It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is McCain so low profile? Is he "special" and hiding it?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Okay so Obama is all over the place these days. All over the political shows, all over the daytime talk shows, all over period.

Its Obama that keeps turning down invitations to debates with McCain.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

A coalition of military groups is planning a nationally televised town-hall-style meeting with the presidential candidates near Fort Hood, Tex., the largest active-duty military installation in the country. But so far, only Senator John McCain of Arizona, the presumptive Republican nominee, has agreed to attend.

www.nationalledger.com...

Barack Obama Gaffes: Backs Down From John McCain Challenge
By Mike Bates
Jun 18, 2008

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
Okay so Obama is all over the place these days. All over the political shows, all over the daytime talk shows, all over period.

Yet McCain isn't. Why is that? Is there a reason he is avoids public appearances? Do his keepers discourage it? He IS a presidential candidate so even if Obama is the golden boy of the hour, if McCain wanted time on high profile shows one could be sure he would get the time. The media may prefer Obama but that is NOT the reason we see so little of McCain.

No, the real reson is that he is ashamed of his party as any man who has suffered as he would. He knows the Republican brand is broke(n) and he does not want to agitate anyone into taking him seriously.

I am beginning to think the man is maybe more of a loose cannon than he appears, and that is why his keepers want to maintain a low profile. For the record I am not an Obama fan at ALL, but it just seems like McCain's lack of public airtime is becoming quite noticeable.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Nope, but he will make an effort at some point, but has little to shout about......

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
You obama people are to funny,you cant see the truth for your hatred of Bush.
McCain doesent need to waste money on being noticed when obama is doing himself in on his own.McCain has almost pulled even in the major polls by just letting obama make a fool of himself,now you have the New Yorker cover.
I can't belive this is all a great country like America has to offer for prez.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
whats wrong with hating bush? he is the worst president in the history of our country. I know there are other presidents that got some pretty bad raps but bush takes the cake.

You really think they have some smoking gun on Obama. or do you think they are just having a hard time debating his policies.

They have more on Obama than they do on the Clintons? someone they've been investigating and trying to ruin for the last 16 years. they wanted hillary in because they thought they could fight her. they don't know what to make of obama. their dirty tricks that usually work don't stick to him.

McCain is keeping his head down because he really has nothing to say and he knows he'd be exposed as the incompetent fool he is.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

whats wrong with hating bush? he is the worst president in the history of our country.

Based on what measure?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Well, it's horribly obvious why Obama gets more airtime than McCain. Obama is the man that the elites want in office. He's a puppet just like Bush is, only with a different face. Who do you think the ignorant public is gonna vote for when you have Obama on Cnn 24/7. You get his name and face out there enough and it'll stick--Oldest trick in the book. Although McCain is gonna have his strings pulled too. I mean if you're the Dem or Rep nominee heaven forbid you're the candidate that's actually the best qualified for the job. Those guys are just put there to follow through on the bigger agenda. Isn't it funny that once a president get's the office, you can't even remember what party he was from?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
This is why...

www.youtube.com...

He stumbles over his words worse than Bush. Joe Lieberman has to correct McCain's media mistakes on camera.

He's caught in all sorts of major interview mistakes by the media. I'm surprised McCain still remembers his own name.

www.brasschecktv.com...

He's unreliable and just a "place holder" while the Dems get ready to take their turn, nothing more.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Ceara

It just hurts watching McCain stumble over his words. Watching that vid just hurts. lol

The debate thing was great...."Who said that? Not me"

UHH..No You said that Senator McCain.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ceara
He stumbles over his words worse than Bush. Joe Lieberman has to correct McCain's media mistakes on camera.

He's caught in all sorts of major interview mistakes by the media. I'm surprised McCain still remembers his own name.

I know videos are sliced and edited and all that but yeah, it seems something is very wrong there. He does seem worse than Bush; Bush is not a good speaker and just repeats whatever his handlers tell him, but at least Bush has some CLUE what his story is supposed to be.

McCain honestly seems very confused. I didn't watch the Republican primaries, but lately the very few times he speaks it just seems like something is wrong.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
So now its Mccains fault that virtually every dmanned reporter and pundit is a swooning sychophant of the Obamessiah?

You dont see Mcain reported on as often, because all good journalists are liberals, and all good liberals love the Great O.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Hey Atlanta Sonya...How are yeah?

Yeah....McCain does seem to have stepped of the edge of the pool and forgotten how to swim!

I mean, if I was a drug company, considering what Senator Bod Dole did for ED, (he was a repup. against Bill Clinton), maybe Senator McCain can do the same for alziehmers! (spellinglol)
Just a joke!

Yea, so I am voting McCain!

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Obama is all talk, and no experience, all promises, all no follow thru, all lies and all corruption in prelude. Negoiating a disaster, do you think his cabinet will protect him, they will sell him down the river, cause that's politics...

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

He knows he is going to win. Obama is a "dreamer" or a idiot. The media is in love with da man from IL. However the rest of America is cooling to the idea of Obama as POTUS. Recent polls for what that is worth say he is trailing the old man by 15-20 points. That spells out a Mondale whipping this early in the cycle..IMHO

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Yeah, its just McCain...

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

I'm not going to argue that McCain is likely to win this election. If the election were held today, I'd give Obama probably a 65% chance of winning. A lot can change between now and November, especially with the polls this close, but unless McCain starts polling consistently over 45%, its Obama's election to lose.

That said, if Obama continues to struggle as he has the last month or so, he may very well end up losing. I think his campaign peaked a few months ago and the question now is whether he can hang onto a slim lead in the face of increasing adversity and scrutiny by the public and the media.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
McCain does make his share of gaffes, but so does Obama. He criticizes American for speaking only one language, yet he apparently doesn't know his geography very well, or where he is half of the time..

[edit on 7/15/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Obama apparently doesn't know what a Joint Chiefs of staff does.

BARACK OBAMA: I'm going to call in the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and give them a new mission, and that is to bring the war in Iraq to a close. We are going to get out.

Too bad JCS cant do that.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

You answered your own question. Everyone knows everything about McCain. He's as old as dirt and his career is almost as old. However, Obama is an unknown person with almost no public career and therefore he is new and much more interesting. People are discussing him and exploring who he is instead of McCain. It's just natural.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Obama is a relatively new face in politics, and there really isn't too much information available regarding his past. I did find this article which tells a little about his past live though. It's pretty interesting.

The conventional wisdom about Barack Obama is that he’s smart and charismatic but so inexperienced that we should feel jittery about him in the Oval Office.

But that view is myopic. In some respects, Mr. Obama is far more experienced than other presidential candidates.

His experience as an antipoverty organizer in Chicago, for example, gives him a deep grasp of a crucial 21st-century challenge — poverty in America — that almost all politicians lack. He says that grass-roots experience helps explain why he favors not only government spending programs, like early childhood education, but also cultural initiatives, like efforts to promote responsible fatherhood.

In foreign policy as well, Mr. Obama would bring to the White House an important experience that most other candidates lack: he has actually lived abroad. He spent four years as a child in Indonesia and attended schools in the Indonesian language, which he still speaks.

“I was a little Jakarta street kid,” he said in a wide-ranging interview in his office (excerpts are on my blog, www.nytimes.com/ontheground). He once got in trouble for making faces during Koran study classes in his elementary school, but a president is less likely to stereotype Muslims as fanatics — and more likely to be aware of their nationalism — if he once studied the Koran with them.

Mr. Obama recalled the opening lines of the Arabic call to prayer, reciting them with a first-rate accent. In a remark that seemed delightfully uncalculated (it’ll give Alabama voters heart attacks), Mr. Obama described the call to prayer as “one of the prettiest sounds on Earth at sunset.”

Source

[edit on 7/15/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I don't know I still picture McCain being more like a monster with a short temper. I picture him as one of those head in a jar like in futurama being attached to this horrible half robot half half octopus like machine with claws at the end of each tentaicle, and the secret service feeding him little children to eat. the whole time he's screaming. I am McCain 3.0!!!! More!!!! More! I need to feed. The blood of innocent children brings me POWER!!!!!Ha HA hA.

Then McCain wakes up after falling asleep for the third time in one day on the job in the oval office. half dried drool pasting his cheek to the oval office desk as he bolts awake.

The secret service asking him if everything was OK cause he was having one of those dreams again.

sorry but mccain is a tool.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join