It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will You Accept Obama as Your New President if He Wins the Election?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Hal9000

I will respect the Presidency, I will respect the man, I will respect the will of the people.
I, probably, won't like his policies, I probably won't like Him, and specially his wife, but I will always respect Him and the Office.

Who knows maybe, although I doubt it, he will surprise me.

Having said that, of course this will never happen because Senator John McCain is going to win, and win big.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
Try to read what I said instead of acting like it is some remote concept that you can't fathom.

SNOTTY!
If I had understood what you were saying I wouldn't have asked the question.

As for whoever said 'will you give him a chance'. My response is that I always give people a chance and even a second chance. Obamessiah has already used those up during the campaign. His true colors have come shining through ... and all the crap baggage he is bringing to the table as well as his mistakes due to severe inexperience has used up his 'chances'.

As i said - I will 'accept' him because I have no choice. But that's as far as it goes.

[edit on 7/4/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
SNOTTY!

How did you know I have a cold? Oh, I see you were just being childish and not really looking out for my well being.

If I had understood what you were saying I wouldn't have asked the question.

Tell the truth. You did not read this thread before posting did you? There were 4 1/2 pages of replies and yes others asked me to clarify, which I did. I apologize if you were offended by my comment, but you could be a little nicer yourself.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Of course, he has got to do better then GW, at least I hope. If he is smart he will listen to Bill Clinton and take advantage of Bill's experience. The smartest thing Obama could do would be to develop a good relationship with Bill, because the repubs will leave plenty of economic booby traps. He is going to have to hit the ground running.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I also like Bill Clinton, but I would like Obama to be himself. I think he should follow his example of balancing the budget and return to being fiscally responsible, but I think Obama may have the potential to be better than Bill. It will depend on who he surrounds himself with. His choice of VP will be interesting. I make a joke of Hillary being VP in my signature, but it is nothing more than that.

[edit on 7/5/2008 by Hal9000]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
To me the thing is, I don't think Obama knows who he is. I think all of this has happened faster than Obama knows how to deal with. Of course, Obama is going to have to find himself, all leaders have to go through the process, and how they get through the process is what makes the man and the leader. Having a good mentor would help greatly. Clinton might have some skirt chasing issues, but so did Benjamen Franklen. Bill could be the mentor that Obama really needs.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Yes, but he is going to spend us into an spiraling depression. he has not mentioned 1 word about cutting pork and only about raising taxes. As a democrat he is beholden to the pork barrel cradle-to-grave buy the vote legislation. In this economy, in this world, that will destroy us. He has no answers for gas prices. No drilling, no anything. Taxing the oil companies isnt a solution. Corporations dont pay taxes, you DO. The consumer pays them.

McCain isnt much better but at this point, I can count on him to control spending. ive made up my mind. Unless Obama takes a moderate on his ticket or disavow s his far Left leaning economic policies; i wont vote for him. I dont want more taxes. I dont want more money wasted in washington.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I think Obama will do a fine job.

I think the guy is a natural leader and will do what's best for the US. I think he is more realistic than "kook liberal" like some try and label him. He's been very honest about his energy policies including (perhaps) drilling for oil off our coasts to ease the transition to an alternative fuel. He can speak out and be frank with minorities (without being called a racist) which is a huge advantage. He is not another Jesse Jackson race card playing liberal who seeks to totally socialize the system. Obama is a driven individual, who has made some mistakes, but ultimately will have a better chance of negotiating peace in the middle east than McCain.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
If Obama is elected he will NOT BE the next president because he will be giving the US away to the Globalists or what ever other name you want to call them. How can he be President if the USA no longer exists as a sovereign country?

If someone does not put the brakes on the US bureaucracy we will bankrupt this country. The USDA, FDA, Homeland Security are all talking about massive new surveillance of US citizens and assets, at the cost of millions of dollars. Variable rate mortgages were given without consideration of how people would repay. Banks jacked up the rates, foreclosed and now are screaming for a bailout with US citizens left holding the payment due. Obama wants to give 7% of our income to the UN and our Water Authorities toll roads and bridges have already been sold to Germany. Just tell me how an already bankrupt USA can continue?

There are 545 people responsible for this mess, 100 senators, 435 congressmen, one president, and nine Supreme Court justices. They are Republicans and they are Democrats and they all need to be booted out of office because their billions of dollars of debt show they are not capable of running this country. No stockholder would allow a CEO and board of directors to do what has been done to this country.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Actually

We are responsible as voters.
We voted them into office.

Suffice it to say - some people just cant place repsonsibility where in it lies

Will i accept Obama?

yes. i. will.

I wont pull a John McCain flipflop

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Sorry but I have been trying to vote the Pork-barrel crowd OUT for thirty years. I have been writting letters to my congress critters on a weekly basis and on weekends I have been handing out flyers about the World Trade Organizations attack on the Food Supply.

Now what was that about not not taking responsiblity?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by crimvelvet
If Obama is elected he will NOT BE the next president because he will be giving the US away to the Globalists or what ever other name you want to call them. How can he be President if the USA no longer exists as a sovereign country?

I agree with you that our current politicians in Washington have been negligent in running the country, but I don't see how you think Obama would destroy the sovereignty of our country. How do you see this happening and what evidence do you have that he would do this? Also, do you think it would or would not happen if McCain is elected?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
My conclusion/feelings are based on extensive reading and I am very much afraid food/farmers issues may touch-off a powder keg no matter which is elected. Let me see if I can put my forebodings into words with references to back it up..

First McCain - I have seen nothing in his resume to make me wish to hire him as an employee much less as President. He got into college due to family pull, and was distinguished by staying at the bottom of his class and being a hell raiser. He crashed several planes, was a prisoner of war and considered a “prince” by his captors and treated as such. Photos show him greeting his former captor with hugs??? He divorces his first wife because She is severely injured... he is known on Capital Hill for his explosive temper. There is nothing positive there to make me want to meet the man much less vote for him.

Then Obama – He was raised by a foreign stepfather and a mother who dislikes the USA. He spent his formative years in a foreign country. He went to Harvard a school I dislike intensely (very long discussion) he went to work for a charity and did visiting lecture type work. There are also possible ties to Brzezinski at Columbia University and Joseph Nye and the Trilateral-Commission. There are certainly close ties to the Ford Foundation which has close ties to the UN. The one definite nail in his coffin is his sponsorship of a bill allowing the UN to tax US citizens directly. Again I see nothing to make me want to vote for the man.

The current situation -
THE PRESIDENT and USE OF TROOPS IN THE USA:

In 1933 the War and Emergency Powers Act, was passed and has never been repealed.

The Insurrection Act of 1807. Coupled with the Posse Comitatus Act, limits and delays the President's powers ability to deploy troops within the United States to put down lawlessness.
But in September of 2006, Congress modified the Insurrection Act and widens the President's ability to deploy troops within the United States to enforce the law, allowing the President to deploy troops as a police force when the President determines that the authorities of the state are incapable of maintaining public order. The law also modified Sec. 334 of the Insurrection Act, giving the President authority to order dispersal of "those obstructing the enforcement of the laws." It changed "Insurrection" to "Enforcement of the Laws to Restore Public Order."
SOURCE: en.wikipedia.org...
Then there was this bit in the papers:

“With no warning, a significant military agreement was signed by the chief Armed Forces commanders of both the U.S.A. and Canada on Feb. 14. The agreement allows the armed forces from one nation to support the armed forces of the other nation during a domestic civil emergency. " Source: stopspp.com...

Then there is the treatment of farmers by the US government:

In July 2000, USDA officials claimed in our court hearing that, “The farmers have no rights. No right to be heard before the court, no right to independent testing, and no right to question the USDA....” Linda Fallice

Gladstone, Virginia: “I am sitting here at 1:00 am, and trying to figure out what has happened to our little farm. Last Tuesday morning at 5:30 am a Game Warden arrested my husband on a Class 2 Misdemeanor for having a mammalian shooting enclosure without a permit. That was followed by agents from the USDA swooping in (9 different vehicles) and beginning the slaughter of our hogs. It is almost one week later, and it is still going on. We have 24 hour armed surveillance...” Cindi Henshaw — September 18, 2006 to NoNAIS.ORG
and “The USDA is STILL here on our property. After 3+ months...Comment Cindi Henshaw — December 18, 2006

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
To continue: eyewitness at the trial

...While we were talking to Norman [ Henshaw lawyer], he pointed out the laws that were sited on the original warrant. ( there were several quoted on the original papers) and Norman found, after a great deal of study, there was no law at all that pertained to this case, especially how it was carried out with no notice or warning to correct the problem, if in fact one existed. Basically the bottom line is Danny was convicted on laws that do not even exist. Comment Becky — March 4, 2007

TREATIES
Presidents now make “treaties” (Executive Agreement) without ratification by Congress. Propaganda and the actions of the govt indicate treaties supercede the Constitution.

On April 11, 1952, Secretary of State, John Foster Dulles, speaking before the American Bar Association in Louisville, Kentucky said...
"Treaties make international law and also they make domestic law. Under our Constitution, treaties become the supreme law of the land.... Treaty law can override the Constitution. Treaties, for example, ...can cut across the rights given the people by their constitutional Bill of Rights."
Allen W. Dulles (cfr) from a UN booklet, Headline Series #59 (New York: The Foreign Policy Association., Sept.-Oct., 1946) pg 46.
But the real truth is "This [Supreme] Court has regularly and uniformly recognized the supremacy of the Constitution over a treaty." - Reid v. Covert, October 1956, 354 U.S. 1, at pg 17.
...www.sweetliberty.org...

The government is not enforcing the supremacy of the Constitution.
THE INTERNATIONAL FRONT
OIE, WTO, and Codex Alimentarius have put together plans that place multinational corporations in control of a monopoly over the World Food Supply. Governments all over the world are implementing this plan and the FDA, USDA and Homeland Security are falling right in line.
Homeland Security: members.ift.org...

Eyewitness report of an EU commission meeting on Agriculture:

“ the chair-lady said: “I don't think you understand what EU policy is.... it will be necessary to shift around one million farmers off the land... The remaining farms will be made competitive with their counterparts in western Europe.”...EU and national officialdom brandishing that most vicious of anti-entrepreneurial weapons: ‘sanitary and hygiene regulations’ ... the hidden weapons of mass destruction.[are intent on destroying] small- and medium-sized family farms and replacing them with monocultural money-making agribusiness...” Source: www.i-sis.org.uk...

The President has agreed to “harmonize” US law with the EU

"In a sweeping move that has garnered surprisingly little attention this week the United States and the European Union have signed up to a new transatlantic economic partnership that will see regulatory standards "harmonized" and will lay the basis for a merging of the US and EU into one single market, a huge step on the path to a new globalized world order...”
The BBC reported (news.bbc.co.uk...) f

What is so frightening about it is the plans to do away with biodiversity and food independence.

“In the EU, there is now a list of 'official' vegetable varieties. Seed that is not on the list cannot be 'sold' to the 'public' .” FAO is advocating “...harmonized seed laws: a key tool to improve farmers’ access to quality seed...”

Strict enforcement of NAIS will spark a revolt among farmers. The Henshaw and Fallice incidents are well known. Do you really think they will allow government invasion of their homes?

[At] NIAA's ID Expo in 2006... Dr. John Weimers told me personally that he would drive every back road to find every backyard flock and tag each chicken..” Sharon henwhisperer.blogspot.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Hal9000

Will You Accept Obama as Your New President if He Wins the Election?

Do we have a choice anymore? I remember we were shoved Bush in 2000 and we took him 8 years later we are still taking him

Does that answer the question?

We will take anything with the tag of president attached on their forehead over and over again.

Remember is the Patriotic thing to do.

[edit on 15-8-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Most of the information you posted there I have seen before, and you are obviously well informed, but I fail to see how this relates to Obama? You stated that he would give away the sovereignty of our country to Global elitists, but everything you supplied a link for, he had nothing to do with.

I also find problems with the paragraph that you did talk about Obama, and most of what you said isn't true.

Then Obama – He was raised by a foreign stepfather and a mother who dislikes the USA.

I searched for anything that says that his parents disliked the USA, and I came up with nothing.

He spent his formative years in a foreign country.

Yes he lived in Indonesia from 1967 to 1971, but I don't see why this should be held against him.

He went to Harvard a school I dislike intensely (very long discussion) he went to work for a charity and did visiting lecture type work.

Are you saying everyone that went to Harvard and works for charity are globalists?

There are also possible ties to Brzezinski at Columbia University and Joseph Nye and the Trilateral-Commission.

Possible ties?

There are certainly close ties to the Ford Foundation which has close ties to the UN. The one definite nail in his coffin is his sponsorship of a bill allowing the UN to tax US citizens directly. Again I see nothing to make me want to vote for the man.

I think you are referring to the Global Poverty Act? There is nothing in that bill that will allow the UN to tax US citizens. That is ridiculous.

Everything you state here is questionable in my opinion, and even if Obama had these intentions, he cannot just declare them to be law. Everything would have to go through the legislative process.

I figured you would at least post something about the North American Union or something, but as I said before, Obama has not had anything to do with any negotiations of this type. You are condemning him for things that others have done.

With all this knowledge that you obviously have, I find it strange that you somehow use it to form an incorrect opinion. I suggest you go back and review your information and check your sources. It sounds to me like you are just repeating something you read that may or may not be true.

In any case thanks for your input.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Hi Marg,

Actually, when I asked about accepting Obama as our next president, I was really asking if people would see that the majority of the people prefer to take a different direction as a country. I think that is what this election represents. If McCain is elected, we know things will not change, and four years from now, we will still be complaining about the same things. If we elect Obama, I think we will start a long process of reversing the bad foreign policy, that may even take more than one or two terms.

A good start would be to reduce the ability for lobbyist to influence what goes on in Washington. I think Obama recognizes this problem, but it is a problem that will take more than one man to conquer. If he is elected it will be interesting to see how Washington reacts.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Obama, McCain and Clinton will all be a disaster for the US. Member of the CFR they all are, Obama doesnt have a clue about economics, McCain want to bomb Iran and have the troops in Iraq for 100 years and Clinton, a woman that couldnt even satisfy her own husband is suppose to satisfy the hole country?

They are just puppets made by the media. They (the media) decides who will win the election, they believe everything they get up from their tv's

They mentioned above are all presidential candidates, but there was only 1 man that was suited for the job and that was Ron Paul. Obama can dance with Ellen, yeah, but i mean that is pretty irrelevant for being a president.

And i do encourage ALL to see Money as debt, it's a very important movie where you learn about the monetary system which Ron Paul is warning about. Or you can read the libertydollar.org story, the only true money that the FBI and US secret service stole all their money because it was "a treat to us financial system" Can somebody please explain why 22 mill dollar in gold and silver can treat the huge system?

It's the idea of what money is they are scared of...

Your US dollar today is still worth something because your neighbour still manages to pay of his debt, when he can't your money will be worth less!

Google Video Link

Hope all of you take your time to watch, it is really important that you understand this.

And perhaps this will make the Iraq war a little bit more understanding, its a lecture by Roscoe Bartlett about oil given to the US congress 3 months ago. I have seen hundred of movies about the topic, but i will rate this as the very, very best.

Ron PAUL!

Clinton

Obama

McCain

[edit on 15-8-2008 by Koskov]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Hal9000

I didn't go into my assessment of Obama because it isn't based on facts.
His 1st years in a foreign country: People point to children raise on Military Posts as examples however Military Posts are a bit of the USA with other Americans and US culture . Obama had Non-US fathers, was immersed in a foreign culture, taught in a foreign school and played with foreign kids.

My Psych courses taught a child's personality/beliefs are pretty much fixed by age seven. My own experience substantiates this. I spent my first years (9) in one culture and then was dumped into a vastly different culture. Believe me “See the stranger. Hate the stranger. Kill the stranger.” is no joke when the kids and the teachers apply it to you! I spent the most miserable years of my life in that town. I did not have one friend, and like Obama became a scholar. Books do not hate, Books do not hurt.

I do not know Obama's thoughts I can only draw from my own experience living overseas and in many parts of the US. Also I know of one black who like Obama did very well in the white world. He was highly intelligent, well mannered, well spoken and well thought of by whites. He also hated whites with a fanatic hatred that never showed.

Harvard/Cambridge: Based on my experience. There is a good chance I actually passed Obama on the street. I also know Cambridge has some of the foremost Marxist scholars in the world and is so full of Communists, Marxists, socialists... that a member of the communist party who is a friend registers as a republican to work the polls every year so the citizens of Cambridge can vote! Obama definitely got good Marxist training there.

Recruitment: I know recruitment was going on because I and other “disadvantaged” were recruited while I lived near NYC. I understand Maurice Strong, another “disadvantaged” was recruited and has been very instrumental in advancing Globalism.

I would be at the NAU meetings held in Couer D’ Alene, Idaho with my placard if I had the money and I was not sitting here with a broken foot. I did not get into that because I ran out of room.
To continue:
We have the environmental movement, global warming and NGOs linking to Maurice Strong and thru him to the UN and the World Bank. This links to the UN's Agenda 21 and Clinton's Council on Sustainable Development. Al Gore of Global Warming fame was appointed to the President's Community Empowerment Board. This leads to Six Regional Commissions run by NGOs, funded by tax dollars, who will be setting local policy. Goodby Constitution and US. Then we have House Concurrent Resolution 25. This supposedly comes from grassroots activism lead by a NGO but it actually leads to a foundation who guess what links to the UN.

If we look at the Clinton's we find links to Walmart and Monsanto and bact to WTO and the UN. If we look at NAIS we find it was proposed to the USDA by a NGO (NIAA) who has lots of connections with WTO, and Codex and leads back to OIE and FAO of the UN.

I do not have the facts at my finger tips but if I recall correctly Sec of Ag Schaefer recently said the US donates 50% of the funds used by the UN for food/poverty relief. This is why I think the “poverty tax” funds will be administered by the UN or an NGO guided agency connected to the UN.

Hunches. examples 1. A company had just shut down a sister plant. The head of personnel interviewed each employee to get reactions. I told him we were next and would close in a year. He had just gotten that news and spent time looking for the “leak” 2. I had a “hunch” it took two years to backup with data. Unfortunately the data got me fired. (Hint DO NOT FLY!)
Obama. Sorry but I look at his voting record obamasresume.org...
I look at the Democratic party, I look at his lack of moneyed background and my “hunch” say he is a carefully built puppet the puppet masters are using

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I'd have an easier time accepting it if whoever wins took a less condescending attitude into the White House with them. I've grown tired of the fakeness of politicians and, especially, the posseur stance that seems to magically appear in whoever gets elected president, as seen in the last 2 or 3 POTUSes in office.

There's a nice little song by the band Five Finger Death Punch called "Never Enough" that has the lyrics:

I'd rather you hate me
For everything I am
Than have you love me
For something that I aint

I'd actually "respect" and accept a president who showed some sack and didn't try to appease those who disagreed with him for a change instead of trying to be everything to everyone. That doesn't mean I'd agree with him nor would I like them if their position diagreed with mine... but at least I could respect them for being who they are. (That also doesn't mean that I'd necessarily follow any new directives their administration laid out, such as more gun control, either.)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join