It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would it be wrong to like something that's not a human?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I see nothing wrong with it but I would be careful with it. Though a person cannot 100% trust any other human being it is dangerous to keep deep secrets written down. I am not saying not to write them down, but if your journal is found by someone then what do you do?

Personally I find the best secret is to not have secrets. I mean why does a person keep secrets anyway? Is it something that bad, or horrible that one can't talk about it? Sure there are things we would all like to keep to ourselves, things we would not chatter about over coffee. I believe this is part of the problem with people though.

I keep journals as well, and they are helpful to do and have. I sometimes, but not often, go through them to learn more about myself. But would I be scared if they got out? No is the answer to this question. If I am hiding things from people then I must look at why I am hiding these things. Are they immoral, unethical, sinful ?

Honesty is not an easy thing to express. Especially when being honest often requires one to have formed some kind of judgement of a situation or person. Those of us who are really honest do not often have many friends... that is how you can tell if a person is really honest (sad but true usually).

Also you didn't say how old you are. This could be an important fact involved in your journal writing. What you see one way at 20 will probably be different at 40 or 60. As a person matures in age the way they see things changes dramatically. I am wondering if something that seems horrible has happened to you, making it so you don't want to trust others. What is horrible today will probably be seen different in 10 or 20 years.

Good luck with whatever is going on and enjoy your writing. I hope it goes well for you and that it is a tremendous benefit for you.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Matt Damons not human and people like him.

<< 1   >>

join