It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

time happening out of sequence?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Ive had several experiences in my life that where a bit odd to say the least but in the past five years since i moved to my new house ive had what I call it "out of time" experience. Its like deja vu but different as i dont get that whole ive been here seen that feeling.

To explain what i mean by out of time is seeing things or now hearing things before or after they have happened. For example im down in the basement and i see the wife walking up the stairs and i ask her to get me a drink she says ok. Twenty minutes pass and i see her come out of the same room and go up the stairs and i ask what happened to the drink you where going to get me and she looks at me like im an idiot and says what are you talking about. I explain and she then tells me she hasnt left the room she was in for over two hours. In the begining i thought it was only me until one night my wife said ," i could have sworn i saw so and so walking up the sidewalk today" and that person was in another state but they showed up a week later for a surprise visit. There was also an animal ( a genet ) we had for a brief time that we gave away to a friend that lives 2 states away that i could swear i saw numerous times over a year after we gave it away. Funny thing is one night my wife where sitting in the bed and she said out of the blue " i could have sworn i saw the genet today in the basement" . There have been several other occasions with several other animals or people and no none of these sighting involve anyone dead so its not like its apparitions.

This last incedent wasnt seeing something but hearing something, for several days i kept hearing our phone ring .I could barely hear it but it was distinctly our phone because my daughter set it up with one of those annoying ring tones. I checked the phone when i heard the rings but it never was really ringing. I thought i was just hearing things until my wife made the statment " i could swear ive heard our phone ringing all damn day".

At first i chocked up the weird things i would see out of the corner of my eye as nothing more then reflections since my house has several large windows and is very open. But the things ive seen in the basement blow that theory out of the water.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
That kind of thing is quite common now as time is reversing since we passed through a black hole about 60 years ago. I won't repeat all the details here as I have already started another thread about the details about 2012 when it happened then.

It would be interesting to hear from more people that have had similar experiences to yours.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
o.0 weird... although it could also be explained sort of that while most of the things listed here are habitual things, things you do by habit and you may have thought you did them on one day and in fact did them on another. And with your wife having the same experiences, you two have a connection, its why your married. Its probably such a strong loving connection that you can feel things your partner feels and even start to think the way they do too. Its not THAT unheard of for things like that to happen between married couples.(not the frequent occurances of your experiences but what I had talked about.)

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I have had occasions where i have gone outside and things look different.
There's been many posts with the same issues.
I wake up to a ringing phone a lot of the time, only the phone really has not been ringing.

Welcome to the Twighlight Zone.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Im really looking for a term for whats happening, its odd i cant find much on this. As for a connection to my wife yes i do believe i have a strong one even though she may not know how much i feel. Last January she had a miscarriage the night before we went to the doctor for an ultra sound to find out the sex of the child i dream t of me playing with my newborn , i remember feeling somewhat disappointed it was a girl ( dont think less of me )but over joyed to see her giggle next to me. A few seconds later she crumbled in my hands the next day at the ultra sound the doctor found no heart beat, she had misscaried the night before they believe. This is the first time ive told anyone that not even my wife. She had a dnc and they did genetic testing as a result of a problem i might carry and the testing revealed it was a baby girl. Ive spent a lot of time convincing myself it was only a dream

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Strange, but I'm coming to the conclusion that somebody or something is tampering with our temporal continuity and has been doing so for perhaps several decades. What I'm talking about are time travelers or some natural phenomena creating ripples in our perception of time.

As a kid, I experienced many "psychic" episodes, seeing into the future with clarity and accuracy. While I still have flashes of intuition from time to time, the frequency of psychic episodes diminished greatly as I matured. When I reached adulthood, a different kind of phenomenon started plaguing me — at first it seemed that my memory was all screwed up, because I clearly recalled things that either never happened, or that did happen but not when I remembered them happening.

Here's an example: For years, I listened to the Frank Sinatra song "New York, New York," and I knew that he had recorded it in the mid-to-late 1960s. However, one day I was reading a news story about Sinatra, and it mentioned his 1980 hit "New York, New York"... I was dumbfounded. Did he re-record it? I did a little more research into the song and discovered that it was written in 1977, and Frank didn't record it until 1980. This time I was flabbergasted — I distinctly remembered Frank Sinatra singing this song in the late 1960s, ten years before it was even written!

Here's another: One of my favorite screen actors of all time was the British actor Oliver Reed, who (I distinctly remember) died of a heart attack in the mid-1980s. I remember that I was very shocked and saddened by his sudden death. Years later I saw the movie Gladiator... and there was Oliver Reed, very much alive and still working the screen! I was a bit confused but overjoyed to see this great actor still kicking! So, I looked into Oliver Reed's biography and was then shocked all over again to learn that he died of a heart attack immediately after filming Gladiator! I was incredibly confused at that point.

These are just a couple of examples — I could cite a couple dozen more instances in which I was startled and even awestruck by my own shuffled continuity.

And I'm not an alcohol or drug user, I've never suffered brain damage or disease, I'm not recovering from a mental breakdown or anything like that. My memory, in fact, is otherwise astonishingly clear, and I regularly write case studies and whitepapers for the business process management software industry... which is pretty deep stuff and I doubt I could do it if my mind was slipping.

After this had gone on for several years, I started wondering if my memory was just fine, but that reality was changing around me, as though history was being rewritten or somehow temporally altered in strange and subtle ways. This made me start wondering if major parts of history have been tampered with — say, the rash of political assassinations in the USA in the 1960s, for example, as though somebody was intent on changing the course of history by whacking key figures such as John and Robert Kennedy and Martin Luther King, Jr, all within 5 years' time.

Could we have actual time travelers among us, people or entities who are stomping around our plane of existence, screwing up our linear timeline? And, if so, how could I remember the original timeline? Why wouldn't my memory be reset the same as everyone else's?

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
Strange, but I'm coming to the conclusion that somebody or something is tampering with our temporal continuity and has been doing so for perhaps several decades. What I'm talking about are time travelers or some natural phenomena creating ripples in our perception of time.

As a kid, I experienced many "psychic" episodes, seeing into the future with clarity and accuracy. While I still have flashes of intuition from time to time, the frequency of psychic episodes diminished greatly as I matured. When I reached adulthood, a different kind of phenomenon started plaguing me — at first it seemed that my memory was all screwed up, because I clearly recalled things that either never happened, or that did happen but not when I remembered them happening.

Here's an example: For years, I listened to the Frank Sinatra song "New York, New York," and I knew that he had recorded it in the mid-to-late 1960s. However, one day I was reading a news story about Sinatra, and it mentioned his 1980 hit "New York, New York"... I was dumbfounded. Did he re-record it? I did a little more research into the song and discovered that it was written in 1977, and Frank didn't record it until 1980. This time I was flabbergasted — I distinctly remembered Frank Sinatra singing this song in the late 1960s, ten years before it was even written!

Have you ever considered that your consciousness may be jumping across different time-lines that are close in relation to each other? So time is not really changing, you are just changing locations.

Believe it or not ive heard stories of other people in the past with stories similar to yours. I remember being on another forum some time ago and a man was telling strange things he experienced in his life such as remembering events in the past that now seemed to never occurred. For example, he remembered the death of a famous actor in the past who is still alive today.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Just one question: is the Hadron Collider on?

I am not implying anything by asking it, but the past few days have been "weirder" than the average weird day for quite a few people, including myself.
And the only possible physical influence I can think of right now is the HC.
It was supposed to start operation "in mid-June" (according to Wikipedia).

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

OK, reading this stuff kind of got to me. I have lurked for a long time and now I make my first post.

I have had a few experiences very similar and always thought I was just confused or something.

The ones that sticks out the most was when I was about 16 (which would be in 1991) I was listening to the radio music station when they were saying a new song was coming on, I do not remeber what the song was or what band. Now when I say they said a new song was coming on I mean they were playing it for the first time on the radio from the bands just released album. Only when the song started I felt like reality was melting around me because I already knew the song and I 'thought' I had been listening to it for more than 3 years or so. My sister was in the room and I asked her if she knew the song and she said no. I told her I already knew the song and had known it for years. I then started quoting her the lyrics to the song just before they came out over the radio.

The exact experience was repeated about 2 years later with another song over the radio that I already knew the lyrics to and again, it was a 'just released' song from their 'just released' album. Even though I would swear I had known the song for at least a couple years already.
This is back when a new song came out they always introduced it around 7pm or so at night in a contest where people would vote in to decide if the new song could beat last weeks favorite/new release song.

Other things that I have noticed, I will be listening to music and singing along when all of a sudden the song seems to skip ahead a couple seconds, and I am behind in the lyrics. I always chalked it up to either a skipping cd, or something like that, even though it has happened with cassette tapes, cd's, digital music on my computer, DVD music, and VHS tapes. Everytime it has happened though I have always felt.. a little 'off' just as I notice the music is a few seconds ahead of where it should be.

I just remembered another time I had a feeling of time displacement or whatever this is. I was driving down the road in my 1979 trans am when I saw another white trans am going the other way and I made note of it as it passed, it was also a late 1970's early 1980's style and it was White. I also noted the driver, a white 20something with a distictive flat top haircut, made me think military. Well not more than 30 seconds later I see the SAME car, SAME guy come driving by me again. (I was on a two way road he was going in the other direction both times) I couldn't believe it, I tried to imagine he pulled off, went a block over, sped like a demon to get in front of me again and then turned back onto the street I was on to pass me again. He never looked over at me either time he went by, and there just could not have been enough time for him to make such a loop. (I always drove quite fast in that car).
I don't know. Just to clarify though myself, I do not smoke, drink or do drugs, I never have done those things, never will. I do not take any medication (not now or then). I have always just figured I was wrong in what I heard or saw and have kind of dismissed it, until I saw what you had to say. I am very interested in seeing how many others have had experiences like this.

Also a question about deja vu. I don't get deja vu very often,(maybe once every 4-5 years) but when I do I seem to get it very strongly and each time I am expecting something.. I don't know what, but something to happen, and then it never does. Is that part of the deja vu experience?

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
This thread has slightly derailed into two different directions so my reply will be to what seems like multiple discussions.

1. In my case with seeing things that aren't really there its not just seeing things that will happen its seeing things that did. For example i mentioned seeing a pet in the basement that we hadn't had in over a year. However the basement is where he primarily stayed and he had run around just like what i saw a year after he was gone. Other times it might be as little as 20 minutes difference , ill see one of the kids run through the kitchen and outside to play but 20 minutes later that same kid runs through the kitchen and when i say hey when did you come in they reply ive been in my room all day , but the path , there speed and all there actions would be exactly what i had seen 20 minutes prior. Sometimes its past events others its future and occasionally i might see someone out of the corner of my eye and its no one i know and the event never happens. One thing i failed to mention is this only happens to me or my wife at our house, not at work or anywhere else. Also i live in the country a 1/4 mile off the road so its not like im seeing the neighbors kid cutting through my yard or that some stranger is just walking down the sidewalk on the way to the store.

Its never memories being off or dates not matching up its actually physically seeing or hearing an event but not when its really happening. I would chock it all up to imagination but when my wife mentions the exact same thing happening to her and i haven't told her anything about me seeing things it makes me believe its not imagination. Its funny she was hesitant to say anything to me because she figured i would say she was nuts and the first few times i did just that ( even though it had happened to me ) After several occurrences i finally leveled with her and let her know she wasnt alone.

2. The whole hearing a song and swearing youve heard it before must be something common. Not that im a fan but i could swear kid rocks new amen song is a remake of something ive heard years ago.

3. The waiting for something to happen after experiencing deja vu is normal i think. Im not sure if its a conscious or subconscious thing but its allmost like your thinking hey ive been here before what did i screw up and do last time that im getting a second chance to avoid.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
This could be due to the fact that everything is a hologram and science is just starting to prove this. The earth is going through a lot of changes and sometimes glitches in the holographic matrix happen.

I know this sounds kinda far fetched but research it yourself if you don't believe me.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
My post may show up twice because i was apparently not logged in when i hit reply, if thats the case i hope a mod can delete my anonymous post.

This thread has slightly derailed into two different directions so my reply will be to what seems like multiple discussions.

1. In my case with seeing things that aren't really there its not just seeing things that will happen its seeing things that did. For example i mentioned seeing a pet in the basement that we hadn't had in over a year. However the basement is where he primarily stayed and he had run around just like what i saw a year after he was gone. Other times it might be as little as 20 minutes difference , ill see one of the kids run through the kitchen and outside to play but 20 minutes later that same kid runs through the kitchen and when i say hey when did you come in they reply ive been in my room all day , but the path , there speed and all there actions would be exactly what i had seen 20 minutes prior. Sometimes its past events others its future and occasionally i might see someone out of the corner of my eye and its no one i know and the event never happens. One thing i failed to mention is this only happens to me or my wife at our house, not at work or anywhere else. Also i live in the country a 1/4 mile off the road so its not like im seeing the neighbors kid cutting through my yard or that some stranger is just walking down the sidewalk on the way to the store.

Its never memories being off or dates not matching up its actually physically seeing or hearing an event but not when its really happening. I would chock it all up to imagination but when my wife mentions the exact same thing happening to her and i haven't told her anything about me seeing things it makes me believe its not imagination. Its funny she was hesitant to say anything to me because she figured i would say she was nuts and the first few times i did just that ( even though it had happened to me ) After several occurrences i finally leveled with her and let her know she wasnt alone.

2. The whole hearing a song and swearing youve heard it before must be something common. Not that im a fan but i could swear kid rocks new amen song is a remake of something ive heard years ago.

3. The waiting for something to happen after experiencing deja vu is normal i think. Im not sure if its a conscious or subconscious thing but its allmost like your thinking hey ive been here before what did i screw up and do last time that im getting a second chance to avoid.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Check my post above yours. Don't know if you saw it cause you posted at the same time as me.

I'm pretty sure its due to the fact that there are a lot of changes occurring on the earth right now and the holographic matrix is out of whack.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

That was a really interesting post. I have had similar experiences. I can remember events that I'm almost certain took place but apparently didn't, and I can't remember events that apparently did take place. There's all kinds of weirdness going on these days.

Originally posted by Vanitas
Just one question: is the Hadron Collider on?

Very good question, Vanitas. It all just sort of went quiet about that berserk machine, didn't it?

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   

It all just sort of went quiet about that berserk machine, didn't it?

Glad you noticed it...

And, perhaps even more unsettlingly, every time I ASK the question (not just here), the silence just continues.

What the heck is going on?

P.S. There was a member, Fossilized, who - apparently - had a few things to say about it.
(At least it was construed that way. See the thread "Have you experienced a glitch in the Matrix?")
I've checked, and he hasn't been online since May 6th.
I am really sorry, because I'd like to hear more from him about this issue.

[edit on 18-6-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Asking about the LHC, sorry about the Off topic here

It was supposed to go online in May. It was postponed to some time this month (June). They've been performing smaller tests with it however, to make sure it'll be OK.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Glad you noticed it...

I'm glad you have too, Sir.

And, perhaps even more unsettlingly, every time I ASK the question (not just here), the silence just continues.

What the heck is going on?

I honestly don't know. I'm wondering if they may have activated it "on the sly" and something, somehow, went wrong?

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I dont mean to offend anyone when i say this but im pretty much ignoring the matrix comments. I find it funny up until that movie was made that i saw little to no reference in matrix theories however after that movie was made i see them everywhere.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   

P.S. There was a member, Fossilized, who - apparently - had a few things to say about it.
(At least it was construed that way. See the thread "Have you experienced a glitch in the Matrix?")
I've checked, and he hasn't been online since May 6th.
I am really sorry, because I'd like to hear more from him about this issue.

Well, well, well. Wasn't he an interesting character? Thanks for the heads up. I read all his posts in that thread, and I too now hope he returns.

This is getting weirder and weirder by the day, now.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
From what I can remember the philosophies in the Matrix were digitized versions of occult philosophies Grant Morrison recorded in his comic book "the Invisibles." The Wachatevertheirnameiski brothers kept copies of the comic on set for actors to read so they could get a grip of where they were coming from.

Not to say the "glitch" thing isn't true, just that, if it is, it's probably more occult related.

The earlier post from Doc Velocity really made me sit up straight, though. I've recently been overcome with strong feelings that "extraterrestrial" beings are just time travelers. It's come to make far more sense to me, given the size of space, and how less likely it is for beings to travel through space and time faster than light than it is for somebody a million years in the future to figure out how to come back in time.

The 60's, and the deaths there, as the good doctor pointed out, are some solid evidence. Everyone responsible for those assassinations were guano crazy. I'm pretty sure the guy who shot RFK wasn't even conscious when he did it. Unfortunately, the most important assassinations of the 1960's (MLK, Malcolm X, and the Kennedys) are just as easily perceived as schemes from a frightened power base of intolerant old white men as they are calculated strikes against characters from a future's history.

Which brings me to my final point regarding time travel: if they were time travelers who came back to assassinate individuals, what evil future world did they come from where the Malcolm X and MLK had to be shot?? The Kennedys I get - political dynastys are bad news no matter who's side you're on - but civil rights leaders!?

Unless the freedoms those four individuals WOULD have granted us were eventually stolen. I can see freedom exploding during a 1970's that still had those four men, and I can see that freedom spiralling out of control and getting reigned in hard by opponents from the next generation.

Maybe that was 2012, and by getting rid of those men, that particular "apocalypse" was avoided?

Time travel, man, I swear, it never lets your brain stop.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join