It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Iraq War Was About Oil, All Along

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
The Iraq War Was About Oil, All Along

BILL MOYERS JOURNAL | Bill Moyers on Big Oil | PBS
www.alternet.org...

Oh, no, they told us, Iraq isn't a war about oil. That's cynical and simplistic, they said. It's about terror and al-Qaeda and toppling a dictator and spreading democracy and protecting ourselves from weapons of mass destruction. But one by one, these concocted rationales went up in smoke, fire and ashes. And now the bottom line turns out to be ... the bottom line. It is about oil..

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Well nothing new here, and I know i don't need to point out the obvious but here's another one we can add to the list of already growing evidence piling up against a brutal bush regime his dictatorship

The real question, once more people realize the truth, what are we going to do about it? Most of you seem more concerned about the price of oil. While I don't like the higher prices at the pump, what really has me seeing red is the MASS MURDER of innocent people for profit!

And this is no longer the Bush administration by itself. Congress is flipping us all the bird, and their actions could be absolutely devastating to an already troubled nation and world. We have got to reign these out-of-control greed-mongers in very quickly, or the consequences will be grave for us all I fear...

Thank god for honest journalism.

(click the links below for video version of the article)
BILL MOYERS JOURNAL | Bill Moyers on Big Oil | PBS

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by JOINTHERESISTANCE

And this is no longer the Bush administration by itself. Congress is flipping us all the bird,

It never was only about Bush. Bush was simply completing an action that was a decade in the making.

As far as the war being about oil, I just have to disagree. Everyone of the reasons given in the article are reasons why we went to war. He forgot faltering sanctions, constant combat in the no fly zone, 500 tons of yellow cake, terrorist connections, ect... There were countless reasons to go in to Iraq and if you think its oil, than just go down to the gas station.

If you think the journalism on Iraq is truthful, than you've been led astray. As a student of journalism, I'm disgusted by the coverage and lies that have been cultivated.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by Dronetek]

new topics

join