It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masons 33.3 level ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Hi,

May be way off here...

Not a conspiracy but wanted to understand more about freemasons.

Having it's roots in ancient Egypt, freemasonry has stated that it's 'top level' or highest rank is termed 33.3 degree mason.

How is this figure attained or otherwise arrived at? IOW, what does thirty-three-and-a-third actually mean in masonry?

Here's my theory:

Giza plateau had 10 pyramids. Freemasonry has it's roots in Egypt.

So ten pyramids equals 3 + 3 + 3 + 1 = 10. (3.3.3.1 the '1' being a third of a group of 3) hence thirty three and a third.

Is this correct?

spikey.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

No, Freemasons again and again will tell you that the highest rank is the 3rd degree.

Masons of the 3rd degree may join other bodies that have their own degree systems, but by doing so, it does not make them any higher rank than any other Master Mason (3°).

One of the other bodies a Master Mason can join is the Scottish Rite, which confers degrees 4-32, with a 33° given as an honorary title to 32° Scottish Rite Masons who have shown a dedicated service to Masonry.

But Scottish Rite is just one appendant body. The Shriners, the York Rite, the Grotto are all others, and there are more which have varying popularity in different parts of the world.

So the highest rank a Mason can receive is the 3°. The highest honorary rank Scottish Rite member can receive is 33°. (The highest rank a York Rite member can receive, I believe, is the 13°). I don't know if the Shrine or Grotto confer degrees beyond simple membership or not.

(edit to add...) And you're the first person I've ever seen claim there was a 33 1/3 degree. I'd be curious to know how you might have arrived at such a conclusion...

[edit on 6/11/2008 by JoshNorton]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
yup all said above is correct. 3 degree is all and tops
as far as Masonry having roots in Egypt well if you know the origin than you are ahead of the game as even the most devout student of masonry has a few theories on its origins....
interesting idea on the 1/3rd degree

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Where oh, where...

Originally posted by spikey
Having it's roots in ancient Egypt, freemasonry has stated that it's 'top level' or highest rank is termed 33.3 degree mason.

Does Freemasonry "state' this?

Who speaks for all of Freemasonry?

And what in the world is a "33.3 Degree Mason?"

Thanks in advance.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiorano
yup all said above is correct. 3 degree is all and tops
as far as Masonry having roots in Egypt well if you know the origin than you are ahead of the game as even the most devout student of masonry has a few theories on its origins....
interesting idea on the 1/3rd degree

I'm curious. Since even freemasons don't know the origins of freemasonry, how do you know it so well? If you don't that is the feeling your post gives..

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
the highest freemason is 33 degree because 3 is mirrored by another 3 in which freemasons that are 33 want to worship the good and the evil powers of universal soul.

hope that helps,no freemason 32 will ever explain what you want because these people,i doubt are even free masons....if so,theyre not allowed to give answers but only hint....

[edit on 11-6-2008 by meanmug]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by meanmug

Ah, yet another conspiracy "scholar" who has enlightened us. I have yet to figure out how all these people - who have never been a member of the fraternity, and can produce no evidence for their claims - can come up with this sort of stuff?

Facts for you: The highest level of masonry is the 3rd degree, Master Mason. The highest degree of the Scottish Rite of Freemasonry is the 33rd degree, but since degrees do not confer rank it doesn't really mean anything except the person has made very large contributions to the fraternity or society. The 33 is that way because 33 - 3 = 30, which are the 30 degrees of the Scottish Rite.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
conspiracy,yeah good one there buddy....

i just explain to a mason 32 how to become a mason 33,you might get in trouble for being told that and not taught that

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by meanmug

Oh its actually quite available - to everyone - its public information. A 32nd degree mason can have the honor of the 33rd degree if he makes significant contributions to the fraternity or society at large. The degree is honorary, does not confer rank, and is simply something nice that the Scottish Rite bodies do to show support for the members who contribute much to the betterment of the fraternity and the world.

Sorry, no conspiracy here.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
um huh,good one there 0 mason,

its funny how 3/3 would be 6 and the sign of the sun....

yes,more conspiracies

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
There are 33 vertabrae in the spine, the ladder of consciousness. I always thought that's where they (babylonian luminary schools) first construed the number from. I do believe there are 3 formal steps of Freemasonry, followed by titles an individual can choose to achieve by partaking in whatever action they involve.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
DROPA STONES ... PARTS TOO A 12 PHASE LINEAR MOTOR

THAT'S RIGHT PEOPLE, I AM SAYING THAT the 10,000 year old CHINESE OBJECTS ARE THE LEFT OVERS FROM CHINAS ROSWELL. I BELIEVE THE DROPA STONES ARE 716 PARTS - a few missing but none the less,are the remains of an ALIEN ship. GRAVITY MOTOR DRIVE... a..... 12 PHASE LINEAR MOTOR. 8 or 16 discs per roller bearing 12 10 10 or 24 100 100 style design. still researching but you get the drift. an inverse gravity generator ( 12 phase motor ) is/can be a roller style motor. starting with 12 rollors each row 10 up so 3 rows is 12-22-32 = 66
each roller has 32 parts 8 sections per roller 4 parts per section 66 *32 = 2112
square of 6 and square of 24 ,22 14 state 111 spin- particles totals. The stones have all but disappered. or have they? I can say i still have a broken piece of the pie.

6 25 19 18 35 8
32 11 20 17 1 30
4 14 16 15 28 34
33 23 22 21 9 3
7 36 10 24 26 5
29 2 24 13 12 31

Notice distance and Grams. cm & 111 total each row and "37" AL 36 times
REFERANCE. SYSTEM
asshole will get off on this but.... the Numbers 1-36 added = 666 XMAS in other language

Keep reading ....Entertain yourself.... I believe the dropa stone center is NOT Neobdium in this case its either Americium or EI.. will Crystal structure glue or cement. All one piece of four...

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by meanmug

What is the meaning of 6 and the sun have to do with masons and conspiracys? Can you explain this to me? thanks.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
6 is the biblical number of man. Man and his devices = Free Masons, men free to create their realities. The sun, is the bearer of light. If there were no sun our eyes would recieve no light. If we can't see we are blind, we cannot discern, we cannot find truth. The symbolisms od 6 and the sun do tie into freemasonry.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by depth om

The Sun in Masonry represents the Worshipful Master as he is supposed to 'rise in the East and govern the lodge' much the way the Sun rises in the east and governs the day. Not much regarding the number six as far as I can remember although any other Masons who feel otherwise feel free to comment.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
6 is beast=science also as jewish
the sun

the sun brings fake light apon us tha you people worship as the holiness god but is devil/

dont act like you dont know

babylon=baby lion fom assyrian days of science=magick of all magick....

babylon universal map in which i just posted in another thread.

worship of the king lion,the lying king in his lion den of the universal soul/

[edit on 11-6-2008 by meanmug]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by meanmug

Maybe your worshiping the sun, but I'm not. Nor is any other mason I know of. Might have a neopagan somewhere in the fraternity that does so, though.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
The only time I've heard of six being associated with "the beast" is the number 616 or 666 from revelations, which is a purely Christian text, so could someone point me towards where the info on this is?
As for the sun being fake light.... that's the first I've ever heard of it bing called that.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
How can you sit here and say that you dont worship the sun or any other like it,when science comes from the sun.

your symbols come from science,in which yes you do worship,dont deny it,itll make u look dumb

first you all said,you dont worship symbols,but as i see it,you cant live without them.

then i post a image u claim u dont know but your symbols are right there

and now u say u dont worship the sun but this sun brings science

now do u see why im rolling my eyes....

if it walks like a duck,talks like a duck,take wild guess what it is....

only fooling yourself O'Mason....

them teachings you killed over king sol-o-mon wasnt of god,break free O'Mason

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ALightinDarkness

sorry to 'give that feling'
what i meant is that there are so many theories the one presented may be just one of a dozen, and certainly as stated in by the OP it is written as the only possible factual origin.
I have read countless articles and books on this and the only common thread stems from the crusades and the returning crusaders, whether they became actual masons of stone work, or brother masons in a shroud of what they really did as Templars is up for debate- as well the masons ideals have much of the egypto-middle east-biblical type influence in names and stories, but it may be allegory or something else, this is why the debate of origins continues on... we have lots of throies and stories but less hard evidence for one specific threory...even if we did fins "cornstalks' in the masonry work at Rosslyn...it tells us what exactly

top topics

<<   2 >>

join