It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Research hints of real reason for war on drugs

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepresidentsbrain

Originally posted by Amaterasu
...you can see it is not a war on drugs - how does one war with an inanimate object? It is a war on some people (people being the only thing one can war on)...

Brilliant, so let me see if I have this straight

Not only are these criminals trying to prevent us from knowing what we are, they are at war on anyone who chooses to attempt to find out.

Bingo! And, anytime we are warring on ourselves, they profit. War, you see, is VERY profitable for those supplying the war. And they often supply both sides.

CIA and coc aine... Coincidence? Not a chance.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
A Pro-War on Drug advocate? Trying to derail the thread? LOL ya'll have it all wrong...about me at least. Unless I'm mistaken, ATS is a place where we are all free to share our own opinions. If sharing my opinion which is germane to the topic at hand constitutes derailing a thread then my bad.

I specifically said that I don't think the War on Drugs is working. I never said that I agree with its purpose or that I want it to work. I'm not a member of either crowd, pro or anti WoD. It seems that by stating that drugs which harm the body, i.e. Meth, Crack, Ice - and no one has offered any evidence to prove otherwise - have no spiritual connection at all, I am ruining this thread's "the man is putting us down" fest.

No one has responded to my statements on these specific drugs, which are the ones I was referencing in my first post; on the contrary thepresidentsbrain and Amaterasu have attempted to paint me as a Gubment War on Drugs supporter and thus invalidate my opinion. The article cited by the OP was specifically about Mushrooms which no one has even mentioned!

Clearly this thread is meant to be an illegal drug lovefest rather than a frank discussion about the article cited and its implications.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by sc2099
No one has responded to my statements on these specific drugs, which are the ones I was referencing in my first post;

Yes, they are not good for one's body. What else do you need. The point is that that is irrelevant. There are butt-loads of things in this world that are not good for your body but we don't legislate them. But we lump natural drugs (and a few man-made drugs) into something we will go to war upon the people using them for, merely because they alter one's consciousness.

So the question is... What is inherently wrong with altering one's consciousness?

Why do we not have the freedom to make that choice?

What are They scared of? Violent behavior? Then why is alcohol allowed and "M" not? ("M" promotes loving, accepting, calm behavior... Think about THAT, eh?)

So there must be something. Something beyond the patent issue (can't patent alcohol...).

And it must be that it has something to do with what one might discover in altering one's consciousness. Maybe it becomes clear that we have been enslaved. In fact, that is where my money would be placed.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by sc2099

Moderation and maturity are required when taking any mind-altering substance. It is important to understand what it is doing to you, how it is changing your behaviour and outlook. That said, it's clear that hard, synthesized or lab made drugs are bad news. Crack, meth, heroine, etc are all destructive and should be avoided. The psychadellics--while also sometimes dangerous--are altogether different, and yes they do expand the consiousness and often cause sudden bouts of spiritual growth. These should also be taken in moderation and with serious and honest intent. They should not be played with and ideally should be taken with someone who is more experienced to guide you. Marijuana, on the other hand, is fine in moderation and a gentle way of expanding the consiousness, IMO.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by Silenceisall]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
It's total hypocrisy this "war on drugs."

Too many stories out there of CIA involvement with drugs, including Bill Clinton while he was Arkansas governor.

I think it's stupid, the "war on drugs." There are many helpful things out there that nature provides. And yeah it causes people to feel a bit giddy.

So on one hand the USA is saying "God Bless America," and the UK says "God save the Queen" which signifies a belief in "God" and everything that goes with it.

But then they turn around and say marijuana, mushrooms, peyote are "bad" for you and classified as illegal drugs. Is '___' too? I forget.

So while they believe in "God," and then say natural sources of feel-good plant material is bad? So, God made a mistake?

Now, street drugs like meth and crack are bad because they are mixed with chemicals. Kinda reminds me of the Cheech and Chong movie when that chick snorted Ajax. lol

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Here's a good video about "M"
He talks about how he fought the war on drugs.
And how "M" is more effective then all the other pain meds hes taken.

Enjoy^^

youtube

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The "War on Drugs" is a crock. It is nothing more than a caste system. A way to disempower and dispossess the poor. Get caught with anything in your car, and your car becomes property of the government as you are carted away to jail. And jail, for these crimes, by the way, doesn't really involve too much serving of "time". What it does involve is costly fines and probation fees.

You might as well call the "War on Drugs" a hidden taxation system.

Have you ever given a loved one a pill that was prescribed to you? I think we all have. A pain pill, when they hurt? Or a sleeping pill when they can't sleep? Maybe a Xanax or a Valium when they've undergone some sort of sincere traumatic experience? According to the "War on Drugs" you are a felon, worthy of long term incarceration and massive financial penalties.

People can source rampant armies of crack dealers toting AK-47's as a defining and sincere reason for these types of laws. But, really... I will be 42 years old in a couple of weeks, I have lived in some very bad neighborhoods, and I have never even seen crack OR an AK-47. I don't doubt that these are real problems in certain places. But are they rampant enough problems to declare "war" and to subject an entire population to extreme laws? I honestly think not.

The entire "War on Drugs" is a farce. I don't even use drugs and this is apparent to me. When they began seizing property from just about anyone who possessed drugs... Cars and houses, I knew trouble was afoot. It isn't a war. It IS a revenue device. It is arbitrary (Ever read of a celebrity heroin addict having their car seized or sold when they got busted?). And it allowed our police to go from folks who wore blue, waved when you passed them, and gave talks at grade schools - to turn into paramilitary thugs in black who carry large caliber weapons, consider everyone the enemy, and who live to make a bust.

It's sad. Drugs, in the big picture are destructive things, I think. I have seen drugs destroy individuals. I have seen them cause grief. But they didn't screw up an entire society. It took declaring "war" upon them for that to happen.

It probably doesn't help, either, that the US Government is probably the biggest drug cartel in the world.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I will ask a question that every single person should ask themselves:

If we needed a constitutional amendment to outlaw alcohol, why don't we need one to outlaw drugs?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Legal Drugs Kill Far More Than Illegal, Florida Says

War on drugs is killing people! Legal drugs killing people!

MDMA is one of the safest drugs ever!

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Since I found out about drugs, I've known why its illegal. Its not hard to figure out. Its an endless resource and endless demand, and its easier to make money with it illegal as opposed to being legal. They can be the main source of distribution. They can then arrest you and gain more money, then re-sell and gain more money, arrest again... its kinda brilliant, though terribly, terribly wrong. If it were legal they wouldn't make a cent off of it.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Nice.... War on our souls. I like that.

It has also been called for a war on our minds. But it is all the same. They want to control us.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
as said earlier on this thread the lab made drugs are bad for u, wither they are legal or illegal.But that in itself make su wonder who invinted crack?? who invinted meth ??? who is invinting these bad lab drugs??? ...... Drug Manufacture's..... so in essence all the Bad drugs out there are realy fruits of the goverment/drug companys labours.Shamans of old didnt have this debate becuse there where no lab made drugs.Thats the realy conspiricy, create bad drugs, and imprison those who dont pay the drug companys for there drugs,but go to cheap street chemist for them.
let me have some peyote,or mushrooms , or mary jane.
ill leave the bad drug for the consumers,and goverment made addics to thin the population.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
its a very interesting theory.

the war on the scourge of hard drugs like heroin, crack and meth etc can only be right due to the damage to users and society at whole it causes

but the war on other drugs such as ecstacy and cannabis, and trips like ketamine lsd and mushrooms could very well be for this reason.

many of the users of these drugs are everyday people who have had recreational experiences with these substances, many still hold down jobs or go to college.

we cant forgot the aincient shamans who helped the build the very foundations of our society, getting off of their faces and having epiphanies and coming up with philosophies.

Heres an interesting thing that happened with me in aroung april this year... i was round my mates flat at uni and took 3 ecstacy pills and smoked some weed (i'm sorry, you will have to take my word for this because i have no proof but i can assure you it is true and users of these drugs will have had similar deep conversations). my mate is really into his physics and we got into a deep conversation about the nature of the universe and god. I know nothing about physics and failed my a level in maths so i can't even begin to understand the complexities of the universe, but in my intoxicated state, i came to the realisation that the universe was a fractal, saying this to my mate.

Like i said i know NOTHING about physics...

New Scientist, June 2008... space.newscientist.com...

"Galaxy map hints at fractal universe"

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
i dont technically even know what a fractal is, its just something i remember them as these wierd computerised pictures from an old inspector morse (cherubim and seraphim) where these kids hold acid house raves in the early 90's and get pilled off their faces, with lewis's explanation of the fractal being simply "from chaos comes order". It seemed to make a lot of sense when i was pilled up.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Firstly, people should be able to put into their bodies whatever the hell they want as long as it doesn't harm another human being on this planet.

I have tried a fair few hallucinogenic drugs (and others) in my time and I have plans to use a lot more. They have been used for thousands of year as spiritual tools of insight in tribal cultures.

Personally I think all drugs should be legal, if you want to destroy your body then you should be allowed to, suicide is legal after all.

There is a lot more here than the "It's bad for ya!" nannying of the government.

In the early 50's to late 60's the US and British governments experimented with '___' as a weapon to be used in war. They found that after testing the drug on military servicemen, the servicemen no long wanted to be in the army. If this isn't a testament to psychedelic drugs mind expanding properties I don't know what is.

I'd post more but I'd prefer to lay back and just wait for any questions anyone has. I'm pretty knowledgeable on this subject so just ask!

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sc2099

Its fine going on about the damage done to the body by all these drugs, i agree artificially made drugs do you no good whatsoever, Natural occurring drugs however have been proven time and again to aid the body in some way, some will even argue that the point of banning these drugs is because of the behaviour of the user? the real reasons are , the drug companies dont want people going out and growing their own remedies, the insurance companies dont want people getting better, which is what would happen in droves once word was out, and the OP is right, some natural drugs, intensify the shamanic abilities of the human brain, which the PTB definitely dont want.

For thousands and thousands of years, Indigenous people used natural plants to cross the astral plane into the worlds of the Ancestors, and argue if you want they did just fine until Europeans turned up, and that is a fact on every continent.

Finally id like to point out that although some drugs do damage the body, humans seem to over look one thing, and i have never seen any research other than the beauty companies to counter act this most destructive force, this most corrosive, body destroying nasty piece of work, and we all of us rely on it every second of our lives, Oxygen, it destroys practicaly everything it comes into contact with, and is the biggest cause of aging ever known, yet we (apart from the vain plastic folk) hardly ever sit and worry about what it does to us every second we live, and not a thin we can do to solve the problem, ive often wondered if we found an alternative that we could live and breath, would the human live expectancy go over 500 yrs.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I think that the 'war on drugs' is a sham.

Most of the points have been made already, but from what I see if governments were serious in their attempts to prevent the population taking drugs, they would have done it.

All they need to do is buy the drugs at source and destroy them. To be able to afford this they could utilise the money they are currently wasting in the 'war'. And the money used to try and 'solve' the social problems caused by drugs being illegal and expensive.

Further, there is supposed to be a food shortage coming (or here already).
If it was lucrative enough the farmers who are currently growing poppies etc could be persuaded to grow food crops instead.

As far as drugs being illegal goes, I think that whatever a person puts into their own body, however ill-advised, is their own business - as long as they stay home or somewhere safe when they do it. If they insist on driving while under the influence or making a nuisance of themselves they should be subject to the same penalties as those under the influence of alcohol.

The fact that drugs, natural or otherwise, are so easy to come by and are available in such abundance would lead a suspicious person to wonder if there wasn't some hidden agenda(!).

Are governments making money out of clandestinely supplying drugs? A smart government would allow big businesses to take over the manufacture and distribution of drugs and slap a tax on them. Then you'd get a guaranteed revenue that wouldn't cost you the price of having the police rounding up members of the public in the hope they were carrying drugs.

Of course, you'd need a clever campaign to get some members of the public to go along with legalisation, but that should be no problem. Look what they have already persuaded people was a good idea over the last few years.

I don't know whether or not there is a conspiracy to target those taking 'natural' drugs to stop them expanding their minds.

From some of the points I've read here (and elsewhere), it seems the conspiracy is to allow drugs to become freely available whilst pretending to try and curb their use. If it's not about financial gain, I'd think it was just another means to control the public, but not specifically on a spiritual level.

By 'control the public' I don't mean just by stopping them taking drugs or criminalising them for doing so. Control could include (covertly)encouraging drug use.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by berenike]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Hi guys and gals, Im a newbie here (post wise) but have been reading ATS for the past few weeks and have to say I really enjoy it!

As for this war on Drugs malarkey.. I have dabbled a bit in my time with Mary Joanna. Now Im not for it or against it. It has opened my mind - I give it that and Im thankful for it. However I believe the only reason it is illegal is because the government (im in Ireland here BTW) cant make any money form it if legalised because if it were, everyone would grow it for themselves. Being Irish, I enjoy my alcohol - but believe me.. I have never once gotten into a confrontational situation when stoned - something I cannot say about being drunk. The benefits of M (Im assuming we are talking the same thing here - not mushrooms) is well documented.. I have first hand experience.. My mum asked me to get her some for her sister who was dying from cancer.. and my mum is one of the most legally sound people you could meet. Sorry if Im not as articulate as most posters on this site.. English lit was never my strong point at school.. but I just wanted to say my piece.. and also say Hello to all ATS members.. you have all increased my knowledge 10 fold and I thank you for it!

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ceara
Is '___' too? I forget.

Yep. '___' is "illegal" too.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by pimpdogg
its a very interesting theory.

the war on the scourge of hard drugs like heroin, crack and meth etc can only be right due to the damage to users and society at whole it causes

Not even. If this is a good reason to war on drug users, it's a good reason to war on ice cream eaters (ice cream is one of the worst when it comes to causing heart disease) or french fry eaters... Or people who don't use a condom in casual sex.

Any repressive attempts to govern personal choice - drugs or otherwise - gives power over the citizen's freedom, making them unfree.

[edit on 7/2/2008 by Amaterasu]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join