It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can ghosts speak in your mind?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I'm just wondering...the other day I was at work (a restaurant) and everyone had left except for me and one of the owners. It was closing time but she had to go on one last delivery so I was there by myself. She only took a few minutes, then came back, and I remembered I had to check on something in the kitchen so I walked back there. As I was returning to the lobby, I heard a male voice say 'HEY!' loudly. Thing is, it was in my head, not coming from any discernible direction. Needless to say it freaked me out and I bolted for the lobby. Was this a ghost? Or just me being paranoid? I've never 'heard voices' before except for when I'm just falling asleep, sometimes it will seem almost as though I'm overhearing people's conversations, but they sound far away and unclear. Has this happened to anyone? Am I nuts? (ha, ha..)

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I will get blasted by some.

I have heard so many voices in my life! It gets bad when you start to answer them
This happens more often than people think, the thing is people do not speak about it as they don't want to sound "crazy".

If it does get bothersome you should still seek medical help, very important to make sure you are healthy. If a GP cannot help a neurologist would probably, most certainly have a solution.

Just be safe and go see a doctor.

Spiritual oppression/s, attacks or whatever some do call it do have the the characteristics of them "putting" voices, sounds or ideas in a person's head. Make you think you are going loony after a time. One thing, a great thing is that they DO NOT know what you are thinking no matter how they will try and deceive you that they do, they cannot read your mind.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Thousands of psychics would flame you qonone, and this all comes down to what selinakyle might believe, Sure if there is a persistant nuisanse coming from this see someone, if you feel no harm from it, maybe see were it goes.

But it all comes down to how you feel about the situation.
A test would be to ask for some info you cannot know.

[edit on 11-6-2008 by Chukkles]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by selinakyle

Interesting. This is the second thread I've read in the last few minutes dealing with "internal monologue", the first being here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I wonder where this internal monologue comes from, whether you can have dialogues going as opposed to monologues and whether there aren't many monologues and dialogues going going on all the time (but you perceive only one, and only intermittently.)

I notice Wikipedia actually has a good article on this:

en.wikipedia.org...

My guess: it really DOES have something to do with ghosts, although it might be better called "global consciousness" or something else.

#

Edit: This would be a great topic for the new "Psychology, Philosophy, Metaphysics" forum, announced today via U2U. Here is the link, published by Skeptic Overlord:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't see that forum established yet. I am keenly waiting....

[edit on 11-6-2008 by Buck Division]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Why not? If ghosts exist, why cant they talk to you telepathically? If you were the only one to see a spectre then I dont see why you wouldnt be the only one to hear it. I think we have all been in similar situations, like when you hear someone call your name and no one is there. I wouldnt worry about it unless you are constantly hearing people who are not there.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
selinakyle,

I am a spiritual medium of many years.

To address your question:

Originally posted by selinakyle
Can ghosts speak in your mind?

The answer is YES and it happens all the time

The term "ghost" is a really bad word for it. Better, more accurate terms for it are "discarnate" or "spirit." The reason: a "ghost" is usually the manifestation of a Group Entity or discarnate community. Generally speaking, individual spirits cannot move objects or manifest a healing. So the basically spiritual usually work in communities for the main reason and advantage of combined power in The Light.

The Freudian paradigm is completely wrong.

Sigmund Freud did not objectively research the subject but promoted theories to explain that which mediums and psychics have known for time immemorial:

We are surrounded by discarnates and they constantly interact with people in the flesh via telepathy, which is the language of Spirit.

Moreover, dreams are not created by our brains but are telepathic messages and commentaries from discarnates that are usually presented symbolically. Most dreams are not spiritual or helpful because most on the Other Side are not devoted to The Light and highly evolved. Nightmares are not the result of the "subconscious." Rather, they are a form of astral attack and abuse.

Many rapists and murderers have claimed that they committed their heinous crimes because they were listening to the voices in their head. Those voices are spiritually retarded people on the Other Side who find pleasure in pursuing sadistic acts to innocents. Also being spiritually retarded, the rapists and murderers were too weak to avoid succumbing to the evil discarnate influence and becoming agents of evil themselves.

Hence, it really boils down to having the moral and spiritual strength to overcome negative telepathic influences and to be able to avoid acting on implanted thoughts from the lower discarnate elements (or inferior spirits) geared to harm one or more innocents.

The discarnate dimensions generally consist of a large number of "special interest groups."

Those who are on a spiritual path and who strive to live by The Golden Rule are allowed to reside in at least a basically spiritual place (plane) in The Light. Those who follow a path of evil retrogress away from The Light, shrink their consciousness and energy levels in the process, and are indirectly forced to reside in the most hellish of dimensions - with the possibility of destroying their souls completely.

Evil contains the seeds of its own destruction

It just doesn't appear that way on This Side because we generally don't see the fate of the spiritually retarded and morally corrupt on the Other Side.

Next time you clairaudiently hear a voice call out to you, go to a quiet place in meditation and address it. Find out what he/she/they want. If it is a spiritual connection (which you can determine from the spiritual feelings conveyed or lack thereof), pursue it. If it is not a spiritual connection, reject that energy and that communication.

Review our metaphysical overview, starting with the links in my signature, for more information.

[edit on 13-6-2008 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by selinakyle
Am I nuts? (ha, ha..)

I wouldn't say your nuts but I would urge you to begin picking up some spiritual practice like meditation to learn to control your mind, attention and thoughts.

When I started hearing voices in the distance I was too curious about them and wanted to know what they were talking about. I wish I had not indulged my curiousity, I should have made the distance larger and not seek them out. It gave me a sense of doing something out of the ordinary and feeling special, that didn't help much shutting the voices out. Ofcourse now I know there's not much special about it (it's just uncommon, but not special).

If this is just the beginning of hearing voices for you, imagine how it can be in a few years time, will you be surrounded by ghosts and hearing them talk to eachother all day? It's not healthy nor fun and can seriously mess up your life, I'd suggest you start doing something to prevent that from happening.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard
So the basically spiritual usually work in communities for the main reason and advantage of combined power in The Light.

That might appear all nice and cozy but the worst spirits are usually those that act as an enlightened dictator and will add other spirits to it's 'collective'; more like the Borg. Many spirits get suckered into joining such a collective (the need to belong to a group; low self esteem, weak minded individuals, the promise of learning spiritual teachings) only to become mindless drones being used by the strongest spirit in the collective once joined.

We are surrounded by discarnates and they constantly interact with people in the flesh via telepathy, which is the language of Spirit.

I believe that too however I believe that it is wrong for the deceased to interact with the living. There's plenty of time to go interact in the afterlife, this place is for the living. There's a whole bunch of reasons why the 2 dimensions are seperated the way they are.

Many rapists and murderers have claimed that they committed their heinous crimes because they were listening to the voices in their head. Those voices are spiritually retarded people on the Other Side who find pleasure in pursuing sadistic acts to innocents. Also being spiritually retarded, the rapists and murderers were too weak to avoid succumbing to the evil discarnate influence and becoming agents of evil themselves.

Babies are not born murderers, they become that after being exposed to this world. Meaning violence is handed down each generation, for example someone gets abused as a child, the result might be that that person will abuse children themselves in some way. Then after death having no preparation for the afterlife, they do the one thing they've done all their life because they don't know any better. Having their innocence abused, they block it out and forget about it and do all kinds of evil things. But I doubt they find pleasure in what they do or how they've become. They are simply ignorant of their state of being and if no one helps them they'll continue and passing it on to others.

Those who are on a spiritual path and who strive to live by The Golden Rule are allowed to reside in at least a basically spiritual place (plane) in The Light.

Allowed by what? You make up your own private space. If there are spirits talking to you that need you to acknowledge their authority, I'd really reevaluate them and their ideas. No spirit should ever tell you about rules, you should make them up yourself. Before you know it you have to do things in order to be "allowed" to reside in some promised land. Your soul is the promised land, your private space and you can do with it whatever you want or can imagine.

Next time you clairaudiently hear a voice call out to you, go to a quiet place in meditation and address it. Find out what he/she/they want. If it is a spiritual connection (which you can determine from the spiritual feelings conveyed or lack thereof), pursue it. If it is not a spiritual connection, reject that energy and that communication.

If you are under influence of spirits I'm sure they'll want you to say to the threadstarter to go adress spirits. I'd say "Never talk to strangers". You think you hear your deceased relative, go ahead and see what it means. You hear some male voice you didn't invite or expect, I'd say ignore it, stay away from it and don't look back unless you are really strong of mind and faith and know what your doing.

[edit on 13-6-2008 by Dragonfly79]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I can only talk by my experiences and yes I have love ones that had come in dreams (and not dreams) to give me messages, warning and to help me go through times of stress.

This happen most of the time during the night and through dreams or what it feels like between dream and awakening.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   

So the basically spiritual usually work in communities for the main reason and advantage of combined power in The Light.

Originally posted by Dragonfly79
That might appear all nice and cozy...

It may to you to be that way but it doesn't to me.

...but the worst spirits are usually those that act as an enlightened dictator and will add other spirits to it's 'collective'; more like the Borg. Many spirits get suckered into joining such a collective (the need to belong to a group; low self esteem, weak minded individuals, the promise of learning spiritual teachings) only to become mindless drones being used by the strongest spirit in the collective once joined.

It is true that lesser spirits join Group Entities, usually those on the fourth plane, i.e., the yellow-energy angels that comprise most GE's. These are only basically spiritual. One step below them are the orange-energy subangels or common spirits who can only combine into Group Entities for hours at a time -- which is why most GE's are yellow in Dominant Aura Color.

However, they do not look at themselves as being dominated by a dictator. Instead, they have councils or committees of leaders which set the culture and policy of the discarnate community. The larger Group Entities, those with many hundreds, even thousands of members, have enough energy whereby they can make themselves appear to be a godlike being to those in the flesh. Being a godlike being is, of course, untrue, as they stem from the Mid Realms of Spirit. In projecting the god persona to those in the flesh who are open to them, it is likened to a drug that feeds their egotism. Like being a rock or hip-hop star. They feel the adulation, reverence, and sexual energies of the beautiful people who follow them. This provides a cheap and fast way for only basically spiritual people in the Spirit to feel like an adulated god without actually being a god, which is precisely why many go this route.

I believe that too however I believe that it is wrong for the deceased to interact with the living. There's plenty of time to go interact in the afterlife, this place is for the living. There's a whole bunch of reasons why the 2 dimensions are seperated the way they are.

It is a judgment call to say that you disagree that discarnates should interact with incarnates. You and I have absolutely no control over this, nor does anyone else. That is simply the way things are and have been since the first souls took it upon themselves to come into physicality.

Many rapists and murderers have claimed that they committed their heinous crimes because they were listening to the voices in their head...

Babies are not born murderers...

Oh...I beg to differ.

A baby has a soul. That soul may indeed have been a mass murderer in a former life. To be a baby does not automatically entail innocence or spiritual illumination. Those things must be earned through cultivation by following a spiritual path.

Adolph Hitler had the propensity when he entered the flesh to become the sadistic monster that he did indeed become. Ditto for Joseph Stalin who was even worse.

...they become that after being exposed to this world. Meaning violence is handed down each generation, for example someone gets abused as a child, the result might be that that person will abuse children themselves in some way.

In that needless violence (i.e., violence other than defending one's life and that of one's family in times of war), is a learned behavior that is passed down from one generation to the next, I agree with you.

Then after death having no preparation for the afterlife, they do the one thing they've done all their life because they don't know any better.

When they leave their body and even before they enter it, if they care to learn, they will be shown the importance of striving to live by The Golden Rule.

Moreover, after one leaves the flesh completely, there is that little thing called the "life review" or "bardo" that occurs, whereby one can see and/or feel clearly how one's actions and intentions affected those in one's sphere of influence when incarnate. The idea is to learn from the life review and to strive to counterbalance all negative karmic debts. One has no choice but to do this if one wants to ascend to a better place (plane) in The Light.

We have all had MANY life reviews because we have all lived many times. There are no real surprises. We all know deep down - as do many others - our faults and weaknesses.

Having their innocence abused, they block it out and forget about it and do all kinds of evil things.

Being abused means having emotional scars. These are eventually healed in The Light after death. With sincere and daily prayer, one gets emotional healings BEFORE death.

If one's innocence is abused, then one should dislike, even hate those who caused it. That is the correct emotional reaction. But to hate innocents because one does not have the strength to face the evil people directly, at least emotionally in focus, carries no excuse in The Light. If you are done wrong, you should go after - at least in focus - those who are guilty, not those who are innocent. Going after those who are innocent only increases one's karmic debts and makes it harder to ascend into The Light after death.

But I doubt they find pleasure in what they do or how they've become.

Not true.

Our prisons are full of people who admittedly have no remorse whatsoever for the heinous crimes they have committed.

They are simply ignorant of their state of being and if no one helps them they'll continue and passing it on to others.

Ignorance is a choice.

Before entering their bodies, they had access to spiritual wisdom. If they decided to ignore it and now don't have the character to live a life of principle, they are still held accountable for their actions and intentions in The Light.

If one is morally and spiritually weak, one should take the needed time to prepare before incarnating.

No excuses.

Those who are on a spiritual path and who strive to live by The Golden Rule are allowed to reside in at least a basically spiritual place (plane) in The Light.

Allowed by what?

By the infinite and nonliving Light in the discarnate dimensions that many near-death experiencers report seeing "at the end of the tunnel." The same Light that is the source of all Gifts of the Spirit.

The Light Of The God Force is governed by Universal Law which cannot be changed one iota. It is in striving to live by The Golden Rule that we strengthen our "god spark" and learn to discriminate the difference between right and wrong, good and evil. It is our spiritual responsibility to do so. We have no choice if we want to find long-term peace after we leave the flesh and return to the Primary Reality.

You make up your own private space. If there are spirits talking to you that need you to acknowledge their authority, I'd really reevaluate them and their ideas. No spirit should ever tell you about rules, you should make them up yourself. Before you know it you have to do things in order to be "allowed" to reside in some promised land. Your soul is the promised land, your private space and you can do with it whatever you want or can imagine.

Whether you are building a bridge, making love, or spiritually evolving, there are rules involved, and it is very wise to seek counsel from those who have insight about the subject matter. I don't acknowledge any discarnate "authority" unless it meets our time-tested criteria.

If you are under influence of spirits I'm sure they'll want you to say to the threadstarter to go adress spirits. I'd say "Never talk to strangers".

What is a stranger to you is not a stranger to someone else.

I made the point of discrimination, i.e., discerning spirits. Doing so in the manner I described and in even more accurate ways that we explain on our site, is how one can tell if the spirit or discarnate represents a spiritual source. If it does not, then one should reject it. If it is a "stranger" from a spiritual place, one would be a fool not to seriously consider what is given as far as guidance is concerned.

You think you hear your deceased relative, go ahead and see what it means. You hear some male voice you didn't invite or expect, I'd say ignore it, stay away from it and don't look back unless you are really strong of mind and faith and know what your doing.

ONLY if it is coming from a spiritual source
One should not presume that only one's relatives have all the answers.

[edit on 13-6-2008 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Yes, you can hear your dearly departed talk to you, usually its best if your mind is still so you can cosciously talk back and forth, look for early morning conversations or around nightime, when the mind filters out the internal dialogue, that is the door between dimensions a still mind.

[edit on 15-6-2008 by menguard]

top topics

join