It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official warning: Measles 'endemic' in Britain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Official warning: Measles 'endemic' in Britain

www.independent. co.uk

Measles has become endemic in Britain, 14 years after its spread was halted in the resident population, the country's public health watchdog says.

The Health Protection Agency (HPA) warned that the number of unvaccinated children was now large enough to sustain the "continuous spread" of the potentially lethal virus in the community. It blamed a failure by parents over the past 10 years to give their children the measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) vaccine.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I had all the injections when I was a wee lad, but the recent debacle over MMR vaccine, mainly by the media, has led to parents refusing to accept the MMR jab for their children.

The article is right in its warning because Measles onced killed 500 children a year about 50 years ago. A warning was issued in 2003 that this was on the verge of happening in the UK

news.bbc.co.uk...

From 2003: Measles could soon become an ever-present threat to British children unless vaccination rates improve, say experts.

Researchers say that in the near future, the disease could become endemic in the UK, and the average outbreak of measles could involve a thousand children rather than dozens.

www.independent. co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
When they take thiomersal out of vaccines they create then i'll believe them that they give a damn about those who have to have these injections.

and if you believe the official 'thiomersal is safe' line you'll also believe the UK government that there was and is no such thing as 'gulf war syndrome'.

Having a direct relative who died from this 'non-existant' malaise i'll take the 'yeah righty' side thank you.

As for measle epidemic.. thats what single vaccines are for. They don't cost the earth and you get to vaccinate your child against a terrible killer.

Single vaccines are the way to go. (I could go on all night about immune system overload in infants....but I don't want to de-rail Infinites thread)

new topics

join