It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama will declare Sharia Law in the United States if elected.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Pardon my ignorane, but i presume that there IS some legaly binding document with the power to over-throw the president in such time that it is needed, for example if he trys to send a nuke to Florida. (Just an example, no offence Florida)

So if he manged to get this Law past the Supreme court and all the other groups/indivivuals in his way, can he simply be thrown out of power by the people ?

O and if so, why the heck has'nt anyone done this to Bush ?

Fox

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
This thread makes me worried. Not about the impact/threat of non-integrating muslims or by religious extremists, but it makes me concerned that young people are being brainwashed to hate an entire quarter of the worlds population who are muslim. There is a lot of racial propoganda these days on the internet. I can only hope that someone like Obama is elected and in the coming years perhaps ease the minds of these people into trusting people who are ethnically from a muslim background.

I know many muslims, (I am an atheist). My uncle is a white man who married a muslim women and converted to Islam. He is a peaceful family man, who practices and takes pride in his religion and is heavily involved with building his community and bringing peace to the country he lives in which is in South America.

With regards to the previous thread that quoted parts of the Quaran that were seen to incite hate/violence/killing.. worse... Those are the very samples of the Quaran that extremists like Bin Laden use to recruit young and impressionable youth who have no where to turn and who come from the worse backgrounds than alot in the west could even fathom. These quotes are taken out of context, a lot of the specific quotes were actually taken from a story in which a war actually took place centuries ago.

We can do the same thing with the bible (the bible is a book of good, peace and presents within it; lessons that can be applied to your life, but it can still be taken out of context)... Here we go:

Leviticus 20:9
If anyone curses his father or mother, he must be put to death.

Deuteronomy 7:1-2
When the Lord your God brings you into the land you are entering to possess and drives out before you many nations . . . then you must destroy them totally. Make no treaty with them, and show them no mercy.

I can go on and on with these quotes, some referring to slavery of people and some referring to genocide of entire population.

I will end this post with a simple quote that isn't taken out of context and is from the Quaran:

"O Mankind, We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know each other. Verily the most honored of you in the sight of God is he who is the most righteous of you" (Quran 49:13).

The Quaran is very simular to the bible. To all you so called "christian" muslim bashers who don't do their research and allow yourselfs to be brainwashed into losing your sight and gaining a tunnel vision perspective of the way the world works... Allah is your god. I want you to sit back for a moment, think about the path you are taking and the beliefs you are adopting, get to know some muslim people in a neutral environment, do some more research, if you can afford it travel and see the world, I guarantee after you become properly informed you will realise the errors in your ways and if you are christian I urge you to follow your religion and repent against your wrong ways.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by The Soldier Of Darkness

And I'm the Toothfairy!
How can he do that when he's not Muslem?

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Whatever Obama brings to the table, will be terrible. He is a professional bureaucrat with the ability to lure gullible masses through eloquence, unlike our current President. There's no doubt in my mind that Obama is two-faced and America will certainly go from bad to worse.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   

the president of the united states he has alot of power, look at what bush is doing and getting away with...

Everything you have been taught about Muslims has been taught to you by George Bush... The way you think is exactly in line with his agenda...
I am not Muslim but i know for sure that most are grateful for living in the west.
The ones YOU hear about have been "shown" to you, how else would you know?

Dont be a caveman, we need to proceed forward not backwards...

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
this has got to be the most un-reasoned ill thought out, unprovable, wildly speculative bit of scare mongering i've heard in a while...

does OP work for Mr McCain i wonder?

also, its more likely that the us will be put under martial law than sharia law.....

soooo glad i live in the uk......

hahahahaha unlucky land-grabbers

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Soldier Of Darkness
What is the basic goal of every muslim ?

To impose Sharia Law on everyone and to destroy their enemies according to everything I've seen and read.

CAIR have made that clear.

now what is barack obama ? a muslim, he says he isn't but he is...

And what will he do if elected ?

he will declare Sharia Law in the united states...

i think you are right. I do believe that he is a 'closet' Muslim and will try to impose Sharia Law on the US. Will it happen overnight?, No. Will it slowly creep into becoming a reality?... Just look at Europe... Especially the UK. It's being slowly introduced to the point that a Christian leader has said it was a good thing.

Personally, I like Bourbon, BBQ pork sammiches, and Bikinis. The three "B's" i like to call them. They are stricktly prohibited by Sharia Law..

So to say I'm apposed to Sharia Law is an understatement. It is the biggest threat we face as a society.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   

So to say I'm apposed to Sharia Law is an understatement. It is the biggest threat we face as a society.

lol if that is the biggest threat in "your world", then my friend you are out of touch. Maybe too much of the first B has led you to your conclusions.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by anonmember

Bravo!!! well said.
Some people have totally lost the plot!! its quite sad and depressing actually...

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Team Locke
Just look at Europe... Especially the UK. It's being slowly introduced to the point that a Christian leader has said it was a good thing.

You mean the Archbishop of Canterbury, a man so out of touch with the modern world that, after he made his rather ridiculous statement every major newspaper and political party in the UK, the general public and people within his own church rallied against what he'd said and reduced any credibility he had to zero.

Really - if you read the story, you must have read about the aftermath so why don't you discuss that instead of trying to promote ignorance and fear?

There is not going to be Sharia Law in the UK.

Its sad to see that you have no faith whatsoever in your fellow Americans, because according to how you - and the OP see this everyone will just roll over and play dead at the first sign of subversion in your government and of your established way of life.

I'd say that by implying such things, and playing on these fears you're being particularly unpatriotic and seem to have no faith in your country.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
"Maybe this is different in the UK"

No it's pretty much the same in the UK. We have a diverse mix of theology's and although all of them put pressure on the government for the right to have certain aspects of their religion accepted or intergrated into mainstreem social institutions such as schools none of them have changed society in any dramatic way.

This is mainly because they're still a vocal minority ( muslim, christian whatever ) they're outweighed by the non theist electorate.

As such whilst the government will happily make certain exceptions for religions ( wearing specific clothes for example ) they won't make any fundamental change towards any specific theology because it would lose them votes.

We had a christian in power for the last few years, he didn't manage to enforce his doctrine on society, In fact in many ways, under his government we saw the influence of christianity in schools undermined significantly and replaced with a new focus on multi faith issues. ( which most people agree is a good thing )

In short.

Muslims aren't going to take over the UK.
Neither are christians, the BNP, blacks, hispanics, jews, dwarves, OAP's, Reptilians from the planet zoltran or fathers for justice.

They're not going to take over the US either.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I'm glad some of you realize what I am talking about...

Good to know everyone out there isn't as blind as the rest of them...

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by anonmember

lol if that is the biggest threat in "your world", then my friend you are out of touch. Maybe too much of the first B has led you to your conclusions.

Bwawahahahahaahaa.. Perhaps you are right.
WAIT.. is there such a thing as too much bourbon?

I do in fact keep a vigil eye on this subject. I have no 'beef' or pork ( cheesy joke alert hehe ) with Muslims per sea...I just love my three "B's" and enjoy our way of life here.

I hope that the USA can keep separation of church and state. But, then again when I see things like Gitmo, and the patriot act....whoa.

Lets just say I'm concerned.

BTW: Didn't mean to 'step on any toes' right off the bat. Just posting a view point for consideration.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
[Off-Topic content removed]

Courtesy Is Mandatory

Civility & Decorum are Expected

[edit on 18-6-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   

If you're gonig to put something - at least have a point!

This thread is nothing but racist and right-wing paranoia.

Obama will put more money in the pockets of average Americans and give them more of a say with what goes on in the country.

Any Obama bashing threads as ridiculous as this CLEARLY IGNORES FOX NEWS 4AM APOLOGIES FOR CALLING OBAMA A MUSLIM.............FACT.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Let's say he doesn't declare sharia law straight away...let's say he starts off by turning the US into a UK, France etc...just look at how things are going there..

Maybe you could explain to this particular Englishman exactly just "how things are going" here?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Spuggy

hats off to you bruv!! nice one.
some of these people know well and truly that this wont happen, they just like to flirt with dumb ideas and the hate just spreads even more...

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Funny theory...about as credible as saying "Bush will plant a lot of bushes all over our nation because...gasp...his name is BUSH!"

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProTo Fire Fox
Pardon my ignorane, but i presume that there IS some legaly binding document with the power to over-throw the president in such time that it is needed, for example if he trys to send a nuke to Florida. (Just an example, no offence Florida)

There sure is. It's called the Constitution.

The 25th Amendment allows for the President's cabinet may temporarily remove the President from office, and seat the VP as the Acting President. The President may return to office if he sends Congress a written declaration that he is fit to serve; however, the VP/Acting President and a majority of the cabinet may send written notice to Congress stating their belief that the President is still unfit. In that case, Congress has 21 days (or if they are not in session, they must return within 48, and the 21 days starts thereafter) to decide if the President is fit. Unless both the House and Senate find him unfit by 2/3, the President resumes the powers of office.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join