It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden link at bottom of page. whatistheconspiracy.com

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unsane
No progress to report on the purple square from me,
*snip*
if there's something there, maybe it's hidden in code of the colours or something.

Originally posted by The Utopian Penguin
maybe divide it up into RBG layers and shifting the colors will reveal something

Guys, see this post:

Originally posted by Ian McLean
The little purple square on the latest message says:

abovetopsecret

Well, almost... I actually got: "abnvetnosecret"

It's a 14x5 grid of colors; exact color values posted in this post, so you don't have to go dashing around with the eyedropper tool.

Oh, by the way, I forgot to mention that all numbers in those posts of mine are in hex. I guess that might be confusing if you're not used to it -- but everyone counts in base-16, right?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kellter
reply to post by Psychopump

Lol, I get 62131416131. I got my numbers by assigning each color a value. Darkest 3, medium 2, lightest 1. Since the first two colors are the dark, I give it a 6, next is one medium so it gets a 2, etc. Howd you come up with your numbers Psycho?

Also, I see two horizontal lines at the top and two at the bottom.

Crakeur posts a while back
So, enjoy the game, try not to overlook &^43DKJ anything and don't believe everything ks@*&s you read.

why am I being so cryptic?
it's a game and games is where it belongs.
qo&gfo

They might be encryption keys or encryptions
we should keep them handy

[edit on 31-7-2008 by The Utopian Penguin]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Unsane

Great collaboration, everyone... I'm honored to be among such innovative thinkers!

A couple of thoughts, since we appear to be stalled on the current Conspiracy-link page:

1. The small purple box is there for a reason. The mods are thorough and meticulous (and, fun-lovingly, devilishly, devious) in creating and administering these games and they are designed to test you and make you think. We MUST consider OTHER possibilities regarding the purple box. What is it that makes it unique, relevant, correlative to the game? Remember, the mods include components of the puzzles that can be solved in many different ways. There are many types of puzzles, and many solutions, in aggregate, before we'll finish. I believe the mods do this in part to encourage us to work together. We each have certain strengths and weaknesses - different ways of approaching a problem. Some of us are graphics pros, some math wizards, some linguists, some cryptologists. We can expect to see every one of these skill sets, and many more, as prerequisites to the inevitable conclusion.

So what is it about the purple box that we haven't considered? It's position on the page? The choice of colors? It's dimensions, orientation, composition, relationship to other components of the page? This is puzzle topology - and we need everyone's creative input to get us closer to the solution. Each piece we solve takes us another step closer...

2. I've remained focused on the center garbled text graphic for a number of reasons - perhaps you'll concur:

First, although I presented a potential solution to this center graphic, and others have subsequently found the same, we still have received no confirmation nor have I received any applause, U2U, etc., that this was correct. Also, the graphic and the conspiracy page remain unchanged, whereas previously the solution was almost immediately reflected in the form of a changed page/new puzzle, etc.

This indicates to me that the solution the the center graphic is either incorrect or, as I now believe, perhaps INCOMPLETE.

Secondly, and this as a result of spending several teary-eyed hours staring at and manipulating the center graphic, I think that the center graphic contains more than what I originally posted. If you enlarge and look closely at the graphic you'll notice that it appears to be one or more character strings that have been sliced up horizontally. To me, it looks like the resultant "sledgo-matic" process yielded six or seven horizontal "slices".

I believe the solution I posted a few pages back is only ONE of the sentences or 're-assembled' character strings. It just happened to be the one with 'sliced' chinks large enough to piece a few characters together, then solve the rest of the line by trial-and-error and matching known characters (for example, the "G", "A", and "I" matching in GAME, AUGUST, and EIGHTH, helped solve the word IMAGINATION, and so on).

Now, after looking at the graphic some more (and more coffee and aspirin), I think the remaining horizontal 'slices' ALSO contain text pieces that have been carved up - only the pieces are much smaller and so not nearly as conspicuous as in the first line.

Of course, it may all be a ruse, or merely fodder to obscure the ONE line already proposed - but then why have we received no change or confirmation, etc.?

What I suggest, and will also attempt simultaneously, is for some of you that have the software, time, and 'mouse-dexterity' to cut and separate the horizontal slices in the graphic, parse them as individual graphic components, and then flip, rotate, mirror, etc and manipulate them like a puzzle to see if they can be repositioned on top of one another to yield any more legible characters.

Um - apologies ahead of time if this produces absolutely nothing but a waste of your time! I'm just trying to help and offer solution suggestions so we can all move forward with this...

Sorry about the long response - I had to get this out to you (and needed a break from the black-and-white pixel-staring).

As for the "purple-box team" - apply novel thinking - look at it from as many different angles and construction possibilities as you can.

The reverse-engineering thing has apparently worked for the black-ops guys at A51 - and has worked for me on this and other puzzles. Remember, the clever mods had to think their way forward before posting the conspiracy page puzzle pieces - all we have to do is work our way back through that process...

Good luck - have fun!

And now - back to the canvas!

[edit on 7/31/2008 by Outrageo]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
The little purple square on the latest message says:

abovetopsecret

Well, almost... I actually got: "abnvetnosecret"

We should add the letters:

O, (another O?), and P

to the ´missing letters list´.

After all, the final question would be hidden in the preceding questions, remember?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Just an idea:

The garbled code is to me obviously horizontal strips of text, which have been offset, mixed up, inverted and reversed in relation to one-another (and their original positions). I am not capable of doing the hard work on sorting that out, certainly not as well as many on ATS.

However, I think the purple box may be the key to solving the code.
Maybe the colors, and thicknesses of the bars are instructions relating to each sliver of text?

EDIT: To whoever else is attempting to reconstruct the code, don´t overlook the possibility that we are dealing with truly evil minds. The strips of text may be on a 3d drum, and rotated in different directions relative to one another as well as the other manipulations.

[edit on 31-7-2008 by Psychopump]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

I have had a dabble with the 'slices' idea too, I will be doing more now that you have corroborated my thoughts.

I liked the idea of the purple box being almost like a key to the message.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   

notice that the characters in 'abnvetnosecret' which are wrong (the n, and o) are one step away from being right. They are shifted one step down the alphabet. o becomes n and p becomes o.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unsane

notice that the characters in 'abnvetnosecret' which are wrong (the n, and o) are one step away from being right. They are shifted one step down the alphabet. o becomes n and p becomes o.

You could be on to something there....
*runs out to buy another notepad and a pack of pencils*

Yeah, I know....old school.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Psychopump
To whoever else is attempting to reconstruct the code, don´t overlook the possibility that we are dealing with truly evil minds.
[edit on 31-7-2008 by Psychopump]

Damn Skippy we are! We're dealing with pure evil!

There is also a possibility that you guys solved the image way to fast. They know we're just as evil as they are.
We'll plug away at anything they put up there relentlessly. They fear we'll solve before it actually begins. muhahaha!
Just like the previous All The Conspiracies game.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Psychopump
You could be on to something there....
*runs out to buy another notepad and a pack of pencils*

Yeah, I know....old school.

I have Gimp and am not that great at it. I am tempted to enlarge the scrambled text, print it out and cut strips and try to piece together. I guess we're both old school.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Well I'm off home now,

after cutting and moving slices around on the picture using paint, it starts to look like theres more there, but I can't work out what letters yet.

My picture is cut directly from a screenshot of the browser window because my right mouse button is disabled and ctrl c doesn't work whilst im on work computers.

This image that i get is blurred and the shapes are difficult to align, but i think one of you will get it!

Good luck to all,

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Perhaps we need to use the numbers that we have so far to put order to the layers to solve the new image.

Everytime I look at it, I seem to get another perspective and it looks like the last image (one that was reversed and split in half). I'm guessing it is possibly 3 images in one.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kellter
I have Gimp and am not that great at it. I am tempted to enlarge the scrambled text, print it out and cut strips and try to piece together. I guess we're both old school.

That is a FANTASTIC idea!
I wish I had a printer...

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I've been working with cutting the image up and pasting it back together and here is what I came up with. I verifies the previous post on this. There are some leftover pieces I haven't been able to make heads or tails of yet. I agree that there is more to it than what we found so far.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by dahmerjr

NICE!!

The first part i can't make out.. the last half seems to say

"....and you will need your wits, creativity and imagination to win"

-edit-

It reads

" the game begins on August eighth and you will need your wits creativity and imagination to win"

-edit-

Upon studying closer.. not sure if "wits" is correct.. by the rest seems to fit.

[edit on 31-7-2008 by TwiTcHomatic]

[edit on 31-7-2008 by TwiTcHomatic]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

Yes, thank you - we've already established that line:"THE GAME BEGINS...SOLUTION"

Now if you could put the rest of it together...?

So far, there appears to be at least six horizontal segments to the graphic, at least three of which are part of the "Game Begins..." line. The remaining pieces are either another line or "camouflage" for the first line. My thinking is that there is something more there in the remaining segments, since we've seen neither confirmation nor change nor closure to this first solution line.

Keep at it...

[edit on 7/31/2008 by Outrageo]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

My bad.. was caught up in piecing together... I had not realized we had moved on.

Again, my apologies.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
The phrase "abovetopsecret" is encoded exactly in the purple grid! It's +3 from the second/fourth rows (see my previous table of the 14x5 grid of colors). Here's deltas, of each green-channel color, from the ASCII for "abovetopsecret" (decimal numbers this time):

10 10 11 12 10 12 11 11 12 10 10 12 10 12
3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3
4 4 5 5 4 5 5 5 5 4 4 5 4 5
3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3
10 10 11 12 10 12 11 11 12 10 10 12 10 12

So, seems like there must be something encoded in the other two row-types! Perhaps.... THE QUESTION?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
When will it start ?
answer:
the game begins on August eighth and you will need your wits creativity and imagination to win" abnvetnosecret abovetopsecret
www.abovetopsecret.com... thread363121

The game started the moment we found it

08-08-08 8:08
8:26

[edit on 31-7-2008 by The Utopian Penguin]

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join