It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black-Holes are now racist

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Ok, its looking like I just post race stuff. It just so happens that lots of racial issues are coming to light.

Take for example this incident, where a white commissioner described money problems as "a black hole", to which a black commissioner replied "why not call it a white hole". At this point, the black judge demands an apology from the white guy! I kid you not!

Dallas News posted:

Dallas County officials spar over 'black hole' comment
5:34 PM Mon, Jul 07, 2008

A special meeting about Dallas County traffic tickets turned tense and bizarre this afternoon.

County commissioners were discussing problems with the central collections office that is used to process traffic ticket payments and handle other paperwork normally done by the JP Courts.

Commissioner Kenneth Mayfield, who is white, said it seemed that central collections "has become a black hole" because paperwork reportedly has become lost in the office.

Commissioner John Wiley Price, who is black, interrupted him with a loud "Excuse me!" He then corrected his colleague, saying the office has become a "white hole."

That prompted Judge Thomas Jones, who is black, to demand an apology from Mayfield for his racially insensitive analogy.

Mayfield shot back that it was a figure of speech and a science term. A black hole, according to Webster's, is perhaps "the invisible remains of a collapsed star, with an intense gravitational field from which neither light nor matter can escape."

Other county officials quickly interceded to break it up and get the meeting back on track. TV news cameras were rolling, after all.

cityhallblog.dallasnews.com...

Mr. Price goes on to say in an interview with the press:

Dallas Observer posted:

"It is typical Mayfield. The problem is in the language. While he tried to lateral to the scientific term of a black hole, our problem is that we understand language, and it's negative and racist. Judge [Thomas] Jones took real offense. We almost simultaneously picked up on what we called the idiom. Can't do that in terms of the language. He could have said 'a sinkhole,' he could have said anything, but it was typical Mayfield style. That is what we expect."

When asked whether he took the term as "a racial pejorative," Price said, Yes.
"Given Mayfield, it just ... you just kind of expect him to have that kind of response. He is racist and doesn’t know it. Maybe he does know it. I haven’t quite figured out whether he knows it or not. I said it immediately: 'Why not a white hole?' And when I said, 'white hole,' Mayfield said, 'OK, then, a pink hole?' That is when Jones said he wasn’t going to sit here, he wanted an apology, they began to carry the discussion that way. I said, 'It’s a white hole and let's move it on.'"

blogs.dallasobserver.com...

To add insult to injury, they decided that the white guy is a racist and continued calling it a" white hole". What the # is going on in this country?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Either Price himself is the racist one for assuming that Mayfield was making a racist statement by using the word "black" while under the influence of being white, or Price was too stubborn to admit that he doesn't know what a black hole is.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
We are becoming a country that cares more about being PC than about the actions that we take. Who cares about people starving in the streets and dieing of treatable illnesses, when there's so many people out there using racist language. It's just stupidity unfortunately. Words are just words, actions are the only things that matter in life, imo. Personally, I don't find any language offensive, but it's not like the guy said they were n-word holes or something. Just another case of why PC thought is ultimately pointless, it just sets up a more "acceptable" array of vocabulary, but doesn't attack the roots of racism. Peace.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
that settles it as a white person im taking the word black out of my vocabulary..

does anyone have any suggestions on what word i can use to replace the word *snip* with?

im serious. i want to do my part as a white person to make this world a better place..

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Coming soon to an astronomy class near you.. written on a slightly darker shade of greyboard..

Burnt out stars will form a Native-American Indian very tall person before collapsing into a Caucasian, vertically challenged gentleman.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Here are a couple pictures of Price. Looks like a guy who likes attention.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

never mind you got it...

sorry

[edit on 15pmu82007 by DaleGribble]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
This is too funny to be true! What is a white hole anyway?

I guess every major city has one of these bozos representing.

Reminds me of one of our EX city representaives. In Lafayette, LA a city that currently has a MLK Drive, well one wasn't good enough, he wanted ANOTHER street named for MLK. 2 in the same city! Well the vote failed and this idiot decided to carve Martin Luther King St. on a city council credenza.

The next election came around and he was promptly defeated. Don't worry about him though. The local University gave him a teaching job. Go figure?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaleGribble

never mind you got it...

sorry

[edit on 15pmu82007 by DaleGribble]

Do you have stairs in your house?

Ironically, its the flip side of a black hole, that spews radiation and particles in to another universe. So, unless they have money spewing in to their coffers, I'm not sure hows it applies.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   

no stairs.

i dont get it. maybe im solw..

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

I think that is the other end of a Black Hole, where the matter gets shot out, so it wouldn't make as much sense to say White Hole, just more PC friendly for our sensitive ears.

(edited for spelling)
(edited again to say: My bad, already pointed out.)

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Curious_Agnostic]

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Curious_Agnostic]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaleGribble

no stairs.

i dont get it. maybe im solw..

Never mind than.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
this is a joke
these guys are supposed to be studied men of the law and can not understand the idiom/cliche of terming a losing enterprise as a black hole!?
an entity so massive light nor mass and hence money cannot escape it-
the absence of light is black
cripes these guys should be put on suspension for perverting the law and language...
ha ha ha

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
This is either a case of racial agitation or outright stupidity and probably it's a matter of both.

This matter would be funny, but people have had their careers tainted for using the word niggardly in the proper context.

www.google.com...

We have all bent over backward for Black racists and the abuse will continue until we collectively stand up and turn around.

Look at what Jesse Jackson is doing to Obama and the language he used. He's getting some heat, but do you think his shakedown industry will be in trouble?

Look at Reverend Wright and the profane language he used in the pulpit, not to mention his flagrant racism. He retired into the lap of luxury and I think that just for spite he's active again in his ministry.

Of course, white liberals and the liberal media encourage this behavior, so there really isn't much hope.

The kids are beginning to believe the racial divide and conquer rhetoric, so in a generation or so, you can expect a nation in which nothing of substance can be said by anyone without his words being drowned out by a chorus of nincompoops.

[edit on 2008/7/9 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
The cost of an education, hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Ignorance, priceless!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
This is either a case of racial agitation or outright stupidity and probably it's a matter of both.

This matter would be funny, but people have had their careers tainted for using the word niggardly in the proper context.

www.google.com...

[edit on 2008/7/9 by GradyPhilpott]

Niggardly means miserly or cheep, and comes from a completely different origin than the racial word which is similar.

You could provoke a riot using that word, but is demonstrably unrelated to racism in it's roots and origin, and a legitimate word. Which is not to say that you cannot cross the barrier and use it to provoke in a racist way.

I would say it's only good use would be to bait an opponent into calling you on it like a game of scrabble, only to have the attack repelled.
You could still loose the judgement of the audience if you did not play it masterfully enough. My call is if he lost the audience call, he rolled the dice and lost from his own handling. Point goes to the offended, fair enough.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Cyberbian]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
A couple of grown men act like fools and you guys seem to think it is the end of civilization.

Sure it's ridiculous, and indicative probably of racial tensions at the central collections office or at the very least over sensitivities, but ultimately who cares?

Is this one confused mans perspective something to be overly alarmed about? I have no idea who these people are and I doubt their opinions will have any impact on my life whatsoever.

Whether these guys call it a black hole or a white hole, I think I'll live and still have to pay taxes.

- Lee

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
one of the best ways to destroy a society is

to make free speech restricted

and turn truth tellers into racists

by convincing people that telling the truth is hatred

and by stopping people from hating we'll somehow have a better world.

what a complete croc of utter nonsense!!!

so, I guess that folks who love this type of speech also hate God..[ the origin of this restricted speech is satanic ]

because God did not want His people, to mix.

In case you guys missed it, it happened in the garden, when eve had sex with satan and produced cain.

it's IN THE BLOOD! That's why God didn't want folks mixing, he didn't want the taint of satan to poison His children.

altho anyone who sincerely repents can be saved, mixed blood or not.

So, what am I saying? I'm saying that those who play along with this

controlled speech, in order to be politically correct,

are playing right into the hands of the enemy by undermining our Constitution.

congratulations...

[edit on 9-7-2008 by toasted]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by toasted

In case you guys missed it, it happened in the garden, when eve had sex with satan and produced cain.

it's IN THE BLOOD! That's why God didn't want folks mixing, he didn't want the taint of satan to poison His children.

what bible do you read?

cause my king james virson says nothing about satin and eve making whoopie..

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
This whole incident sort of reminds me of a scene in the movie, "Don't Be A Menace To South Central While Drinking Your Juice In The Hood".

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join