It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Image: Person standing on cliff?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I flipped the image and noticed a few interesting areas within the general location of the mentioned anomaly. I have highlighted below the patterns that caught my attention. The area appears to have many Cydonian characteristics, though my interpretation could very well be either wishful thinking or the product of over-analyzation. Anyway, flip the original raw image around for yourself and see what you can find.

How many faces do you see here?

I've highlighted a few of the things I see here (one face is very obvious):

Pyramids?

Highlighted:

Probably nothing more than spotting faces in the clouds, however the original anomaly drew my attention to the area. None of the other areas in the larger image have as many localized areas of interest IMO.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by super70

Dont know if anyone have seen this but ill post it anyways, there is 2 objects casting shadow in same area i have magnified picture a bit.

Nice detail! What software are you using?

Using Photoshop with some sharpening filters on.

On topic

Notice how the shadows of the 2 objects actually falls another way than the rest of shadows on the hires pic, also notice that their shadows are not the same angel thou as there was another lightsource somewere.

Best regards

Loke.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I chime in just in order to post a better res of the image, taken from IAS viewer:

Going to star & Flag this one ...

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I'd guess a plume or gas escaping, blown that direction by the wind.

Notice how it comes to a point. This is indicative of smoke being blown.

There is some thought that Mars is still geologically active.

2 cents.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

Flagged also that is amazing photo, shockingly interesting, when I first saw it i thought maybe it was something from the mars nasa program..if not nasa needs to investigate....I have always wondered if there were at some point a earth like mars that was either destroyed by a giant meteor or that we possibly left either way it would be amazing to find something like the washington monument.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I've a theory... and it's just a theory. I've no idea how plausible it may be. The terrain around the cliffs looks as though it was possibly cut by water, like the grand canyon was. What if it was a rocky asteroid or some other space debris that landed in really deep water. It could explain the lack of a crater and the like. Do we have any idea as to the scale of the object?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
That's so small how can you even see anything?
What the hell,,,

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I will bring this thread to ArMaP's attention because im sure he will be able to add more to this discussion than im able to:
anyway, in according to the data provided by hirise,

the solar incidence angle is the following:

so the elongation of the shadow is explained.

Im amazed by this find, it was almost impossible to spot this little white dot: this IS something worthy to be discussed: kudos to the OP.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Internos! Happy to see ya back :up

I was about to start worrying.....

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I don't see anything in the picture that really looks out of the ordinary. That long shadow seems to be the shadow of a long ledge or another side of the cliff.. Maybe I'm lookin in wrong spot. Tho if u look at the 1 picture, the whole mountain almost looks like a face. Its odd... ill keep looking at it.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

this face is almost above those things in ground up and a little to the right.

i see a eye and eyebrow nose mouth everything to make it look like a face.

and for some reason it looks like a American Indian .

does it look like a face to yall?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I have increased albedo and enlarged for a better view. It seems to me by looking at this larger cropped image that the top of this object has a prefectly round opening. To my it looks like a large vent, like a cooling tower.

Open image in browser:

www2.picturetrail.com...

I have also found smaller and more defined vents in several of the images from Spirit, like the image below:

pic40.picturetrail.com...

I have never presented this before due to some of the personal attacks I used to get when posting objects that I have found, but on SOL 228 Spirit navagation camera, a bright object was imaged. I first increased size by 1.5X and then the second crop at 5X. The results of the 5X image looks like the same triangle craft that has been reported hundreds of times in UFO circles.

pic40.picturetrail.com...

Just wanted to share, take care

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Mars loves to show us faces.

Like this face on a small rock just before Spirit reached Bonneville crater -

But this one has always been my favorite - notice the vessel or pot with very smooth sides and round opening sitting under the rock

I found this one interesting as well, this has a very unique shape for being a small rock.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Internos, thanks for all the in-depth information! Nice work!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
NO, thas definetly not a human, that owuld have to be one big human! that object, must be a mile tall, literally. All ic an think of, is its some kinda alien monument, or condensed ice ontop a tall cylindrical shped rock.
DEF unusual. Everything else around it, appears to be brown, and white/ghrey mixed. This object, is all by itself, and reflecting alot of light.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Every time I see these hires pictures I think why these guys do not take these high quality pics from "trees on mars" area, cydonia and so forth...

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Guys check the bottom right of the raw image, what is that shadow thing? it looks very odd.

Edit: actually there are many more in the picture, it does not look normal for a shadow, looks almost like giant see through blankets. lol

[edit on 26-6-2008 by _Phoenix_]

Anyone care to explain this please?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I believe the correct term when reffering to males is "camel tail", lol.

On subject, I too would like to know the scale of the photo. To those that think the posted photo is too dark, check out the original before bashing it. Neat pic in general though, whatever the object in question is.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I've been having a close-up look and have found 3 intriguing images.
First one looks like a huge ape's head.
Second one looks like a covered entrance to a tunnel.
Third one looks like 3 people leaning over a cliff edge.
Unfortunately, I can't upload them until I have 25 posts and this is only my 21st but if anyone would like to U2U me, I'd love to have others say what they see and will send them.
Really great thread. Thanks to all contributors.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join