It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will You Accept Obama as Your New President if He Wins the Election?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

Actually, I doubt Obama will have to deal with some of these issues because the Bush administration is already making changes. For example, I bet Gitmo will already be shut down before GB leaves office.

As far as making and breaking promises, we all know every politician does this, and that makes me wonder why everyone expects Obama to be perfect.

Would you prefer that McCain is elected instead? Because that is what will happen if Obama is not. If so, that is your choice.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
how can you NOT expect anything BUT the truth from a candidate. see, they have us so conditioned to believing that we have to accept the lies. anyone that lies what they are going to do will lie about their intent.

if they can lie about one thing, how can you trust anything else they say. that is logic, is it not? a lier is not to be trusted and yet, even though you will all freely admit that he AND mccain have and will lie and be decietful, you trust them to run the country that you reside in. help me help me understand this mentality because it is soooo beyond my way of thinking.

this is our country, not some random job position.

edited to add: please pardon all my spelling and grammar mishaps. i am typically fanatic about it, but getting tired of editing my posts. lol

[edit on 3-7-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I will 7 days a week. For the entire duration of his 8 years in office!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin

I will.

Obama for POTUS

whatever it takes to get him there.

Spoken just like how the Democrats think how Bush got elected to two terms. Maybe the two major parties aren't all that different after all........

Let's see Obama skips public funding so he can dominate the airwaves with political ads this Fall, sounds like something the Dems would accuse the the Republicans of doing. Just some food for thought.

I will ackowledge whoever wins the election as the President of the United States.

I think that electing someone who's experience is very flimsy at best, and who has not shown any real inclination of "crossing the aisle to get things done" other than lip service in canned stump speeches is cause for a second look by many people. Look behind the gloss and slogans.

But hey, elect who you think is best suited to run this country in a time a crisis. After all Obama will have TV ads everywhere this fall, so he must be the most qualified to be President right?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

I'm not sure how many other ways I can keep saying the same thing. If we didn't vote for any candidate that we think is lying or don't agree with completely, then we would not vote at all. As long as I know there are others that will vote for someone that I disagree with more, then I will vote to oppose them for someone I think is better.

If we don't vote or do nothing, we may as well give up and let the special interests and corporations take over, because that is what will happen, or if you believe that is already the case, it still sends a message that we want things to change.

I understand how you feel, but I don't want to give up because of some political double talk. You have to look at the bigger picture.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Hal9000

i do understand what you mean by that. i guess i just don't consider myself a defeatist as you must assume i am. i have just always been one of those ppl that given the choice btw the lesser of two evils, i'm gonna go w/ truth and justice. lol

and i take back my earlier answer to your original question. no, i will not accept him as MY president.
whatever that means or entails one can only guess.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
The whole premise of this thread is idiotic. What do you mean, would I accept the guy as president? It's not like I have a choice. If he's somehow elected, he will unfortunately become the president and surely will proceed to drag the nation through a horrible four years of decline. Hopefully, we'll learn our lesson.

The only way a person "not accepting" their president can change things is to assassinate the man or even overthrow their government. I don't expect anyone to go that far, even if this radical ends up in office. After all, when you look back at the American leaders who were dispatched in this manner, they were usually pretty popular.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueTriangle
I don't see how any American citizen has any choice but to accept the new president. That doesn't mean I'm not going to bitch and moan when his policies lower the quality of my life.

That pretty much says it all.

I don't understand what the OP wants to know. It kind of sounds like he/she is asking if we will all riot if Obama gets in. (NO, I won't) But I think the greater chance of 'riots' will come if Obama doesn't get in. (IMHO)

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
Obama for POTUS. whatever it takes to get him there.

'Whatever' it takes, eh? That's pretty wide open .... :shk:

[edit on 7/3/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grafilthy
Don't you think thats a little uhhhh.....
I'm not even going to try to reason with you because you are obviously a gun totin, sister screwin hick.
I am utterly tired of your type because you call everyone you disagree with a terrorist!!!

Choose your battles and read a book before you write garbage that makes you look like an idiot.

Where do you get off?

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Maybe you should practice what you preach. No need for personal attacks on posters here please.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by EverythingYouDespise

Thanks for the input, and sure you will live up to your name.

What the premise of the thread is that if the majority of the people vote for a new direction by electing Obama, will you at least give him a chance? Hmm.. I guess I did find another way to put it. Will you allow some time to pass and give him a chance before automatically complaining?

I know some will not, and that is your right. I am just tired of the "permanent campaign" that Scot McClellan calls it. It is the continual arguing and spin by the two opposing parties. There are so many things wrong with the country right now, that after the election it will be time to stop bickering and get to work.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Please see my last post. No I don't expect anything like riots. Try to read what I said instead of acting like it is some remote concept that you can't fathom. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by EverythingYouDespise

seriously, i don't think there is any need to be rude. the intent is obvious...... to me at least. curiousity breeds discussion and discussion is always better than being close minded. i have quite enjoyed this thread to be honest.

and for the record, so as not to be misconstrued which seems to be a problem concerning these kinds of discussions, when i say i don't accept him, i mean in my heart, i will not accept him.

i can't say what is going to happen tomorrow.. i can only guess and hope for the best. same thing w/ november..... i can only guess and hope for the best.

what ppl don't seem to understand is that we were set up (by those who "founded" this country) to be under a system that allowed for you not to accept the lesser of two evils. just gonna take time i guess for more ppl to realize that.

i can only hope and pray that we WILL have that time.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I think I will except him. He seems like a good man that wants the honest truth and safety for this country. The negativity that we hear about him are just the things that we hear on the news about what other people think about him. Saying this to discredit him from the positive that he is trying to do.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Not only will I not accept him for president, I will support seceding. In my opinion, those who would vote for him will get exactly what they deserve. Has anyone thought this out? Vote for change? What does that mean? Change to what? The country has turned into sheep who don't even know what they are voting for -- cause he does not know what he is doing. His platform is change? But change to what? Thank God that it really does not matter anymore. What is he going to be president of? A country whose CEOs are so corrupt that they steal for their own employees their pensions? The dollar is free-falling, the stock market, gas prices will double -- we don't need one president -- we need the smartest and most talented think tank we can muster up -- because if we don't get some help and quick -- it is over folks. It is all over but the crying -- and it does not matter who is president. We are slaves to the countries who produce the oil because we won't give up our gas guzzling vehicles and our style of life which we cannot afford. We buy gas from foreign countries who support terrorism. It is like havingn to buy your baby's formula from drug dealers. Obama cannot fix it. Before anyone can fix it we have to wake up, have some intregrity, pay attention, all things that we as a country refuse to do and it is, in the end, going to do us in. It does not matter one bit who you vote for if you do not get that we have to reduce our dependence on foreign oil, we have to quit spending more than we make, we have to hold our leaders accountable for their campaign "promises" which are actually bs. It boils down to: personal integrity. We either get it or we don't. Folks, Nero is fiddling, Rome is burning, and we are worried about an election which really has no consequence anymore.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by evanmontegarde
I think Bush is literally the worst President in the history of the country (even surpassing Hoover, Buchanan, etc) but I accept him as the President. 70%+ of Americans may not approve of him, but so far no one has tried revolution...

I guess you've never heard of Jimmy Carter.

Bush isn't a bad president. He's portrayed as the devil now by the MSM, but give it 25 years. You'll forget all about him and realize he wasn't so bad.

Hopefully, the nation will never see B. Hussein Obama as president. I'm not into the idea of Carter's second term.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Buddy, it's really easy to fix our situation. It's so easy, it's mindboggling how it isn't being done right now. Our entire situation is 100% government created. We're in this mess because of government policies creating bubbles and suppressing the regulatory powers of the free market.

- Cut down all government tape for energy regulations. Let companies drill where they want right now.

- Raise interest rates to stabilize the dollar. Let those who got in over their heads in mortgages lose their homes. People are supposed to fail in Capitalism. They need to learn from their mistakes and move on.

- Start building refineries, nuclear plants and clean coal electric plants. Set America on a path to energy independence.

- Stop subsidizing corn. Ethanol is a joke. Cars get worse mileage on it, it's incredibly inefficient to manufacture and it's diverting much needed food from people and animals.

The threat of energy independence and increased oil supply that doesn't come from unreliable OPEC will drop energy prices like a rock. Higher interest rates will curb inflation and put value back into our money again. The falling oil and getting off ethanol will lower food prices and put more food on the market. We will have more cheaper energy, more cheaper food and a stronger currency with these few steps. That's really all it takes. No one wants to do it, though.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

So that's it? You think we are done for? I agree that we have not been responsible and we have not done what we need to to become energy independent. It is because we have had it easy and became complacent. However we are still the strongest nation in the world and when necessary we always rise to the occasion. I may be a little hard of hearing, but I don't hear the fat lady singing just yet.

Some of you would like to see our country fall apart just like there are those out there with some morbid desire to see the end of the world. I am afraid I don't share that desire and don't believe that Obama does either.

I think America is in for a bit of a rough stretch, but will come back more resilient than ever. It is time to reduce government spending and get back to fiscal responsibility. It is time to become more energy independent. It is time to leave Iraq.

You may not agree with me, but that is the beauty of America. We all have our own thoughts and ideas, but one thing we have in common is that this is our country.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I will not accept Obama for president nor will I accept Mccain.
There is not a responsable candidate in the running and therefor even if one is elected as president they will not be my president and I will disregard everything they stand for.
Im against globalization, Im against having my sovereignty taken away from me as both an individual and as a collective group free nation.
I personally feel that none of the candidates have this countries best interests in mind but rather what is on thier mind is how can they best benefit from pesidential candidacy.
It is for this reason that I will assist in the undermining of the new presidents policies and procedures to unite America and take away its sovereignty by petitioning to have my state either declare sovereignty or completely secede from the Union all together.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
I could care less about weather the USA is respected in the world if I am living in my car and fishing food out of a garbage can behind McDonalds and it makes no difference who gets into the WH, the same agenda will be followed that makes the above scenario a reality.

Sure we could vote for someone who will reverse policies, I already do but then we run into the same problems.... election fraud or the sheep outnumber the people who are smart enough to actually know whats going on. In the end... it doesn't matter. You are playing poker against someone and the cards are marked and you can't see it! Guess what? Your not gonna win!

In my opinion there is only one real choice.... and it was given to us by the forefathers of this country....

I'm so tired of people blaming others for their miserable lives...
Maybe your situation is due to your own acts, or lack of?
Maybe you played a little too much poker with your life when you where young, instead of being working to build a good life for yourself?
The cards are marked? What cards? Still playing poker, are we ?
I did not inherit a dime, I worked my way through college, Uni, MD, PhD...Maybe while I was doing that you where pissing your life away, ever think about that?

What's wrong with this country? Obviously you have never been outside of the USA. I am currently in Europe, Portugal to be exact, and everywhere I have been is much worse off then the USA. Countries here have unemployment rates ranging from 7% to 18%, I wont even go into the situation in Africa, South America or the Indian sub-Continent...In some of these countries people actually pay to get a job (in Brazil a job can cost you a years salary).

So living in the richest country of the world isn't good enough for you? I suggest you try your "cards" south of the border, or further south, just to see all those white trash paradises out there...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join