It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got a strange feeling...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Ok, where I live we have a heard of cattle and there's a big thunderstorm brewing, I can hear the thunder and see the lightning. It's also a new moon tonight. I got the feeling that a cattle mutilation will take place, maybe to some of our cattle, maybe not. From what I know these thing take place around new moons and thunderstorms, plus I have a creepy feeling about this, I thought in the back of my mind when the storm started to approach "Hmm... I bet it's a new moon tonight", sure enough it is. So are there any other signs I need to watch for fo a cattle mutilation tonight?

-Jimmy

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Yeah.

Mutilated Cattle.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5-7-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Seriously though, I have like this sick stomach, like something is going to happen. Eh maybe it's cause I just got through watching Independance day and the new moon thunderstorm coencedence has me a little brow raised.
I could just be over reacting.
Guess I ll find out in the morning, eh?

-Jimmy

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
You could be over-reacting, however, get your camera ready and document what happens. If you can, take soil samples (in as sterile a way as you can) in a radius about the mutilation site (assuming there are any). Document where the soil samples came from and how far away they were from the site.

Remember to do it in a sterile manner to prevent any contamination from other means (God only knows what they could be).

Get out as early as you can, and as soon after the rain as you can. If you can, take core temperature measurements and note when the last time that particular head of cattle had been seen alive.

You want to be able to provide as much data as possible for people to look at. The less time that head of cattle had been deceased, the less time for bacteria to cause various wounds to take on "unnatural" appearances, and less time for other animals to scavenge the carcass - thus more likelihood that it was something else, entirely.

Though, your goal should be simply collecting data for people to look over. You'll likely need to send the soil samples off to a lab somewhere to have them analyzed for their composition, particularly looking for iron spheres that have been noted at a lot of sites of UFO activity. Again - you just need to collect data - don't try and prove it was UFOs before you have the data collected. Don't collect data for UFOs and ignore something else. If it was UFOs or something strange - the data will reflect it in some way, shape, or form later.

That being said, I hope you don't lose any cattle - but it never hurts to be prepared.

You might do a little research and see if there are any people who specialize in cattle mutilation cases in your area and call them up. Though with tomorrow being the 4th, that might complicate things a bit.....

Either way, the key is to collect data and do your damnedest to ensure it's not contaminated by other sources in collection, storage, transportation, etc. Pictures are pretty hard to "contaminate" - but mostly soil samples, tissue samples - those sorts of things.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

Thankyou very much Aim64C, that was very helpful and informative information.
The property that the cattle are on is owned by my famlilies Pastor, he was kind enough to hold some of our cattle until we find more and bigger property to put them on, he too has cattle. The land these cattle are on has a lot of hills and me and my dad have often been through the area looking for cattle that we thought may escaped, but found them hidden away some place, it's very easy land to lose sight of cattle on and it's near a lake. I will have a lot of hill climbing to do tomorrow lol.
Does anyone know if there are or have been very many cattle mutilations in the southern missouri/northern arkansas area?

I will try and give an update on here asap.

Thanks,

-Jimmy

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

Currently, I'm searching through websites to help find any sort of information you might need - people you could contact (I'm here in Missouri, as well, I live between Sedalia and Green Ridge - not sure if you know where-abouts that is) - and, more importantly, who you could send data to and get it back.

You might try getting a hold of some of the people here on ATS doing their own research who might have some more pointers than I do.

This is Wikipedia's take on Cattle Mutilations: en.wikipedia.org... In it are perfectly logical explanations for a number of mutilations. That's why the collection of data is very important - because there are a lot of possibilities that exist, and the more data available, the more we can narrow those possibilities down.

Certainly, if there are people out there attempting to hoax something or just be a pain in the rear - they should be brought up on criminal charges - and the data you collect could help in that manner, as well (be sure to report any mutilations to the local authorities, as well).

Hmm... this came up in a Google search... and other than being related to Missouri, I can't tell how much use it will be (it's a .pdf) - but here it is, should make an interesting read, anyway (perhaps worthy of another thread within the forum). www.ufocasebook.com...

I've been looking for a while, and it doesn't appear that there is much on the Google-available web for reporting cattle mutilations. You'll have to search in your area for various labs that can do soil samples - talk to a local high school chemistry teacher, or one at a local community college (not sure if there are many in Southern Missouri).

If you'd like I could talk around up here - my old High School chem teacher is a great guy, and would be able to help out, I'm sure. The problem would be getting a hold of him, though.

Ah, nevermind... let's just hope he reads his E-mail from his school address over the summer. If need be - I can ask him who we should go to for any chemical/biological studies (he works in a medical lab and teaches Chemistry and Physics.... he's got so much information in his head that he gets lost in it, sometimes - quite humorous) - if he isn't willing to do them, himself (and is capable of doing so).

That is, of course, assuming you find something.

Also, I'll check around here on the ATS site to see if there are any people around here doing any sorts of studies or anything. I find this site somewhat difficult to navigate sometimes as it's more or less centered around the forums.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   

It's instinctive for animals to be frightened by thunderstorms, and as the song goes "You an me are nothing but mammals" but i won't finish that stanza.

Maybe they're frightened because of the electro-magnetic disturbance caused by the gathering electricity in the clouds, which could be possible seeing as it is noted that birds and other animals can navigate in accordance to earth's gravity.

I don't think you've over-reacting at all, it's just that one of nature's more instinctive biological reactions is getting to you.

Still, i'm not about to discount the efforts of a valuable member of ATS - perhaps you are reading into your future self's mind via some sort of trippy singularity experience or something.

It'll be worth staying in touch with your pastor, he is well placed to be able to know about the goings on in your local community.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
What about the county agent?
Does the school have FFA?
What about the vet?

I'm just tossing ideas out since I don't know what is available in your area.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I don`t know how much help this will be, but check out this website. This woman has been investigating these things for years. There is an e-mail address at the bottom of the page if you want to contact her. She may be able to help you in some way. Here is the link....

www.qsl.net...

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by FiatLux

Wow, that's actually one of the people I was hoping to find some reference to in my search - I recalled seeing her on one of the documentaries that I have watched before - actually where I got the whole "take soil samples" from - since that was one of the things she was doing (or at least, I'm pretty sure it was her).

Though I did find it somewhat awkward to see (and possibly an easy point for the overly-skeptical to disregard the data) a woman who looked like she was dressed for Church going around and collecting soil samples and dragging a rubber-coated neodymium magnet around on the ground. No disrespect to her, but it was quite awkward and a somewhat humorous sight.

She has collected quite a bit of interesting data, though - which is far more than many people can say. And I would say she's one to contact if you have any cattle mutilation cases.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I`m like you, I saw her on TV a while back. I thought she was very good at her job, she didn`t leave any stones unturned. She has many people that help her out in research and lab work. And she comes across like she knows what she is talking about.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Let us know if you find out anything Jimmy.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Nope, nothing odd has happened.
Sorry folks.

-Jimmy

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Shocking!

Unbelievable!

I just got done watching Bill & Ted's exellent adventure.

I have this strange feeling that George Carlin is going to pop out of a phone booth and give me a new guitar.

[edit on 5-7-2008 by gauncents]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyjackblack

Guess I ll find out in the morning, eh?

-Jimmy

I guess, please keep us posted.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5-7-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by gauncents

I get the guitar, you get a free lobotomy though.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FiatLux

That's kind of harsh! My I replace it with electrical shock therepy, circa 1975 Jack Nicholson in One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest?

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
"I've got a bad feeling about this..."

Several months later....

And then some more time later...

"Well then, i guess today "I got a bad feeling about this..." and its variations are not what they use to be back in the old days right?"

I've had this feelings in the past too, but it never came to happen what i was thinking, mostly they were because of something completely unrelated, it's just that i tended to think about certain things i was more attracted to and not about the real "things" that were bound to happen..

Or maybe not... what was i trying to say?

"gets completely distracted by something else and goes away..."

[edit on 6-7-2008 by Kaifan]

[edit on 6-7-2008 by Kaifan]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaifan

Several months later....

And then some more time later...

Kind of like this a little,
enjoy!

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I don't know if anybody's still following this discussion, but I have two pertinent pieces of information:

1) Regarding the question of whether southern Missouri and northern Arkansas have a history of cattle mutilations, the answer is yes, at least for the Missouri part. I grew up in the southwest Missouri Ozarks, and in fact just moved away from there a few weeks ago. For the past many years, in and around the counties of Douglas, Texas, and Wright, cattle mutilations have been a fairly common thing. They don't happen all the time but they've been happening intermittently for something like three decades. I grew up a few counties away, but my wife grew up in one of the counties I just named and she grew up hearing the stories of local dairy farmers finding their cows dead and mutilated many times. The popular explanation in the area is that it's the work of a religious cult that drinks the animals' blood and/or uses the cow organs in religious rituals. But that's pure speculation.

2) This is no longer just an abstract, academic subject for me, since I got off the phone about 15 minutes ago with some family members who still live back in Missouri, and they told me that five days ago they found a sack of cow organs and hooves dumped in their front yard. Apparently these items bore some of the telltale signs of the classic mutilations (clean and drained of blood, split/carved hooves, etc.). They also said that someone killed and mutilated some calves owned by a prominent local businessman, and in a town about 10 miles away (which has long been a center for this kind of thing) a farmer found several of his adult cows mutilated. They said the farmer called a nearby television station, and that the station came out and actually did a story on the incident, so I think I'm going to try and look that up online.

So this is all to say that at this point, I, too, would be grateful for any information anybody can share about these types of things, since it has now affected my family. I've been interested in mysterious and paranormal-type stuff since I was a kid, so I've been aware of the cattle mutilation phenomenon for a very long time. But this has become a little too personal now.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join