It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Research hints of real reason for war on drugs

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I have long been of the opinion that the most fundamental motive for the war on drugs, is to attempt to prevent people reaching a higher state of spiritual awareness by using drugs as an adjunctive tool.

Despite the millions of innocent incarcerated world wide, costs in the trillions of dollars and a mounting body of evidence of the benefits of many of the so called "illegal" drugs, a bogus and futile war, driven by fear, is being waged with increasing desperation.

And while huge profits for private prisons, drug cartels, and the security industry, excuses for increased police powers and the just shear megalomania-cal bent of our politicians provide motive enough, there are deeper and more sinister forces at work.

Perhaps these criminals are afraid that too many people are reaching a level of consciousness where they can easily distinguish the truth from a lie, where spiritual values take precedence over the desire for personal wealth and power, and where people gain more insight and respect for their world and the people they share it with.

Or maybe our purported lawmakers and the power elite are unconsciously afraid, that shamanic authority might begin to manifest (again) on a widespread scale. An authority that can not be bought by all their ill gotten gains , nor attained by force of their military might - an authority that they cannot control.

For deep down, what really terrifies these people, is the emergence of a phenomena that they would not, indeed, could not, possibly comprehend.

For the war on drugs, is really a war on our souls.

Research hints of real reason for war on drugs

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Here's a good (if a bit crudely produced) analysis...

current.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Something that the Anti-War on Drugs crowd never addresses is how bad for the human body drugs are. Heroin, Crack, Ice, Meth literally destroy the user's body in a short period of time (short relative to less lethal drugs such as alcohol, cigarettes, or marijuana). Nothing that consumes the user's body as fast as he can smoke it is good for him.

Not only is use of these drugs physically debilitating, but it is socially debilitating as well. Everyone has seen crackheads on the street before. Do you know why they live on the street and not in a home with a family? Because they spent all their money on crack! It's the same with Meth and Ice and all the other drugs made from brake fluid and rat poison.

And how about opiate users? They have the same pathetic lives as other drug users which are hopelessly centered around addiction. China fought a war with Britain more than once to keep British opium out of the country as it was literally laying it to ruin because of epidemic addiction.

Now if something is so ridiculously toxic that it destroys the body, ruins the life of the user, and leads them to a lonely death in the gutter, how exactly is it good for the soul as the OP suggests? What a crock.

I'm not saying I believe the War on Drugs is being logically executed or is even working; what I am saying is that drugs are bad for people and that fact is self evident.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sc2099
Something that the Anti-War on Drugs crowd never addresses is how bad for the human body drugs are. Heroin, Crack, Ice, Meth literally destroy the user's body in a short period of time (short relative to less lethal drugs such as alcohol, cigarettes, or marijuana). Nothing that consumes the user's body as fast as he can smoke it is good for him.

Oh you are sold the bill of goods, I can see. What is the most popular "illegal" drug...? As this is not in RATS, I will not name it. But it starts with an "M."

How bad "M" is for the body? Lessee... It has never caused a death in 5,000 years of use, does not cause emphysema, prevents cancer, relieves stress and pain, helps anorexics eat, prevents glaucoma, treats Alzheimers, Multiple Sclerosis, and many other ills.

It infuriates me that this "bad for you" creppola is thrown out as if there is a justification for this liberty-robbing, Bill-of-Rights-destroying, police-state-making War on (some people who use some) Drugs!

60 Minutes did a thing a number of years back which showed that pure heroin has no OD point (that they could find) and did no damage other than addict the user, and the problem with it was the impurities the drug is cut with on the black market to make a buck.

Crack-heads need treatment and compassion, not jail time and being made into criminals (not to mention that if it was available and cheap legitimately, they likely would not be on the street, committing crimes like robbery to get it. Same with all the other drugs.

What is "socially debilitating" is the effing laws!

I'm not saying I believe the War on Drugs is being logically executed or is even working; what I am saying is that drugs are bad for people and that fact is self evident.

There should be NO War on (some people who use some) Drugs. The fact is that all the prescription drugs could have the exact same issues brought up about them seems to be missing from your view. Most of them create debilitating side effects (something "M" does not do) that require more drugs to treat and so on in a vicious cycle.

But of course, they can't patent "M" or heroin or the rest of the natural drugs. And THAT is a main reason they are warring on people who use the natural drugs and don't pay them for the drugs they push.

Wake up, dude.

[edit on 7/1/2008 by Amaterasu]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Something that the Anti-War on Drugs crowd never addresses is how bad for the human body drugs are.

Thanks for the response

Indeed the "Anti-War on Drugs crowd" seems to always be addressing this and pointing out the facts;

Namely that the excessive, and negligent use of any drug can lead to adverse sometimes, disastrous effects and that many illegal drugs are in this respect, far safer than legal ones.

As Amaterasu has so well outlined the arguments here, (and added some important points that I left out on my OP) I won't continue.

Certainly the researchers at John Hopkins seem not to agree with you:

"produces substantial spiritual effects, a Johns Hopkins team reports that those beneficial effects appear to last more than a year"

[edit on 1-7-2008 by thepresidentsbrain]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
But of course, they can't patent "M" or heroin or the rest of the natural drugs

Good point, something I should have stated in my OP.

However Im not sure if such is the "main " motive.

Im suggesting that there is a HUGE conspiracy here that goes back thousands of years and dictate all that the elite do .

It is a conspiracy to prevent us from knowing who, or perhaps more importantly, what, we are.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I'm not sure if it's a necessarily spiritual experience, but I do agree that there is definitely some self-analysis that goes on when doing hallucinogens. I think because it's such a unique experience, it is heavily engrained in our memory afterwards. I've done my fair share of experimenting, and I agree that not all drugs have the same self-analyzing effect. Salvia for instance, I think I can name it because it's still "legal", has had a similar effect on me and my friends. We all see/thought the same things, that the world needs to change and we are all meaningless individuals, just grains of sand on a beach. We all also saw the "Earth Mother", or basically a lady in white that just radiated peace.

Personally, I think it's people that are the problem not drugs. If someone wants to destory their life, they'll find a way, be it meth, ignoring their family, gambling, adultery, etc. I do feel there is a benefit to having your sanity stripped for a few hours atleast once in your life, just to see how close to the brink of madness we really are. Everything in life is an illusion, drugs just emphasize this fact. So I don't think we'd go to a shamanistic type set up again, I do think though, that if drugs were legal, kids would find out that DARE and all our anti-drug programs are lies. Legalization of drugs is just one step in the eventual freeing of mankind from one of the many control mechanisms of the power elite, so it won't happen in all probability.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

You seem to have trouble reading posts that disagree with your opinion. So for your benefit I will reiterate.

I never said that M. is horrible for the body. In fact, I said that it isn't nearly as bad as the drugs such as Crack, Meth, etc. which are made from poison.

It infuriates me that this "bad for you" creppola is thrown out as if there is a justification for this liberty-robbing, Bill-of-Rights-destroying, police-state-making War on (some people who use some) Drugs!

It infuriates you that drugs are actually bad for health? I'm sorry to hear that.

pure heroin has no OD point (that they could find) and did no damage other than addict the user,

LOL you are saying that addiction doesn't do damage to a person's life. Mkay...I guess all the heroin addicts who have ruined their credit, lost their homes, lost their teeth, and can't get a job because their arms show tracks are doing just fine by your standards. All the pollutants in the world didn't cause these problems; addiction did.

The rest of your post is a poorly executed attempt to promote the legalization of drugs. Ok, that's your stance. However, no amount of opinions can change the fact that addiction to drugs has negative effects on drug users, which I have already mentioned in this and my previous post. And as I also mentioned in my previous post, I don't agree with the way the "War on Drugs" has been executed up to this point and I never said I believe it is achieving its goal. So no, you are incorrect when you say

Oh you are sold the bill of goods, I can see

I am not arguing the merits of the War on Drugs. I am arguing the health and social problems caused by addiction and injestion of harmful chemicals, regardless of their legality.

One more thing. I am not a dude.

For thepresidentsbrain:

Indeed the "Anti-War on Drugs crowd" seems to always be addressing this and pointing out the facts; Namely that the excessive, and negligent use of any drug can lead to adverse sometimes, disastrous effects and that many illegal drugs are in this respect, far safer than legal ones.

None of this was mentioned in the OP.

Certainly the researchers at John Hopkins seem not to agree with you:

That's funny, I didn't see Meth, Ice, Crack, or any of the other drugs I mentioned as being severely harmful talked about in the study. In fact, I didn't even mention mushrooms, which was the only drug the article talked about, in my previous post because I am unaware of any harmful effects resulting from their use. I suspect that the article didn't mention the positive spiritual aspects of using Meth and Crack for the simple and obvious yet elusive reason that there are none, while there are a host of negative effects of using these drugs.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I wonder perhaps , if sc2099 is not attempting to hijack this thread and turn it into a debate about the physical affects or non affects of drug use - always a worthwhile debate but somewhat off topic.

So I would like to hear peoples thoughts on what I suggest is the mother of all conspiracies, where the war on drugs is just the front line.

A CONSPIRACY TO PREVENT US FROM KNOWING WHAT WE ARE

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
It's a crime that it's a crime for me to experience the depths of my own consciousness. No one has the right to tell me what I can or can not put into my own body.

We have an entire population with medicine cabinets full of prescription drugs and their various side effects. Yet using natural plants such as shrooms or cannabis will turn us into an ordinary criminal and potentially land us in a cell along with rapists and murderers. There's no logic in that.

Just follow the money-trail. Our own justice system is being used against us.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kruel
It's a crime that it's a crime for me to experience the depths of my own consciousness

Now we are getting to the whole purpose of this thread

Why would the power elite not want us to experience the depths of our own consciousness?

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepresidentsbrain

But of course, they can't patent "M" or heroin or the rest of the natural drugs

Good point, something I should have stated in my OP.

However Im not sure if such is the "main " motive.

You may note I said "a" main motive... Not "the" main motive. [smile]

Im suggesting that there is a HUGE conspiracy here that goes back thousands of years and dictate all that the elite do .

It is a conspiracy to prevent us from knowing who, or perhaps more importantly, what, we are.

Oh, you have nailed it completely.

Have you read the Terra Papers...?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I think the purpose of the drug laws is to make more criminals out of more people. It is big business here housing criminals. Also , the more people with felonies, the more people that can not own a weapon.

Ama

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

reply to post by Amaterasu

You seem to have trouble reading posts that disagree with your opinion. So for your benefit I will reiterate.

I never said that M. is horrible for the body. In fact, I said that it isn't nearly as bad as the drugs such as Crack, Meth, etc. which are made from poison.

It's not "nearly as bad," Ma'am. It's GOOD for you.

It infuriates you that drugs are actually bad for health? I'm sorry to hear that.

Who was saying something about "have[ing] trouble reading posts that disagree with [one's] opinion?" I roll my eyes.

pure heroin has no OD point (that they could find) and did no damage other than addict the user,

LOL you are saying that addiction doesn't do damage to a person's life. Mkay...I guess all the heroin addicts who have ruined their credit, lost their homes, lost their teeth, and can't get a job because their arms show tracks are doing just fine by your standards. All the pollutants in the world didn't cause these problems; addiction did.

Yep. I'm saying that if this specific drug is clean, legal and cheap, mere addiction does no damage. The reason the heroin addicts ruin their lives as you have described is because the drugs are adulterated, illegal and expensive. And heroin is not the cause of tooth loss if it is injected. All other issues you mention are NOT because of the addiction... They are because of the LAWS. I roll my eyes.

The rest of your post is a poorly executed

ROFL

attempt to promote the legalization of drugs. Ok, that's your stance. However, no amount of opinions can change the fact that addiction to drugs has negative effects on drug users, which I have already mentioned in this and my previous post.

The LAWS make addiction an issue. If we are to legislate all things that are a poor choice to do to one's body, let's outlaw Micky D's fries. Let's outlaw ice cream (which seems to bring on heart disease faster than most foods). Oh, oh! There's so MUCH freedom we can rob from our citizens! FORCE them to avoid rock climbing! Spy on them to make sure they are using a condom!

I roll my eyes.

And as I also mentioned in my previous post, I don't agree with the way the "War on Drugs" has been executed up to this point

Watch the commercials for zanax and enbril and ad infinitum on TV and you can see it is not a war on drugs - how does one war with an inanimate object? It is a war on some people (people being the only thing one can war on) who use some drugs - all of which are unpatentable.

and I never said I believe it is achieving its goal. So no, you are incorrect when you say

Oh you are sold the bill of goods, I can see

I am not arguing the merits of the War on Drugs. I am arguing the health and social problems caused by addiction and injestion of harmful chemicals, regardless of their legality.

But you are. You start out at the get-go with the term "the Anti-War on Drugs crowd." This must mean you are a Pro-War on (some people who use some) Drugs crowd constituent. You are supporting keeping them illegal.

Why is it YOUR (or government's) place to decide what a person may choose to injure themselves with? That's FREEDOM, baby, and I bet you think you're a patriotic sort supporting the Land of the Free.

One more thing. I am not a dude.

Sorry. I call everyone, male or female, "dude." I will refrain if it is something you choose to be offended about.

[edit on 7/1/2008 by Amaterasu]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepresidentsbrain
I wonder perhaps , if sc2099 is not attempting to hijack this thread and turn it into a debate about the physical affects or non affects of drug use - always a worthwhile debate but somewhat off topic.

So I would like to hear peoples thoughts on what I suggest is the mother of all conspiracies, where the war on drugs is just the front line.

A CONSPIRACY TO PREVENT US FROM KNOWING WHAT WE ARE

Ooops. Sorry. Heh. That's what I get for responding before reading all the following posts. Please forgive me.

Yes, I am sure they do not want us to awaken to our true nature. Again... Have you read the Terra Papers? [smile]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine
I think the purpose of the drug laws is to make more criminals out of more people. It is big business here housing criminals. Also , the more people with felonies, the more people that can not own a weapon.

The more people in prison, the more slave workers, the more product can be produced cheaply and sold for high profit, and the more inmates the more the prison owners are paid by the government...

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Yes, I am sure they do not want us to awaken to our true nature. Again... Have you read the Terra Papers? [smile]

Not yet sorry to say - thanks for the link

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   

...you can see it is not a war on drugs - how does one war with an inanimate object? It is a war on some people (people being the only thing one can war on)...

Brilliant, so let me see if I have this straight

Not only are these criminals trying to prevent us from knowing what we are, they are at war on anyone who chooses to attempt to find out.

[edit on 1-7-2008 by thepresidentsbrain]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
The war on drugs is nothing more than a government propaganda piece designed to justify ever increasing law enforcement presence and budgets. Do you think they would ever have been able to justify the ever increasing police force in this country without the evil demon drugs? The war on drugs, pure and simple, has done nothing but increase crime rates, incarceration rates, and violent offenses in defense of one's illicit business just as prohibition did. The war on drugs is a sham and I spit in the face of anyone who endorses or supports it in any way. Take your personal judgment and beliefs somewhere else and leave me to do as I please in my space. Nuff said!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join