It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 victims pursue bin Laden family fortune for compensation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   

9/11 victims pursue bin Laden family fortune for compensation

cnews.canoe.ca

As the United States continues its long manhunt for Osama bin Laden, victims of Sept. 11 are in the midst of their own bin Laden pursuit, this one for his family's vast fortune.

Victims and survivors of the 2001 attack and insurance companies say the bin Laden family failed to cut off ties with their infamous relative after learning he was devising terrorism plots.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
All I can say is good luck to them.

I dont think it would matter which side of the fence you are on in terms of the 9/11 conspiracy. These people will have a hard time getting anything from wither the Bin Laden family or the Bush family fortunes.

The Bin Ladens will simply state that OBL had nothing to do with it as they have claimed previously and as for the Bush's....Good luck.

cnews.canoe.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 15/6/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Considering that he has never been formally charged or indicted in connection with 9/11, it would be nearly impossible for anyone to recieve any form of compensation.

To this date, the Justice department has not formally indicted and charged Osama bin Laden for the 911 attacks:

The FBI maintains a separate "Most Wanted Terrorists" list, which includes bin Laden and 25 others who have been indicted in U.S. federal courts in connection with terror plots. But this second bin Laden listing also makes no mention of Sept. 11.

Source

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Good. Because if anyone was "supporting" terrorism, it was them.

Maybe we should waterboard it out of them? /sarcasm.

[edit on 6/15/2008 by Griff]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemiK

Considering that he has never been formally charged or indicted in connection with 9/11, it would be nearly impossible for anyone to recieve any form of compensation.

Good point, but there must be something to it if the lawyers are persuing it and the judge is allowing time to gather documentation

Lawyers for the Saudi Binladin Group have said in court papers that bin Laden's two per cent shares in the company and another firm, the Mohammad Binladin Co., were sold in June 1993 and put into a trust.

The judge issued his findings on May 21, giving the Saudi Binladin Group one month to produce documents which would show the receipt and subsequent disposition of any dividends, distributions or similar payments arising out of bin Laden's shares of the company between 1993 and 2000.

It will be an interesting court case. It could finally air the 'inside job' theory and hopefully put it to rest one way or another.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
The only sad aspect of this thread is that there are still some families who think that Osama did it...

Anyway, good luck to them for their inevitable waste of time venture.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw
The only sad aspect of this thread is that there are still some families who think that Osama did it...

Anyway, good luck to them for their inevitable waste of time venture.

Indeed, he is not even on the "most wanted" on any intelligence sites, so if not even cia, fbi or any other intelligence service can find the evidence and link OBL to the 9/11 plot i wonder how this lawyer would tie him into the picture.

OBL wanted poster at fbi

Here Fbi do not link him to 9/11 but only to Oklahoma bombings, i could not find cia´s most wanted but i recon they haven´t found the link either...

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
To be honest, I hope it does get to court. The Bin Ladens with their fortunes will spare no expence to find something to prove CIA did it and then the faeces will hit the fan hard.
All of a sudden the US govt will back the families claim and it will be bigger than O.J.s trial

top topics

join