It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starlike objects that move strangely in the sky

page: 27
<< 24  25  26   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by justjoemusic

edit on 16-8-2011 by kylet4411 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I am seeing very similar objects over Mechanicsburg PA just southwest of Harrisburg.
At about 10p.m. on august 12th 2011 I stepped outside to walk my dog and noticed a plane extremely high and moving very slow from southwest to northeast. I told my father to look at this plane he came out and me and him were discussing the weird vibrating motion it appeared to have and then I noticed another one not far behind it and as my sight became obstructed by a tree I noticed what I first thought to be a bluish white star to the southwest of me, to be changing from a blue to white to red several times in a random sequence. After about 1-2 minutes passed I noticed it was moving up and down and side to side as if it were hovering. The more I watched, it became apparent to me that the lights were going around an object of an undetermined size. I could see that the lights would go to the right and left because of the dimming effect it would have compared to the lights flashing directly towards me. I and my father watched this for about 10-15 minutes. My father was very skeptical of what he was seeing so he went back into the apartment. I followed shortly after to let the dog back inside. I walked upstairs to look out of my window to see if the object was still there, it was and was a little better view for me as it appeared to be a bit higher in the sky. I continued to watch and I began to realize that I had not seen any commercial airplanes flying overhead the entire time. Which is unusual because a lot of air traffic passes over head going to the Harrisburg International Airport and a lot of helicopters fly overhead going to and from the naval depot which is very close to my apartment? I decided to go back out front to continue observing the object. I watched it for a while it seemed to be continue the same movements and light changes. Then it stopped changing lights and was only red with a hint of purple to blue on the edges. For the first time I could see a dark almost flat black shape of the object I could only see above the lights could not see and shape to it below the lights. It began to change lights again and I could not see the flat black shape anymore. I started to wonder if my eyes were playing tricks on me from focusing on it for such a long time so I went inside and had a glass of juice and sat down for a few minutes. After I finished my juice I grabbed the garbage to take out with me when I heard a helicopter flying and could tell it was moving faster and lower than the normal helicopters I see and hear on a regular basis. When I got outside the object was gone and I could hear the chopper but could not see it what so ever. As I was scanning the skies to see if the object had moved I noticed several jets flying very fast and high all from the northwest to the southeast where the object previously was. I knew these were not commercial because they were going too fast, they were to small, and their red and blue wing lights were flashing different from anything that I had seen before. They did not have any lights on in the front of the aircraft. It was a very clear sky and a full moon so I could actually see the flat grey paint on the belly of a few of the jets, which pretty much confirmed to me that they were u.s. military fighter jets. I then heard a very loud noise from the north and it was a very big plane which looked like a C-130 gunship to me. It was very low and very loud. I then started to hear a very strange fast grinding noise and was unsure of the cause. This noise happened several times each lasting a few seconds. Shortly after those noises I heard what sounded like an explosion from the northwest. I also began hearing at least one maybe more helicopters from the same direction which had became very hazy almost like smoke across the sky to the northwest. I seen a few more jets coming from the southeast and once they got to cloudy area I did not see any jets for quite some time. I could hear a helicopter going back and forth from north to south with a jet which was flying much lower than the other jets because I could actually hear its engines much clearer. They seemed to be doing a grid type search pattern or there might have been 2 sets of them circling around something. I could not see them because of this cloud which by this time I started to beleave was a smoke cloud because of the strong gunpowder smell that was coming with it. I heard multiple police sirens heading their direction. It seemed to be hours of the jet and chopper back and forth from north to south. Around 1a.m. my mother came outside because she had to pick my brother up from work. She asked me to ride with which I did because the activity had really died down. She also immediately noticed the gunpowder smell. The smell also had a pungent odor which I had never smelled before. The smell was much different from the smell of fireworks which I find to be a good smell this was overpowering at times and very strange to me. I am sure I am forgetting a few details but this pretty much what I experienced last night into early this morning.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Hey guys,

I went to a star-gazing trip to Stonehenge, got a van, parked on a field road and watched. I chose Stonehenge due to its fabled Ley Line location. I think there's a lot more related between these locations and these UFO's than we think. Especially if megaliths such as Stonehenge draw and magnify telluric energy from the earth...

We saw exactly this phenomenon. We spotted a 'moving star' - it was peculiar because it was so high up, had no flashing lights and was moving intelligently. It was winding, speeding, slowing, until finally it stopped behind a tiny cloud (the only cloud in the sky) emitted a large flash, then shot to the ground and disappeared silently, smoothly and ridiculously quickly.

I'm now convinced that this phenomenon is something even NASA are trying to understand. It was otherworldly and amazing.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by justjoemusic

Yeah they are no little aliens but I have seen some very strange stars myself lately. One night while walking the dog and having a smoke I saw what looked like a bright star and then I seen an airplane pass over the dam thing. A few seconds later it turned off like a light bulb then reappeared in a different place.

I have also noticed some very orange stars lately moving around in the sky, not rapidly but enough to know they are not stars. Its pretty obvious when there are white stars behind them.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
There's lots of satellites out there to see. I saw the Russian Space station reentering many years ago. They were boosting it through the atmosphere and it was zigzagging all over the place. It came around about three times before it disappeared. I didn't know what it was at the time but knew it was not an alien spaceship. I couldn't imagine aliens driving like that unless they were very drunk.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
well this is my first post, taken a while to decide to do something about it. Moving star is about the best description i could use. Last week, sat 1st september at 8 pm, went upstairs whilst at work for a quick smoke. I looked into the sky (central west area in NSW AUS) as where i am the sky is so clear you can see the glow of the milky way and the stars are awsome, anyway, i noticed this really bright light, like a bright star/sattelite moving really fast through the sky, thought it was a fast moving sattelite at first, thats what caught my eye, i thought wow that is going quick for a sattelite. Then it all started, the thing slowed down to about half speed, made a huge "c:" shape turn, sped up again, then did two quick zig zags across the sky and then came back to about the point where it started the initial "c" manouvore then shot off to the right at about an angle of 30 degrees at some speed which was not a shooting star or sattleite. I was shocked, i dont know what i was feeling but for some strange reason my eyes were watering a little, my heart rate was up a little and i felt a bit strange yet happy ?. I am not some weirdo, i spent over ten years in the military and my current job is one of supervision/management and this this was absolutley no balloon/sattleite/chopper/jet, the way it changed direction and stopped etc would cause who ever was driving the thing one to have one major headache. I spent the next two days trying to come up with reasons to why i did not see it, but i did, no matter how hard i try, it was real and i am so, so happy i did see it. Hope someone can get something from this or offer an explination to what it was, cheers Gazza

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Me and my cousin experienced exactly the same thing about 10 years ago.
I was at my cousins place which is a farm in the middle of the Devon countryside, the farms is miles away from towns, main roads and street light so not only is the view of the sky incredible there but if you go out at night its absolutely silent.
We had been out one night shooting rabbits with a torch, as we were walking back to the farm house I said 'lets lie down and look at the stars', we did and we saw exactly what you described. There were 2 lights that looked pretty much exactly like stars (maybe a little brighter). There was no sound, and they appeared to be far out in space. The 'lights' were moving slowly across the sky and then one of them stopped, we continued to watch the lights change direction dramatically, stop, start and eventually disappear - I think they just vanished into the distance but this part is a little fuzzy in my memory. I do remember that we were very scared and ran inside and spoke to my aunty and uncle about it. We went out a couple of nights later and saw exactly the same thing.

I'm not evangelical about UFO's and don't even know where I stand on the subject but I've never been able to figure out what I saw that night.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I see these all the time. They change into planes after rising up.. One night 6 in a row rose up and changed into a plane.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Hey I would love for you to message me, I have some things I wanna ask you because I know what you are seeing and I've flashed them with I light before and they always flash back. Also, I saw one go under a very large plane so it's a illusion of them being far up. The Stars make it tricky. a reply to: justjoemusic

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: tgwright1

Greetings from Croatia

I live in the town of Pula, Istrian peninsula, Croatia and i have seen many objects in the night and day sky like you did but i want to tell you about an event i experienced about 6 months ago.
It was around 2am when me and my girlfriend were leaving my friends building and i got the "feeling" i have to look up at the sky. i saw a transparent cloud in the sky and a tiny (as it looked from my perspective) star like object- a dot in the middle of the cloud and as soon i layed my eyes on it, it vanished without a trace i half of a second!!! Why it has disapeared so quickly as soon as i looked at it and was it "looking" back at me...? That felling to look up- an intuition or maybe "it" wanted me to look up i really have no explanation except it felt really spooky yet i felt no fear or discomfort. i believe in the spiritual world and have experienced a lot of stuff regarding that so my only question is: what was that and why it was looking back at me? I find no other explanation of it dissapearing in like warp 20 speed as soon i made eye contact. My girlfriend didnt saw it as she was walking to our car but i did and am i glad it all happened and maybe one day i will find out what was that curious little bright dot in the sky looking back at me. A bit similar to your story

Feel free to contact me if you like

best regards

Alen

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I could have sworn I already commented on this thread.

I saw very similar "stars" within the big dipper. In fact, earlier this year, I had been in the backyard several nights in a row. I pointed out the big dipper to my wife one night, the following night I asked her if she could find it herself and she did, and the following night, I was outside by myself. I was looking in the general vicinity of the dipper, but something was different. I couldn't figure it out. I stared at the pattern in the sky until ai realized that I was looking right at the big dipper again, but this time, there were 3 or 4 extra "stars" in the constellation.

The moment I figured out I was looking at the big dipper, these extra points of light floated out of position and faded out of sight over the course of a few seconds. It was like a puzzle. These strange lights read my mind and disappeared the exact moment I solved it.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: justjoemusic
How could those moving stars possibly be explained as sattelites?? Those solar panels are likely less reflective than mirrors. As far as I know you have to hold a mirror in perfect allignment with the viewer to reflect the sun into their eyes.. I've tried to do this at a distance with a large mirror to signal someone.. It's not easy to point a large mirror at someone a mile away...
How the hell can sattelites reflect the sun at the viewer all the way across the sky??
Shouldn't we only see a glint as the solar panels move into that "sweet spot" where the sun reflects into the observers eye?
I dunno.... 💫
I've seen them get brighter then super intense then fade in pulses.. Doesn't sound like solar panels to me..

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I see fake stars and fake planes every day. You are not alone.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Farlander

Man this thread is amazing to read.
Roughly 2009-2010 i was working at a airport in Phoenix,AZ - roughly 9-10PM. I was standing out on the ramp randomly looking up into the sky. I wasn't looking for anything in particular, I guess i was just bored. My eyes glanced over a single star that completely grabbed my attention. I felt like it was moving, but so slowly that my brain could not recognize the movement, So i tried to focus in on it and surrounding stars. I swear the millisecond i realized that this "star" was actually moving it accelerated and faded out within maybe half a second. It felt like it knew that i was staring at it and when i realized it wasn't a star it fled. If you make a L with your hand up put it up into the sky the distance between the thumb and index finger was roughly the distance visibly traveled.

Glad to know others have had the same experience

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I live in Mississippi and see them every night did any one ever figure it out?
edit on 10-3-2016 by Mississippimud because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Ok so I was just outside on my deck shamefully having a smoke. No clouds in the sky. I look up at there was a faint slightly warmer in hue colored star that was moving in one direction then turned right briefly then again turned another direction. It eventually stopped near another 'star' and stopped.I've seen two different things recently that were so unique I just had to start looking online and make sure I'm not the only one to have witnessed this before. Thank god I'm not the only one. Cool stuff really.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech
Hi guys I'm new however have been lurking in the shadows reading all the fascinating topics you all post.

Whilst I've not yet seen any of these strange star like lights I am drawn to a recurring thing you keep saying that they appear around the Big Dipper (Aka, Ursa Minor or as us Brits call it "The Plough"). Now you may say so what ? However I'd like to point you to a scary thread made a while back by a poster called D4rk Kn1ght, it's through his thread that I randomly found this website but in his prediction from this thread D4rk Kn1ght's Prediction he mentions this

"Every one apparently is going to see this chain of events play out in the sky." and "this starts real slow in 2007... leading to 2009"
"It will start with people reporting strange lights / colours / sounds from the sky. This will get more and more frequent over the years, and more and more people will panic. The people will see pictures /events in the sky. then they will see craft and the like in the skies, culminating with a night, where people will see, in the night sky, the stars of the plough dance and shift. they will dance and shift about, and then be seen to swoop down over the heads of people in the sky forming shapes and sounds..."

Sounds eerily familiar to what you guys are talking about all that is lacking however is the sounds, but it's far too similar to be dismissed I believe. Also for the past couple of years before even reading about all these end world prophecies & predictions I have had a feeling that something big is going to happen in the not to distant future, these increased sightings only strengthen that feeling and it scares me

[edit on 2/7/08 by Discotech]

Hi Disco

Yes - I was thinking the same thing too and this point has remained with me since.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   

I see them too, and have for years. I have seen them hide in constellations, as well as perform amazing maneuvers,wobble around while remaining mostly stationary, and take off at incredible speed. They blink out sometimes. I first noticed them about twenty years ago, but I have seen them regularly since my wife and I had two close encounters with UFO's about Six years ago. We see them about two to three times a week now

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
So im guessing we need to start a club. Lol I live in the Tx Panhande. I see these lights all the time. I was thinking I was seein things. I was beginning to think I was being watched by feds and Im not a criminal. Idk what they are but its very strange nonetheless. I bet they are getting ready for end of days. Fixin to round up the conservatives hahahaha. Creepy

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Last night around 9pm my friend called me outside. There was what looked like 10 bright stars with the same gap between them in a line in the sky. At first I thought they were actually stars and started to comment how beautiful but strange it appeared.
Then I noticed more coming in a line through the sky. As they became visible the first group started to move in a straight line across the sky. The were all moving with a similar gap between each and in a straight line. There seemed to be around 30 plus of them and a couple further back. They got to a point in the sky and moved upwards out of sight until they all disappeared.
I’ve found nothing in the news about others sighting this or anything on the news.
Whatever it was, it was amazing to watch.
Does anyone know what I witnessed?
Australia NSW

<< 24  25  26   >>

join