It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My family in Up-State NY had a sighting last night (7/5/08)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Today is July 6. I live near Atlanta Georgia along with my mother and father. This morning around 9:30am my father called me and said I should call my grandfather who lives near Altamont NY (near Albany) because he saw a UFO last night along with two of my uncles who were all hanging out at one of my uncle's house in Guilderland NY.

My grandfather had a close encounter with a UFO in 1971. He's a straight shooter. He's a member of the NRA, doesn't drink, and he's a judge. He's the most non-BS type of guy I've ever met to this day. Here is the report I filled for him after gathering notes from him regarding his 1971 encounter which Peter Davenport let me file "for him" because my grandfather isn't that good with computers:

www.nuforc.org...

I called my grandfather and he told me as much as he could. He said it was around 7:30pm last night (7/6). The sun was setting but the sky was still some what lite. One of my uncles Ron pointed out something in the sky. It was high in the sky just above the tall tree line. They said it was larger than a star, more like the size of Venus or another planet when you can see it in the sky. The only thing was this object was moving slowly upward and to the north. Then an object they described as a "rod" which was reddish-brown in color shot directly underneath the original bright glowing object at a very high rate of speed.

They then continued to watch the original object move slowly up higher and higher (sometimes stopped and hovered) before it was out of sight. My uncle Ron got some binoculars. He's the only witness I have yet to speak with but I will shortly (sometime today when he returns my call).

My grandfather is a plane/helicopter expert. He's been a pilot for several decades. He swears this was not a plane, nor a helicopter. I rarely hear my grandfather "giggle" but this sighting so spooked him that he giggled and said "what ever this was it was really weird Eric."

I'm calling the Albany news channels to see if anyone else reported these objects. I will post more details as I get them.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this. I live in Western NY & a family friend called us on the evening of the 5th to say "Can you go outside and take a look towards the big dipper and tell me what you see?" (my husband enjoys "star gazing")

My husband and I both took a look & we saw a number of lights (over a dozen) At first, we thought they were simply bright stars. They were all lined up & a couple were similar to what you grandfather described. (looked like a planet)

They were stationary at first, but then several of them began moving around, increasing in brightness, decreasing in brightness & finally blinking out of sight. (best term I could use to describe it)

My husband said they looked like satellites to him, but he had never seen so many, so close together & it left us both sort of stumped over what it was that we actually saw.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
There was a series of anomolous sightings in NY on the fifth. My wifey was in upstate NY, staying at the Villa Roma Resort. Wifey, her two younger sisters and thier little brother (ages range from 12 to 23) saw a series of odd objects that could not be discounted as fireworks.The objects varied in size and there appeared to be about 15. The youngest of the group said it looked like the laser display at disney.

I just returned from my trip to see my family and of course my mother lives in the nineties and does not have anything more then dial up internet access. Instead of making my own thread I figure why not make this the source for all of this july 5th nonsense.

Now if only I had gone with wifey

Anyway, star and flag for proving wifey wasn't smoking the ganja.

[edit on 6-7-2008 by Tyrlind]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tyrlind
There was a series of anomolous sightings in NY on the fifth. My wifey was in upstate NY, staying at the Villa Roma Resort. Wifey, her two younger sisters and thier little brother (ages range from 12 to 23) saw a series of odd objects that could not be discounted as fireworks.The objects varied in size and there appeared to be about 15. The youngest of the group said it looked like the laser display at disney.

I just returned from my trip to see my family and of course my mother lives in the nineties and does not have anything more then dial up internet access. Instead of making my own thread I figure why not make this the source for all of this july 5th nonsense.

Now if only I had gone with wifey

Anyway, star and flag for proving wifey wasn't smoking the ganja.

[edit on 6-7-2008 by Tyrlind]

Thanks for the laugh on that one.

Anyway, as for it being fireworks, my husband and myself are both licensed pyrotechnicians with over a decade of experience for each of us, & I can say with 100% certainity that what we saw were not fireworks.

With that said, I still am completely stumped as to what they were.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The most mundane explanation would be a coincidence of watching an aircraft or satellite at the same time that a meteor enters in the same visual area.

Given that aircraft sightings, satellite sightings, and meteors happen all the time, occasionally they'll appear to in the same place at the same time.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The second rod shaped object they saw is what interests me the most. They said it shot across directly under the first orb like object.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

Maybe you can go there and find a military base, the watervliet arsenal seems the closest, and have another meeting and talk for 99% of 1 hour and you can school the bigwigs there.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Minnesotawreckingcrew

Maybe you can go there and find a military base, the watervliet arsenal seems the closest, and have another meeting and talk for 99% of 1 hour and you can school the bigwigs there.

Perhaps. Or you could change your eye stabbing avatar and not worry about me...? I've got the FAA looking into this sighting.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality

Originally posted by Minnesotawreckingcrew

Perhaps. Or you could change your eye stabbing avatar and not worry about me...? I've got the FAA looking into this sighting.

Minnesota, in all of her posts, is clearly trying to appear intellectualy superior. Fails everytime, and only make herself look like a tool. Ignore her.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   

And I'm sure their getting right on it.
Besides, you know people!

Also, were you every able to post that copy of a copy of a picture of a reptilian that someone gave you? I'd like to see it.

[edit on 6-7-2008 by Minnesotawreckingcrew]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
This might be of help to anyone, "I'm from the FAA and I'm here to help you"
www.faa.gov...

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 38181

How great is that. Thanks for letting us know that the FAA doesn't even deal with UFO sightings.

I guess they do for some people, apparently.

It kind of reminds us all to get our facts in order before we open our mouths.

Al Pacino once said in Glengarry Glen Ross, "You never open your mouth unless you know what the shot is."

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
HAHA this is hilarious! Just last night at a family reunion we were shooting off fireworks at a cabin. The people next to us were lighting something on fire, I'm like what the heck is that?!?! Then they let it go.... Just mini hot air balloons! They were fascinating though because they sent up a few at once at some times and once you looked in the sky they seemed to be in formation like a triangular shape and then a square...... I turned to my sister and said ( I guarantee you someone is going to post this on youtube saying it's a UFO)... I did not expect it to be on ATS lol.... I truly would have mistaken it for UFO myself if I hadn't known any better, once they got so high the flames would burn out, I'm thinking lack of oxygen but I thought they were cool I'm going to have to find those next year!!

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jheated6

Yes, also some people tie them together with fishing line so they stay together "in formation" if you will.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Well no strings attached, they just somehow floated in formation all by themselves I'm guessing the wind put them that way... but they did look like ufo's because they were also blinking....

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Please let us all now when the FAA calls you back after they finish their big investigation for you.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   

This is not intended to be cruel by any means.

The OP basically was warned for calling me names.

When you post threads and stories on here that's fine. But when people dissect the story and it doesn't add up, don't get upset about it.

I feel personally that most people here, not everyone, some people are appreciating this thread for what's it's worth.

I also feel that most people are really tired of the 3 party ufo sighting. My friend saw this and told me about it, so I figured that I'd tell you all type of story with no pictures or video threads, you know them well. Also, when you start other threads seriously and they don't add up, your credibility doesn't add up for your next thread.

I'm not mentioning any names or threads.

OH, well. Keep looking up everyone.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Vagisil.

When multiple independent sources cite the same event, it often cannot be discounted as a FOFA (freind of a friend) story.

---- Your horse.

---- Where you should be.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
The weather in Albany last night was cloudy, not partly cloudy. see here
www.weather.com...

I'm trying to understand how they saw anything. Anyone else live in the area?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join