It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Will Be Riots!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
If you ask me they should be dang glad their ancestors got on the ships. look across the ocean to where they COULD be living. Yes there will be riots for one reason or another to do with this election.

mikell

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Funny how pro-Bush third termers cant stick to the real issues. Its is if they have to prove their candidate by propaganda and hearsay, I mean is the republican party that bad that these people have to turn to poor people-bashing tactics?

Its no wonder the nation got to be where it is under these kinds of people.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
There most definitley is going to be riots. Not just by the black people though. I think this election will finally show the American populace how our government really works, and everyone will realize that something needs to be done. And no riots are not a bad thing. The gov has pretty much taken away our right to protest. We can only protest in cages like animals. What is there left to do? RIOT!!!! Come on people we need to go march on Washington and tear everything down that stands in our way. This corrupt government won't change unless we do.

Sadly there is no other way to do it. If you can find another alternative than please tell me.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Think "topic", not "mod edits". Please don't make me use the buttons, I hate using the buttons.

Peace

[edit on 10-6-2008 by Dr Love]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
''This corrupt government won't change unless we do.''

good wording....

people are so lazy and lazy of faith that they let others choose for them even if its bad,i guess the good ole saying,''im sorry'' is good enough for everyone.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by meanmug

Uh, you do know freedom of speech doesn't apply on a PRIVATE website right?

The 1st Amendment only protects you from the FEDERAL Government infringing upon your right to speak your mind.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by meanmug

Wow...you really do get the winner of the day award. So history as it has been written from MANY sources is all wrong because your "common sense" ?

Reading your posts is starting to hurt my brain.

You don't realize what you are getting in trouble for on a PRIVATE website but you want us to buy into your "anti-jew" "common sense"?

[edit on 10-6-2008 by bismarcksea]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
As far as the racist undertones are concerned, there is never justification. By rationalizing the use of "them and they" and then comparing it to Obama, you merely lower yourself to a racist standpoint. Yes, his remarks could be construed as racist, but that does not justify following in those footsteps. Just because someone else does it, does not mean that there is no accountability for personal actions. Racism is racism, regardless how you rationalize it. Riots are caused by anger due to a frustrating situation. We would rather label racism and the poor as the problem, instead of looking at the mechanisms that perpetuate the disparities.

For the riots, there won't be any. Have you looked around at the state of our country? We are in a state of learned helplessness. There may be a few individuals here and there who cause a small ruckus, but large scale riots are not going to happen. We haven't rioted by now, we're not going to in the near future. The population at large knows that our votes don't matter, but we live in a comfortable country. We would rather be able to go buy our iphones, than start riots in the streets. In my opinion, the average American just doesn't have that revolutionary spirit anymore. Most of us would rather be badly fed and slightly comfortable, than living free but lacking the luxuries which we have become accustomed to. Only time will tell of course, I just don't think this election will be any different than the previous, just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Sorry Mod, I'll chill out and stop feeding the troll.

My bad.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
This is only a prediction not fact. In the OP's mind "history repeats itself". Then does that mean " White's will enslave blacks again?" Or women will have to fight to vote and work again? I think we're over those hurtles and running a fine race in life. We still have alot of work to do to better ourselves, but just because riots have happened in the past doesn't mean it will happen now. A Woman and an African American running for president shows that things are changing and that we can work together as a nation. Nope, no riots.

I hope the OP is wrong and I'm right.

[edit on 6/10/2008 by Solarskye]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Hmmm..

Imagine that McCain wins and there is a re-count.. it appears voter fraud like Bush's last election..

I wouldn't be surprised if there where some kind of riots.. maybe not just blacks, but Democrats in general.

The lack of Democrats and Liberals actually congragating and "protesting" unlike the 1960's though says it's only the mouth pieces that have a chip on their shoulder, not the average Liberal. Else they do their protesting Online.

But the OP is right.

the Black Community does tend to riot more when something doesn't go there way.

From LA to Cincinnati and so forth.

I don't think it's racist to point that out.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Pointing out fact is never racist, and people that designate it as such are simply weak minded morons who cannot comprehend the unpleasant truth.

I have been called racist numerous times for pointing out the disparity in violent crime rates, welfare rates, and other proven facts that reflect negatively on the black community.

Instead of attacking the messenger, people would do themselves a world of good by addressing the problem instead.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

Most people who cry Racism usually do so out of self insecurities about how they, themselves feel about the issue.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Because stealing a TV set or bling bling for your car is going to change the world.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I started a new topic on Racism.... Lets try to get back to the topic in this one!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by theendisnear69

The problem with rioting is that the rioters don't stay on task. They tend to take side trips to vandalize, loot, rape, and murder.

What these things have to do with protesting eludes me..

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by eric52081

There will be riots?

Most of my american friends of color would probably utter to me a 'told you so'.

I read somewhere that something like 1 million legally 'cast' ballots in the US 2004 Presidential election where illegally rejected - using engineered electoral tactics which largly target by race and class.

What would make dissenfranchised dissapointment so different this time around

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
"PRIVATE website right?"

UH OH,now this website is a private website huh?

im not paying for this website,i dont pay for the usage of this website,last i heard this website uses us as "promotions/endorsements"

please learn what private means....

if you want me to follow any law,become a government and make people pay for the privlegde to use this website....

last i check,i signed up with an email and wasnt charged for fee,until then...dont force your government ways on me....

what are you going to ban me for speech?

go ahead government,there is billion other websites,billion other chat programs to use.

dont threaten me with your rules,please....

i dont do anything bad but speak!

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
im black never rioted and dont know ant blacks that have, your silly

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by meanmug

8) Right of Community Management This is a privately owned discussion board community. The Owners and senior moderator staff reserve the right to take action against any member who is deemed to be devoted purely to disruption, whose actions represent behavior contrary to community building, or whose content is contrary to the core ideals of AboveTopSecret.com. This action may include complete banning of your username and IP address. The owners of The Above Network, LLC reserve the right to eliminate or edit any content deemed inappropriate for the discussion boards, news network or any affiliated sites.

Terms & Condtions

You agreed to this when you signed up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join