It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would it be wrong to like something that's not a human?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I'm not sure where to post this thread. I'm just wondering, say, I like my diary, which is not a human, and I disclose a lot more information to my diary than to anyone I know. Would that be considered immoral of me judged by standards today?

[edit on 13-7-2008 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I think your diary, like many pets, is a great medium to confide to.
The moralistic issue really only rears it´s head when get ´amorous´ with your diary (or even worse, your pets).

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
In my opinion.
Short answer: no.

Slightly longer answer.

Your diary isn't aware (the old "cogito ergo sum" i suppose), so you're not disclosing any information to anyone except yourself.

Using a diary as a tool to get your feelings out in the open is a healthy way of dealing with your emotions. And can help you to deal with some rough times and get you trough whatever your struggling with. (I'm not saying you are.. but a diary is often used this way.)

You probably like your diary because it gives you the means to discuss and evaluate your thought and emotions, without disclosing any secrets or private emotions to other people.

So i can't possibly see how this would be considered immoral.. even by todays standards

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
If by "like" you mean in the biblical sense then yes, it is very very wrong.

The "liking" of anything but an opposite sex adult is very uncool!

You should consider flagellating to perform ablutions and pennance for your sins.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I would bang an alien if they exist. So i guess its cool...

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
If the aliens look like Vala from SG1 than I say its OK

If they look like jabba the hut...well to eat their own.

Heck i'll even do a cute android or cyborge like Mitoko from Ghost in the shell.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I would have to say that it is not wrong to like something that is not human.

To love something in the true sence of the word, would be wrong in my eyes.

To have a sexual relationship with something that is not human would be very wrong and not a place you should go.
Unless... unless it was another intelligent sentient being, that felt the same way. But I'm not sure about that either.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
dammit. double post.

Sorry

[edit on 13-7-2008 by cadric]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

Romulan or a vulcan...maybe an andoran and I'm set.

to the OP,no , I don't think it's immoral.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I like Journals. I don't however masterbate with them. I have a precondition sense that some day I might want to write something down, however my journals stay empty. What ever eye have to say i say. This gives me the truest understanding to what it means to be Emancipated, because I am not a slave to having to hide anything.

If you feel ashamed by what you have to say, maybe you need to rethink it or just reject it. That includes masterbatory actions, be it mental, emotional or phyical, with journals rather then real Beautiful Ones.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

what??? are you serious? this is the "high quality content" that we are seeing on ATS nowadays?

Do what you want with your diary. Just don't tell anyone else.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Id do the romulan. I bet they have a naughty primal side to them. also can a romulan neck pinch (I know vulcans do that) work in reverse polarity. ie instead of knocking you out bring pleasure. oh wait we already have a term for doing that with ones hands.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
I'm not sure where to post this thread. I'm just wondering, say, I like my diary, which is not a human, and I disclose a lot more information to my diary than to anyone I know. Would that be considered immoral of me judged by standards today?

[edit on 13-7-2008 by Frankidealist35]

You might be interested in this. It could explain why you feel the way you do about a diary. It is a medical condition.

Woman married Berlin wall

A woman with a bizarre fetish for inaninimate objects has revealed she has been married to the Berlin Wall for 29 years.
Eija-Riitta Berliner-Mauer, 54, whose surname means Berlin Wall in German, wed the concrete structure in 1979 after being diagnosed with a condition called Objectum-Sexuality.

Mrs Berliner-Mauer, whose fetish is said to have its roots in childhood, claimed she fell in love with the structure when she first saw it on television when she was seven.

She began collecting "his" pictures and saving up for visits. On her sixth trip in 1979 they tied the knot before a handful of guests.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
There are countless stories about this kind of stuff. The guy who had sex with his picnic table. The guy who has sex with cars. The world is full of crazies.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Psychopump

I agree, Plus I like my cat and she like me. I wish my Fluffy would like Joey my best friends cat. They hiss and fight!

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
It certainly didn't take much effort for this thread to go south.
All the OP stated was that he liked his diary.
Never said he was having sex with it..
My gosh.
One track minds there fellas.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I'm not talking about making love to my diary. I'm just curious if people would consider it immoral that I feel more comfortable in discussing what I think with my diary (as in writing stuff down) than I feel when I talk to another person. I just feel more comfortable writing stuff down in my diary more than I do with talking to another person because I feel like some people are so unpredictable and I don't want to say anything to offend them. So when I write something down in my diary I feel comfortable doing that because I know that it won't yell at me back. While I may have to be forced to read what I wrote at one particular time I just feel better knowing that I got whatever it was that was bothering me out of my system, or, I would just feel really good to have written down what I think about some topic or issue relevant to my life, and I can write as much as I want about other people in my diary without getting in trouble for talking about people in real life.

I also like how I don't need to censor myself when I write in my diary. Even when I am confident around some people and I need to tell them what's on my mind I still have to change what I want to say when I say what I have to say to them because different people understand things differently than I do and I need to speak in a way they'd understand. But when I write in my diary I can write as much as I want without censoring myself in any way or form and I won't need to care about offending anyone with what I write.

So it's not immoral for me to feel more comfortable with writing (telling) my diary more information about myself than I would to any human being?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I think it's fine that you feel more comfortable writing it down than discussing it. You are not alone. I have a journal that has my most heartfelt words in it, that I would never disclose to anyone, even those I love the most.
It doesn't always have to be that way though. It's ok to share some thoughts with others. But I don't think there is a single person on earth that shares everything.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyberbian
If by "like" you mean in the biblical sense then yes, it is very very wrong.

I agree with this line.

Liking something that isn't human is okay, but LIKING something that isn't human is not.

Reminds me of a line from some old movie or TV show: "It's okay to love your pets, it's just not okay to love your pets."

[edit on 13-7-2008 by TheHypnoToad]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

No there is nothing wrong with you or the fact you feel more open discussing things with your diary. Did you really think there was something wrong with you? You are like many people who don't feel comfortable confiding in other people. An inanimate object cannot betray your trust and will not judge you.

On another note, ther are people who have object fetishes, most of the time in conjunction with Aspergers. Here is a lady who married the Eiffel Tower:
Woman Marries Eiffel Tower

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join