It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Security Scans Will Show Sex Organs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   

SECURITY scanners that can see through passengers' clothing and reveal details such as their sex organs, colostomy bags and breast size, are being installed in 10 US airports.
blacklistednews.com...

www.news.com.au...

i will never fly again. this is going way too far. i believe by the end of this year Bush will have declared marshal law.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
This is absolutely unacceptable. And the government has more of them on order.
We are closer and closer each day to a police state here in the US. It is coming....

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by musselwhite

The article also says:

"The passengers can choose between the body imaging and the pat-down," she said.

Lets not jump to hasty conclusions here.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

of course it's unacceptable especially those that fly. What about the MRI imaging for mind reading. Look what they are doing in DC w/the warrantless searches supposedly for drugs and guns.

Our only answer A.R.M. and here is a link to the video www.youtube.com...

bush has got to do something prior to end of office.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
If we have a choice we should always choose the pat down. It's probably much easier for them to put you through the scanner, so refuse and say you want a pat down. Maybe this will get the security guards just a little mad

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by theendisnear69

preferring a "pat down" has a slight feel of molestation to some degree having someone feel you up and down.................but you know what's taking place but being looked at naked.................i only want people to laught at my jokes not what nature and abuse took it toll on...........

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Well even though a pat down has a feel of "slight molestation" (if you choose to view it that way) I would rather be patted down than have my privacy completely violated with a visual scan of my no no regions.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   

"People have no idea how graphic the images are," Barry Steinhardt, director of the technology and liberty program at the American Civil Liberties Union, said.

The ACLU said passengers expecting privacy underneath their clothing "should not be required to display highly personal details of their bodies such as evidence of mastectomies, colostomy appliances, penile implants, catheter tubes and the size of their breasts or genitals as a pre-requisite to boarding a plane".

This violation is too much. But with all of the fluoride and aspertame floating in the minds of U.S. Americans they will have great difficulty raising objections in an organised and effective manner.

May those who came up with this machine and those who choose to deploy it burn in hell.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Some of these people who probably enjoy being exposed. I would be more concerned if I was a celebrity. What will those be worth to the media?

[edit on 13-6-2008 by aleon1018]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by musselwhite

Yeah I would much rather get a pat down than have them completely invade my privacy.

Who knows maybe you'll get lucky when you get patted down

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by theendisnear69

yeah, you are right "lucky" is the word at my age. more brains than bod, imho.

w/the MRI imaging implementation on mind control they will ultimately know what i am thinking when they "pat" me down! whoa! that's refreshing!!!!

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
while I don't really like the idea of some security working seeing my bits and pieces, I doubt that they'll really be looking at it (not that it isn't worth looking at. ok, it isn't).

truth is, they'll either be napping on the job or they'll be looking closely for the things they are trained to spot.

oh, and I don't need an x-ray machine to tell me a woman's bra size.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I could care less personally. I get the "3rd degree" (Amsterdam), and pat downs (US airports) every time i travel now anyway, since i fly back and forth to the Middle East on a regular basis. I'm sure i'm on some list somewhere.

The scan will be alot quicker than taking my shoes off, turning down my belt, pulling up my shirt and raising my arms, while some TSA skeeve takes his time with the pat down.

I could care less if my "naughty bits" pop up on their screen during the scan.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
actually - it is LESS invasive - as it confirms that it is only you under your clothes

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
First of all on a personal level, I really don't care who sees my genitals or other body parts since I am neither ashamed nor proud of them, and I'm quite sure that those working the scanner have not be impatiently awaiting my arrival in order to compensate for a less than stellar personal life.

I actually feel a lot of sympathy for those who will have to be doing the looking. When I scant the people waiting in the security line ups, I'm actually very grateful that they are wearing clothing (with the occasional exception). Imagining having to look at those flabby, saggy and out of shape bodies all day long, and for close to minimum wage.. cruel and inhuman punishment.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
What will undoubtedly happen with the scans is that they will also be computer checked for anomallies. When the system gets good enough, no-one at all would need to see the body images personally. But you do have to train these things so that they learn what to spot.

Personally I couldn't care less if a person who has no idea who I am and cannot see my face makes of a naked 3d image of me. If they were standing right next to me, then sure, that'd be an issue, but toherwise they;d have to go to some lengths to check security tapes etc to match up times and faces to bodies if someone wanted to find a real person to giggle at from the image they see, and frankly, thats just not worth it...

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by bg_socalif

if they pop up in the scan you have every good reason to be embarrassed.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
It's not like they are going to see you completely nude, c'mon, it's not that bad. Here are some examples of what they will see.

Female - Scanned
Male - Scanned

As you can see, your "privates" aren't really on display much.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

Originally posted by bg_socalif

if they pop up in the scan you have every good reason to be embarrassed.

HAHAHAHA...now that actually made me laugh. Good one Crakeur!

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sensfan

OMG! Yeah!!!!! That's what I'm talking about! The rolls the load! Somebody pat me!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join