we go with the patronizing, in preparation for the coming hyperbole.

Indeed, even the far right views him as a "liberal", so he's barely acceptable to the hardcore element of he GOP base.

Fortunatly, we have facts to back that up.

nj.nationaljournal.com...

Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., was the most liberal senator in 2007, according to National Journal's 27th annual vote ratings. The insurgent presidential candidate shifted further to the left last year in the run-up to the primaries, after ranking as the 16th- and 10th-most-liberal during his first two years in the Senate.

The GOP hate machine knows it can't get you excited about supporting McCain because of his massive charisma, or his positions on the issues.

Oh, here comes the hyperbole.

Thus we see a huge but unacknowledged campaign aimed at convincing us that Obama is a stealth Muslim, a stealth Marxist, a Black Power militant, etc etc...

I consider myself a pretty right wing guy and I post on a lot of military forums. Nobody I know, with any credibility believes Obama is a Muslim. In fact, I've not seen any evidence of the "campaign" you describe. I personally think its another case of democrats/left wingers, warping reality to fit their personal view of the world around them. There isn't a single right wing leader that is pushing that idea! Its a complete red herring.

You'll notice most of these guys won't even come out and say who they support, or what they support, they just attack Obama. Relentlessly - these smear campaigns are only effective if they're repeated often enough and stridently enough to drown out the debunkers.

Out of lack of a btter choice, I support Mccain. I support:

- Follow through in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Whatever security is needed to save American lives from terrorism.
- Less government spending and influence in people's lives.
- Offshore and Alaskan oil drilling along with exploration and conservation.

Stop labeling any criticism of Obama "smear attacks". Its whiny and doesn't make your candidate look good. Its also insulting.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Originally posted by xmotex

Exactly! If you look past the obvious... you will get a clear picture of what the GOP is trying to manipulate. Unfortunately for them, their star quarterback is a visual & vocal embarrassment in the game.

Then the name calling starts to divert our attention and paint Obama as a traitor. This tactic would work in the days before the internet, but now people have a view from all sides, and for Obama, it's looking good.

McCain always seems like he's trembling in his shoes... a robot programed. Maybe this is why he was a captured prisoner of war??

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Fortunatly, we have facts to back that up.

Err, I was talking about McCain

The far right views McCain as a "liberal" - they view Obama as the next worst thing to Mao

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join