It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The timeline of the world and the Great Terran War

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   
However, running back over some of the rulebooks (Wraith, VTM, and Hunter: The Reckoning in particular) makes me wonder if there's a grain fo truth underneath all of this. Not neccesarily about the terran war, not abotu werewolves, changelings, or ghosts... but about the nature of the world around us. Do even we cover our eyes and deliberately ignore greater evils out there? Are there monsters - maybe not vampires or anything like that - out there who control us, keep their existence hidden? Read up on the Hunter condition... it's an interesting parallel to the way we here at ATS go about things.

DE

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   
History affirms that supernatural beings ruled the earth in the ancient world. These powerful gods used immeasurable wealth and sophisticated intelligence to place advanced civilizations on every continent of the globe.
The collapse of that world plunged the Earth into the deep ignorance of the dark ages.

The ominous fall of the gods and collapse of the ancient world is planet earth's greatest unsolved mystery. The solution, as revealed in The Awful Truth, will forever change the way we view ourselves, science, religion and the gods of the ancient world.

Please read the reviews of Mr. Conway's book.

To download a free copy and listen to his interview with the Philosophy Dept. of the University of California Irvine Click Here

Free Book:
"The Awful Truth"
www.realists.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
auuugh!!!! some of you ppl are either overly dense or are agents who purposely trying to make me look like a fool. to the latter, here's a finger for ya.
quit your job and get something that would contribute positively to society!

either way, thanks for responding. youve all added to my internal intelligence reports (by internal I mean my mind. IR is my name for familiarity with social patterns. I ask existence to strike me down right now if I am a spook or espionage agent.)

see? I'm still here.

regardless of anything, thanks for looking and I hope the info can be of use to you all.

not only did I put in a disclaimer about the SOURCE of this information, but also I explained why I chose to use this as a baseline of the timeline. I also warned that the terms would have to be taken with an open mind, because secret societies ALWAYS hide the truth in disinformation. Much like espionage and intelligence agencies. so I asked all of you readers to try to decode the crap into sensical terminology. *mission failed*

a lot of the details and especially the names are downright geeky and silly, yes, but any historian who looks at this document and compares it with his or her notes will see that there is a bit of accuracy. again, he or she would have to do this with an open mind, but without sacrificing a general sense of logic.

the part where the first city is founded, for example, is commonly referred to as Zep Tepi, or the first time. The term can be cross-referenced with Egyptian culture.

the parts that mention the infighting of clans that resulted in plagues and conquering invaders VERY MUCH HAPPENED. the parts that mention barbarians and covert meetings and alliances were not happening in a goddamned RPG but in real Earth history.

furthermore, the parts that mention Mithras can also be cross-referenced with persion history and mythology. The figures named Tiamat and Ashur can also be cross-referenced with Sumerian myuthology and history.

today, with the information age about, it becomes easier to identify the 'gods' of the past as technologically advanced people because we are aware of how primitives would feel about us had we shown up in their tent with a laptop, for instance. that was the idea this document had in mind:

That instead of gods who impressed the masses of the past, it was the aliens of an unconfirmed nature who cultivated certain socities. This document summarizes that epic, from planet-fall, to building of empires, to becoming secular and competing with ech other.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
However, running back over some of the rulebooks (Wraith, VTM, and Hunter: The Reckoning in particular) makes me wonder if there's a grain fo truth underneath all of this.

Not according to the people who write them.

Honestly... go to a few gaming cons, eh? Sit down with the game producers (as I've done) and talk to the game designers and illustrators and writers. You'll come away impressed with how much these people study and read from standard references -- and with the sheer creativity of the stuff they make up.

They start from a good framework of reality (like the real information about Rome in 45 BC (time of Julius Caesar) ) and then they heap on fun fantasy details (conspiracies, vampires, magic, strange temples, legion spies, wicked commanders, rebels, etc, etc.)

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Dude, ever since I let my ex-girlfriend convince me to go to an anime con, I've been paranoid of the word. The horror...the horror...

But you fail to see my meaning. Is it not possible that entities, whether supernatural, extraterrestrial or extraplanar have a far greater amount of control over us than we perceive?

DE

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
Dude, ever since I let my ex-girlfriend convince me to go to an anime con, I've been paranoid of the word. The horror...the horror...

But you fail to see my meaning. Is it not possible that entities, whether supernatural, extraterrestrial or extraplanar have a far greater amount of control over us than we perceive?

Yes the possibility does exist, DE. I'm not saying I believe this to be the case where the WW stuff is concerned, but I'd have to say that I believe there are always unseen forces at work around us. The worst part of discovering this is that you can never again see the world as you did before your enlightenment.

Every shadow, every legend, every myth has a hidden meaning. I've long believed in supernatural forces at work in the world around us, just as I've long believed that much of what we see in our favorite fiction is found in reality, albeit usually in a more mundane manner.

As for gaming conventions, yes, they are evil. I know from experience, because I've helped run a few small ones, and everytime we managed to have a great time losing money.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Would it not be terrifying to wake up tommorow and realize that nothing is as it was yesterday? To realize that yes, monsters are real, or your entire life has been a lie? That's what I'm getting at. Not neccesarily the White Wolf mythos, but to learn that something or someone has had its claws in you for so long, and you only just realize it?

DE

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Nice post, I definetly like how you put it together.

I must say this, history is written by the winners, but I bet you all the money in the world that the most important historical events in the world were never documented and were meant to stay that way, the people who did make these decisions would be very powerful if this was true, but I'm still concerned about the fact that shape shifters still exist.

Facinating, YES, true, who knows, but it's not a bad theory if you believe.

I always thought that the Mexican and US gov't got rid of them a couple years back. (How do I know this you might think, YOU WILL NEVER KNOW HOW DEEP THE RABBIT HOLE GOES UNTIL YOU FALL INTO IT)

PS, most don't return.

Or maybe thats what they want us to think, Who Knows?

[Edited on 3/10/2004 by FoxStriker]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join