It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple UFO Sightings Wollongong Australia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
This week there was a mutiple UFO sighting not far from where I live, I just caught a glimse of the report on the evening news.

What I can make out this sighting was near or over Mnt Kembla, Is there anyone with more infomation on this?

Thanks

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
As somebody in Australia, I'm interested to hear more of this. I guess I'm bumping this up or something, does anyone have more information on the subject?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
The sightings were aired by channel 7 but there are no archives to be found of the photos on thier web site taken by a woman who witnessed the event.

What little I caught on the news was around 5 ufos in formation and glowing orange.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
www.ufoinfo.com...
Closest thing I could find at a glanced search.

Any more details to make the search easier? Like the time/date the UFO was seen, the day it aired on the news. The news website itself might be handy too.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
It was aired on Monday night I just caught the last few seconds.

Thanks

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I have family in the area who saw the orbs back in the 80s. There are some dams atop the escarpment down there, dunno if that has anything to do with it. Population is sparse beyond the coastal strip.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Thanks Shar but the UFOs were spotted this week, its getting frustrating as there are no archives of the photos they screen on channel 7.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Update from a neighbour

It was Port Kembla not Mnt Kembla UFOs spotted on sunday night by several witnesses

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I'm not finding anything at all... what's the website for the news station?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a few weeks ago when i was getting out of my car in the illawarra, (it was night time) i looked up to the sky an watched a glowing light just drop from the sky. It kept falling for a few seconds then just disappeared into thin air? i no it wasnt a plane or helicopter because thye flash and dont drop at such sudden speeds. there were no clouds out either at this time so its not as though the clouds could hide the object. very odd.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticPerhaps

au.tv.yahoo.com...

Good Luck!!

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
could this be related?

www.australia.to...

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
First time poster, long time reader.

I am a resident of Wollongong (Horsley-Dapto southern suburb)

I was alerted by phone of an enormous bright object by my brother who lives on Mt Keira at 6.25pm Thursday 22 April 2010

Object was about 7-8 times the size of commercial aircraft which are regular and easily visible. Object moved slowly near My Kembla in a north -easterly direction for several minutes then literally vanished.

Object reappeard of shore about 7-8 minutes after object disappeared. It moved rapidly to a lower altitude almost to sea level passing over several coal carriers off Fairy Meadow beach. Object moved about radically for about 2 minutes before disappearing again.

2 coal carriers turned all their deck lights shortly after the object passed by them ( my brother witnessed this part of the event as it is not visible from Horsley)

This is sighting number 2. About 3 months ago a similar object was seen by both of us south east of Horsley but at a higher altitude heading in a northerly direction-and simply vanished.

Both instances there was no navigation lighting, strobes or engine sound .

It is a long shot but I would like to know if any other Wollongong residents that may be here witnessed this or know of anyone who may have. I would like to have more than just my brother and I to verify what we saw.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Down Under

Bob Down Under.....

There was mention of as sighting on the south coast in this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'll try to find it for interest's sake.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by mercurion

Mercurion.....

Thank you for your very interesting report.

How did you judge the size of the object to be 7-8 times the size of a commercial airliner?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Here's a brief report about the incident:

UFO Research (NSW) INC

Matt

Was seen by second witness in central wollongong. Object literaly vanished into thin air-no strobes, nav lights or noise.

reappeared 3-4 minutes later off shore. Appeared to fly over coal carriers. Two shut off all deck lights. Object moved very low near horizon-came towrds shore and vanished.

Lots of dogs barking, alarms going on. Any other witnesses?
Posted on: April 23rd 2010

www.ufor.asn.au...

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 24-4-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Where we are is a regular over flight area and there were commercial aircraft in the sky not far from the object at the same time. plus I have a background in military aviation which helps.

That report is by me ( there is one time difference which I corrected on reflection)-I am looking for people who may have witnessed it. It was literally a big bright blimp of light-very smooth and not rough light a light beam.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mercurion
Where we are is a regular over flight area and there were commercial aircraft in the sky not far from the object at the same time. plus I have a background in military aviation which helps.

That report is by me ( there is one time difference which I corrected on reflection)-I am looking for people who may have witnessed it. It was literally a big bright blimp of light-very smooth and not rough light a light beam.

Mercurion.....

Thank you for dropping into the thread

May I ask you some questions?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Yes no problems. What would like to know?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Down Under

Hey great to see ya
Let me guess Bob. Did they look this?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b1a21d6507b5.jpg[/atsimg]

<<   2 >>

join