It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the British God's chosen people?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Knights

C'm on you Whites!

Yeah but really we have been amazingly lucky throughout our history, especially against the French and Germans.

Gazbom.

[edit on 7-7-2008 by gazbom56]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by gazbom56

Got my membership, i'm all set!

They can keep 'Green Street', i'll stick to 'Football factory'!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shazam The Unbowed
Dont you think that gods chosen people would have better teeth? or edible cuisine? Or at least a few of the freedoms we enjoy here in ther states? Or interntaional pull that doesnt depend on being the 51st state? Just a few thoughts.

Not that i agree with the brits or anything but that is a very stereotypically stupid american ideological thing to say.

freedoms!!....?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I'd just like to point out the irony:

1) A previous poster was slammed for being 'stereotypically American'.
2) A thread speculating about divine Manifest Destiny of the British Empire has degenerated into a football-club cheer-fest.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Sounds like this morbidly obese, god-fearing, mcdonalds chomping, idiot is jealous of blighty eh?

Sorry sonny jim, wrong on all counts. 6'6 210 lbs. Capitalist not christian, I prefer checkers and wendys to Mcdonalds, and having been to england on numerous occasions can only say I would genuinely feel sorry for you lot if you hadnt done it to yourselves.

Now go back to shooting a defenceless animal or go bomb a hospital yankie boy.

Defensless? Never seen a feral pig, wild boar, or grizzly bear have ya? Oh thats right the most dangerous animal in the UK is the killer bunny.

Silly yanks with their silly stereotypes eh?

Oh yeah, like the one about the guy who had to pull his own tooth out ofter waiting years, or actually eating english "cuisine" in some of londons finer restaurants.
Oh wait, those arent stereotypes.

51st state indeed. No thanks mate, we'll leave your sinking ship to yourself... Can fat people float? I sure hope so.

Remeber, a Dhimmi must always pass to the left, and may never wear shoes. The rules will become very imrtant in the coming years.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Of course we are Gods Chosen ones. Just look at my Signature below.

Everyone reveres us. Even the 'mighty' US Navy has to bow its ensign first to the White Ensign as do ALL other Navies of the World.

The British more than any other nation has made the biggest impact on the world in modern times.

I would rather be dead, than a foreigner.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wotan

Everyone reveres us. Even the 'mighty' US Navy has to bow its ensign first to the White Ensign as do ALL other Navies of the World.

The British more than any other nation has made the biggest impact on the world in modern times.

Tell that to the Iranians. They didnt seem to respect your naval prowess all that much when they captured your soldiers while in sight of other british Naval vessels.
The british were once a very influential people. They chose to give up that influence.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Shazam The Unbowed

We gave up our Empire in the name of democracy.

Your Mr Bush is destroying the world in the name of democracy.

Surely we did the fair and just deed!

Gazbom.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by gazbom56

We gave up our Empire in the name of democracy.

Your Mr Bush is destroying the world in the name of democracy.

Gave up? I think you mean "lost".
As to destroying the world. I disagree.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Of course we are Gods Chosen ones.

Everyone reveres us.

Its good to be nationalist and proud of your roots but you are delusional.

True, Britain was a major influence in the development of the world during the industrial revolution... but revered? No. The death toll and atrocities that the british empire are accountable for easily match those of Hitler and the Vatican and completely overshadows that of the US ten fold.

They dont teach you this stuff in England for obvious reasons, but it is taught in other countries.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Ok, lets see if I can get back to the topic. I have to use the Bible to get to my point so don't slam me too hard. There are gaps in the Bible where no mention of Jesus or his late childhood or early manhood are mentioned. In Old English texts as well as French histories there is mention that Joseph of Aremetia and Jesus traveled to the island to what was then England, Ireland and Scotland to bring them christianity.( Not sure about Wales)!! In these various works, There is mention that both Joseph and Jesus tells the peoples of the island that they are the people who left to wander after the exodus of Egypt. Now how true these texts are remain a conundrum, but many scholars believe it is true referance to lost tribes of Israel. Foe me I'm not sure. I just found the referances interesting.

Zindo

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shazam The Unbowed

Tell that to the Iranians. They didnt seem to respect your naval prowess all that much when they captured your soldiers while in sight of other british Naval vessels.
The british were once a very influential people. They chose to give up that influence.

Hmm, I seem to remember an incident whereby the type 42 destroyer HMS Gloucester saved the Battleship USS Missouri's arse when the Iraquis fired a silkworm missile at it during the 1991 Gulf war.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

Please elaborate on what they teach you in Ireland that they don't over here. Im intrigued..

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

When you say the British Empire, in what date period are you reffering to?

And being as you are from Ireland, I would think that you are a little biased.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Yeah your right I have read it too, also the name England derives from Angel land!

Gazbom.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Knights
reply to post by Dermo

Please elaborate on what they teach you in Ireland that they don't over here. Im intrigued..

Im a little rusty but..

Starting around the 1300/1400's- when the English king changed religion, he tried to abolish catholicism in Ireland forcibly, Oliver Cromwell and a large army began to hang, behead and rape anyone who wouldn't convert. Mainly in the North east, East, middle and South East Kingdoms. he succeeded in wiping out around 500,000 people which was just under half the Irish population of the time...because of their religion.
This continued at a much lesser extent for approx 150 years etc..as the English royals changed religions for whatever reasons.
Fast forward to the mid 1700's, 1800's - the slaughter of suspected 'United Irishmen' and their families (i dont have an estimated death toll for this), the removal of all non potato crops for profit during the famine of the 1850's which helped the death toll of that period rise to almost 1,000,000 and emigration of almost 1,000,000
The hanging and murder of thousands of IRB and suspected IRB members in the late 1800's and killing of even more up until 1923.

Its understandable that this wouldn't be taught in English schools, Our schools don't teach about the IRA and how they achieved their goals for obvious reasons.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo

Originally posted by Knights
reply to post by Dermo

Im a little rusty but..

Starting around the 1300/1400's- when the English king changed religion, he tried to abolish catholicism in Ireland forcibly, Oliver Cromwell and a large army began to hang, behead and rape anyone who wouldn't convert. Mainly in the North east, East, middle and South East Kingdoms. he succeeded in wiping out around 500,000 people which was just under half the Irish population of the time...because of their religion.
This continued at a much lesser extent for approx 150 years etc..as the English royals changed religions for whatever reasons.
Fast forward to the mid 1700's, 1800's - the slaughter of suspected 'United Irishmen' and their families (i dont have an estimated death toll for this), the removal of all non potato crops for profit during the famine of the 1850's which helped the death toll of that period rise to almost 1,000,000 and emigration of almost 1,000,000
The hanging and murder of thousands of IRB and suspected IRB members in the late 1800's and killing of even more up until 1923.

Its understandable that this wouldn't be taught in English schools, Our schools don't teach about the IRA and how they achieved their goals for obvious reasons.

They may not teach this nowadays, but I wouldnt know as I dont have children. But I was certainly taught about what happened in Ireland when I was at school.

You cannot compare the death toll of a nation that has existed for centuries to one (the USA) that has only just come out of its nappies (diapers) - no offence meant by that by the way - just being metaphorical historically speaking.

You cannot compare history of nations when some span many centuries to ones that have only existed a few years.

[edit on 7/7/08 by Wotan]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Shazam The Unbowed

Remember Napoleon. “Fifteen million [Britons] must give way to 40 millions,” Napoleon uttered in frustration. He assembled a massive fleet of transports and an army of 100,000 soldiers at Boulogne. Over 100,000 troops were readied elsewhere. “Let us be masters of the Channel for six hours and we are masters of the world,” he declared. But the date of invasion was delayed by the death of the admiral chosen to lead it, postponing departure just enough so that on Oct. 21, 1805, Nelson gained his astounding naval victory at Trafalgar against staggering odds—utterly shattering Napoleon’s plans for invasion.

“The Force Which Is Above Man”

Remember Waterloo. Author Victor Hugo observed that “the shadow of a mighty right hand is cast over Waterloo; it is the day of destiny, and the force which is above man produced that day.” “If it had not rained the night between the 17th and 18th of June,” noted Hugo, “the future of Europe would have been changed.” A little rain, during a time when rain was not expected, and an empire was overthrown.

Gazbom.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
St. Crispen's Day Speech
William Shakespeare, 1599
Enter the KING
WESTMORELAND. O that we now had here
But one ten thousand of those men in England
That do no work to-day!

KING. What's he that wishes so?
My cousin Westmoreland? No, my fair cousin;
If we are mark'd to die, we are enow
To do our country loss; and if to live,
The fewer men, the greater share of honour.
God's will! I pray thee, wish not one man more.
By Jove, I am not covetous for gold,
Nor care I who doth feed upon my cost;
It yearns me not if men my garments wear;
Such outward things dwell not in my desires.
But if it be a sin to covet honour,
I am the most offending soul alive.
No, faith, my coz, wish not a man from England.
God's peace! I would not lose so great an honour
As one man more methinks would share from me
For the best hope I have. O, do not wish one more!
Rather proclaim it, Westmoreland, through my host,
That he which hath no stomach to this fight,
Let him depart; his passport shall be made,
And crowns for convoy put into his purse;
We would not die in that man's company
That fears his fellowship to die with us.
This day is call'd the feast of Crispian.
He that outlives this day, and comes safe home,
Will stand a tip-toe when this day is nam'd,
And rouse him at the name of Crispian.
He that shall live this day, and see old age,
Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours,
And say 'To-morrow is Saint Crispian.'
Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars,
And say 'These wounds I had on Crispian's day.'
Old men forget; yet all shall be forgot,
But he'll remember, with advantages,
What feats he did that day. Then shall our names,
Familiar in his mouth as household words-
Harry the King, Bedford and Exeter,
Warwick and Talbot, Salisbury and Gloucester-
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
This story shall the good man teach his son;
And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remembered-
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in England now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.
Gazbom.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Yahweh was actually born and raised in a little village called Piddington situated just outside Bicester, in England. That might explain all this. Lucifer/Christ is also currently living in Bristol.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join