It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why do YOU believe in GOD??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
why do you believe in God???

people create gods out of ignorance and fear and comfort...

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
God is a subjective term. Superior being is more to my liking. Why? Because of the odds. I think that the odds that we "evoled" are as great as the odds that there is no other beings in the universe with the billions and billions of planets.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Why? Because everything in life POINTS to a God. Not just the bible. Have you ever truly found God at all, or tried? If not, then you wouldn't know about it enough to say what you did. But yes, people who CREATE gods do so out of ignorance and fear and comfort, because they have not found or acknowledged the one God who CREATED THEM!

And, also I believe in God for what has happened in my life. I don't have time to say now, cuz I'm out the door, but I'll come back.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

Ignorance of what ? Fear of what ? Comfort ???

I do believe in God and I don't understand peoples who don't believe in God.

But I admit that I'm not sure anymore if the God of the Torah, the Bible and the Quran is really the God who has created the whole universe and all the lifeforms. It can be something(one) else. It's so easy to fool the poor humanbeings.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

Well we had some help by beings that didn�t have our best interest at heart, but that's another story. I believe in "God" because "God" in with in me. I exist therefore that greater power exist. We only use 10% of our brains. That is our conscious. If we used 20% 30 % even 50 % you wouldn't be asking this question. My belief is personal. I don't see God as most people do. I can't really explain it. The closest I can get to explain it is that "God" is everything and everything is "God". The sun and the starts are all a part of that driving force. We only see .00001 % o the reality that is out there. So how can we truly explain a force when we can�t even perceive our won reality.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I could say exactly the same thing about evolution.

If God exists it means that you need to change (sorry to be so personal I mean you in the wider frame). If God exists then were not just accidents, it means weve failed and need help, sometimes it hard to admit that.

I know God. He is very real and is changing lives as we speak. heres 2 C.S lewis quotes iv put one on another post, think about it.

If the solar system was brought about by an accidental collision, then the appearance of organic life on this planet was also an accident, and the whole evolution of Man was an accident too. If so, then all our present thoughts are mere accidents � the accidental by-product of the movement of atoms. And this holds for the thoughts of the materialists and astronomers as well as for anyone else�s. But if their thoughts � i.e. of materialism and astronomy � are merely accidental by-products, why should we believe them to be true? I see no reason for believing that one accident should be able to give me a correct account of all the other accidents. It�s like expecting that the accidental shape taken by the splash when you upset a milkjug should give you a correct account of how the jug was made and why it was upset.�

�Men became scientific because they expected Law in Nature, and they expected Law in Nature because they believed in a Legislator. In most modern scientists this belief has died: it will be interesting to see how long their confidence in uniformity survives it. Two significant developments have already appeared � the hypothesis of a lawless sub-nature, and the surrender of the claim that science is true. We may be living nearer than we suppose to the end of the Scientific Age.�

If you can actually back up your view with anything instead of just opinion it could help this topic.

I didnt come to God, he came to me. I didnt cry out for God, he cried out in pain on that cross when he took my shame.

evolution looks on sometings possitivly, it believes man is getting better. I believe we are getting worse.

Its a lot easyer to deny God than to aknowlegde him. It makes us feel safe to be in control. A belief in God isnt all comfort. If you believe in God you believe you are not in control. That makes things scary.

God has copme down to you but you ignore him. why?

I put forth that everyone once believed in God. In our society he gets placed in the same class as the easter bunny. Thats wrong. We are taught evolution is right and its stupid to believe in 7 day creation. Thats wrong.

We are taught lies, were taught to just believe the scientists when science actually contradicts itself.

The moto thing of this site says deny ignorance!!!!!!!

Do that find out about God, talk to some friends who are christians and ask them how he has changed them and helped them.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Why? Because everything in life POINTS to a God.

What is your definition of " Everything "?

I put forth that everyone once believed in God. In our society he gets placed in the same class as the easter bunny. Thats wrong. We are taught evolution is right and its stupid to believe in 7 day creation. Thats wrong.

We are taught lies, were taught to just believe the scientists when science actually contradicts itself.

Your telling me that religion does not contradict itself. Remember the means of communication you use in front of you is a venture of science. You will use science to justify religious vestiges than use science to condone science.

Evolution and the 7 day creation theory are two different extremes.

Evolution is a mutualy accepted universiality, while creation is confined to certain sects of religions.

Your analogy of God and the Easter Bunny does not make any sense. God is also accepted by many religions and Philosophies while even scientists such as , Einstien, Tesla, and Hawkings all believe in God.

The problem lies with " certain " religious viewpoints.

Deep

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
i DO belive in GOD but you have to QUESTION everything and NOT be a mindless slave...call it the DEVIL but im just using ma MIND to look at ALL sides of EVERYTHING...and it make you wonder...why is it AGAINST the catholic religion to read things that are questioning God's existance??? makes you think... REMEMBER: those who wait for Jesus, will be waiting for Him on the fence... that saying is in the bible (im not looking up the verse sorry) and it is saying to NOT choose sides...it is saying LOOK/EXAMINE at ALL possible reasons of EVERYTHING...

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
There are too many things that happen to people that can't be explained. I've witnessed near death situations, a person standing on the edge of the falls, fell over and somehow managed to hold onto a rock while his feet were dangling over the edge.

Heard stories about angels, my grandpa campbell coming to my mom in her sleep the day my grandma died.

Too many things that can't go unaccounted for. He's there, and he's the real deal.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Why do I believe in God?

Firstly, belief denotes something that is not 100%. I don't believe in God - I don't have to. I know He exists.

Secondly, I know Him because I chose to.
Ain't freewill great?

join