It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Prepares a Messy Iran Handoff

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
This is just great...sanctions didn't work,Iran will stop at nothing to continue with this nuclear program,and now reports that maybe they have a missile that can hit us soil?Are you kidding me?Ok granted the fact if Obama gets elected which is the possibility above all.He is to green about global views.I guess Iran is just going to be another nuclear power within the world.

www.time.com...

The news this week that A. Q. Khan's now-defunct international nuclear smuggling network once possessed blueprints for advanced nuclear warheads — and could have sold them to Iran — gave new urgency to Washington's stalled efforts to halt Tehran's pursuit of nuclear capability. But with only seven months left of his presidency, George W. Bush has few options — and none of them is likely to work. "He's kind of stuck," says Robert Einhorn, a nonproliferation expert at the Center for Strategic and International Studies.

[edit on 18-6-2008 by alienstar]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Well if there is a nation who is going to bomb annyone its the US. They think they own the world. I am more arfraid off what US is going to do then the god damb Iranians. If there is a nation who is madly agressive its the USA. [SNIP]

If ww3 is going to happend its becuase of the US way of thinking. Iran has never ever invaded anny one these last 300 years.

Mod edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 19-6-2008 by sanctum]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

Do you continue to wallow in ignorance.

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if all the countries in the middle east are now advancing for nuclear to keep the yanks [SNIP]

You know Its America that shouldn't have nuclear weapons.

Where is the UN on this. America needs to be destroyed eventually. IF they keep thinking they can just go around the world and blow #ries up up, for oil or whatever pushes their buttons, make everyone believe that they are after terrorists. It absaluoutly unacceptable behaviour. Since when does America have the right to declare war on countires. Its about OIL. Not anything else. IRAN want nuclear weapons to defend themselves and protect their country. IRAN has no interest in attacking nations. But If America start another war. It will prove America are incapable of doing anything right.

[edit on 18-6-2008 by mind is the universe]

Mod edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
[removed quote of entire previous post]

Alienstar is "wallowing in ignorance"? Really? This is just before you say that "American needs to be destroyed eventually."

All about oil, huh? Ever look at a map? If this were about oil, we would have stopped action in Iraq after we overran the oil fields in the beginning of the war.

Iran wants a nuke so they can be the big kid on the block.

Mod Edit: Quoting – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
Iran has never ever invaded anny one these last 300 years.

Except the US Embassy in the 70's.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Yes because I explained to him to solution to the problem, he ignored it and posted another war thread.....

War war war. Yes its' ignorance of America. Its so ignorant that you all fail to understand simple psycology. Simple tactics to deal with conflict. Learning basics, Learning to be aware.

America just goes in and KILLS people. Maybe Iran wants to defend itself from being another Iraq.

DEAL WITH REALITY.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
"America needs to be destroyed eventually"???

Not even going to bother to reply to that one.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Difference from knocking out a nuclear reactor and stating ITS AMERICA WHO SHOULD BE BLOWN AWAY.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Duplicate post.

[edit on 18-6-2008 by mind is the universe]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

America needs to be, look at the nation it is now. it needs to be taken apart. Its destroying peace. Its a destructive nation. Iraq is actually destroyed. An A large chunk of the population is depleted. FOR OIL. Now they want to destroy Iran.

I wanted America completely taken apart as in, the nation taken back to the world. The leaders sentenced to life. Embarrassed to the world. The rest of the country realise how sick their country has become. Totally reducate the nation. Start from scratch. The country is a joke.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Ok, troll. Take a chill pill and get a major grip. The US isn't perfect, that's for sure, but you're calling for the complete destruction of another country.

What about Russia? Ask the people of Estonia and Latvia how things were after WW2, when those countries disappeared until the 1990's and the meltdown of the USSR.

You're from Ireland. Let's not start writing checks that your ass won't be able to cash. Can you spell, "IRA"???

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 19-6-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Would that be the same IRA that raised funds on US soil?

Strange how "the war on terror" didn't really matter then.

Back to the point - people shouldn't confuse Bush's policies with the US population.
Support for the wars has been dwindling.

Let's also address Iran - the current argument is about the enrichment of nuclear fuels, and in this is another factor.
Russia agreed to help build reactors and provide nuclear fuel with the proviso that ALL spent fuel was returned.
I also saw the report that said Iran may have missiles that could hit US soil - but unless you class Iraq as US soil, it just ain't true.
Iranian missiles have a range of about 1200 miles - last time I looked, the US was a lot further away than that.

The issue of Iraqi oil has also been mentioned, but the poster has neglected his research or would know about the new kurdish oil fields where contracts have been handed to (SURPRISE!) associates of the bush family.

Is Iran completely innocent?
No.

Are they responding to more and more threats from the US and Israel?
Yes.

[edit on 19/6/2008 by budski]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienstar
He is to green about global views.

Compared to whom?
The seasoned pros we have in office now that have run America into the ground?

I'm not so sure experience means much anymore provided you have a good Cabinet. I mean thats what they are for really. Hell Clinton wasn't experienced either...but then again how do you gage experience anyway.

The President isn't supposed to know everything and be everywhere. The job is really too big for one person to handle everything.

A good Cabinet is there to help fill the gaps.

If Iran wants Nuclear energy or even missiles I could care less.
It doesn't make me feel any more or less safe than I already do with the current nuclear powers and those up-and-comers like the Saudis.

It's over dude.
Everyone gets some now.

- Lee

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski
Would that be the same IRA that raised funds on US soil?

Yep, one in the same!

I would just want to know what happens to the spent fuel that Russia is suppose to be handling. That's what needs to be under control, too.

I think it's getting down to a Kindergarten fight now. Who started what? Seems like Iran rattles it's sabers, the US does the same.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Ok, troll. Take a chill pill and get a major grip. The US isn't perfect, that's for sure,

I'm not a troll.

Secondly It's not about being perfect. Its about learning from your mistakes. To make the situation better, to make a nation better, as you've the question on the nation.

Are you hearing this. Are you aware?

Stop deflecting the reality, and pointing the fingers elsewhere.

[edit on 19-6-2008 by mind is the universe]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

I think it's getting down to a Kindergarten fight now. Who started what?Seems like Iran rattles it's sabers, the US does the same

The world has been TELLING you this for the last 50 years. And your only realising this now. Why am I not surprised.

Sigh. btw Iran didn't attack other nations, USA has being doing it as a hobby for the last 50 years. So technically it's not the same.

You'd really swear it wasn't 2008. Time has being going backwards!

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienstar
~snip~

...and now reports that maybe they have a missile that can hit us soil?Are you kidding me?...

~snip~

[edit on 18-6-2008 by alienstar]

Where are you getting this? Everything I'm finding says just the opposite, that they're not even close to being able to hit US soil.

Nuclear warhead blueprints are not the same thing as long range delivery systems, in case that's what you're referring to.

You may be unintentionally spreading FUD...then again, maybe I suck at Denying Ignorance...or...maybe not.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by tjack

Exactly!
I've never found any links, or where Iran is even interested in attacking USA never mind missile attacks lol.

If it was made up by propaganda,
Would you be sursprised since the American Government are good at LIEING to their own nation. Like Iraq? wait yes they did lie about that.

If Iran are getting nucs, its well to say, they interest is to protect itself, from america terrorising them and the middleast.

[edit on 19-6-2008 by mind is the universe]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The proof was posted on here on ats but i cant say its from a good source.Just do a little search i'm sure youll find what your looking for.Credit to animal.

thinkprogress.org...

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Ok

Proof of what exactly?

I wouldn't buy into any of the sources on Iran attacking USA. This is new, very new.

Well I'm going to put my instinct on this one that, its crap.
The Bush administration and his war buddies. Said there was proof that Saddam had weapons of mass detruction. It was lies. It was all propaganda.

This is really really the same to me, just different countries to atttack. Iraq then, now Iran.

Are you people going to fall for it AGAIN.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join