It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ On Coast 2 Coast Last Night

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Did anyone happen to catch c2c last night, and that

guest Ian (cant stand him) had, JESUS CHRIST?

I am not a religious fanatic and i'm open to different religions, points of vew, spirituality, etc, but this rubbed me the wrong way.

This impostor had all the answers-

Does anyone here feel a little uncomfortable by this character?

I think Ian is detrimental to that show.

[edit on 9-6-2008 by dgtempe]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I missed the live broadcast (I fell asleep right before it started, drats, because I wanted to call in and ask Jesus a question, ha) but I did listened to the replay afterwards this morning and found the guys shtick to be quite entertaining and interesting.

However... the guy did not play the part very convincingly. For example, when asked a question that you would expect any real reincarnated Jesus should be able to answer directly, he would often refer back to scripture, and that seemed rather odd. I mean, if you were to ask a famous person something about themselves, you would expect them to answer directly, instead of referring back to some biography written about himself by another individual. "How old was I when I was crucified? Well, if you refer to page 237 in that book a bunch of people wrote about me, you'll find that I was around 33 when they hung me out to dry."

I have to admit though that the guy was pretty articulate and never seemed to be at a loss of words to explain something (which is rare with most C2C guests). What was most intriguing was that Ian made it through the whole show without loosing his cool when contradicted. Ya know, Ian is quite the churchy boy himself, and he has dumped past guests in the past that have stepped on his toes and contradicted him and attempted to correct his beliefs. For sure I had expected some sort of confrontation over opposing make-beliefs would have erupted on such a show last night, but it didn't happen at all. Ian must have taken a couple of qualudes before the show, ha.

Well anyhow, not being a superstitious religious make-believer myself, the show didn't bother me in the least. But I can imagine that many fanatical make-believer extremists found that show totally blasphemous and were probably insanely enraged and foaming at the mouth because of it, and that's pretty funny, but unfortunately none of them got through as callers last night, as that ridiculousness would have been quite funny to listen too.

Last night was one of churchy boys better shows, and a refreshing break from his usual rehashed bigfoot or JFK assassination or DB Cooper shows.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Ian has a rather snotty elitist type attitude. I believe he has some religious background if memory serves correctly, like studying for priesthood with the Jesuits (I think). C2C could do better than him.
The JC guy was unnerving. He started out normal enough, the first half hour. Than when he said if anyone doesn't believe I'm not Jesus Christ......I shut it off. Creeped me out. Another cultist prophet who was just oh so sure of himself. Ian let him run rabbit with it with very little hard questions.
They must really be digging deep for material is all I can say.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Did anyone happen to catch c2c last night, and that

guest Ian (cant stand him) had, JESUS CHRIST?

I am not a religious fanatic and i'm open to different religions, points of vew, spirituality, etc, but this rubbed me the wrong way.

This impostor had all the answers-

Does anyone here feel a little uncomfortable by this character?

I think Ian is detrimental to that show.

[edit on 9-6-2008 by dgtempe]

Yeah, I agree. They shouldn't be giving Jesus any more air time - he already gets enough!! Can't he just stick to those sunday broadcasts? - I'm sure he'd go down a treat with that lot....

J.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Exactly, guys!

He would not refer to scriptures (duh) and what about at one point when he laughed?
OMFG, he sounded like a devil!!!

And what about the (screened) callers, practically weeping at the sound and emotion of talking to Jesus himself????

I wonder where those callers were from.........

The whole thing creeped me out.

Jesus!!!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I listened ..................totally AMAZED that there was no questioning of WHO this guy was, where he came from, background ect......
Ian didn't dig at all..
.they just acted like YES this IS REALLY Jesus Christ himself.......the guest would answer biblical questions with "I was saying there, at that time because............." as if ya ya this is really Jesus Christ right here on the radio for us to call in questions to.

He WAS articulate and said enlightened things...PLUS he was a bang-on bible scholar.

I was very curious as to WHO this guy is/was and what his motivation is.....IF he is just all about bringing clarity of scripture and hope to people, then JUST SAY SO......
It was weird.

What I found most amazing, was that if this truly was Jesus Christ back on the planet and come to save us, somehow he decided the BEST THING to do above all was to become a talk radio personality

See here for the link to...
~The Jesus Christ Show~
2005.kfi640.com...

I stand all amazed.........
......@ last nights show and wonder WTF?

I actually tend to LIKE Ian better than George as I think he asks better/sharper/deeper questions (not in THIS case however) and he doesn't just attach himself to peoples backsides in able to make out with it

like George very often does...

[edit on 9-6-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Exactly, guys!

He would not refer to scriptures (duh) and what about at one point when he laughed?
OMFG, he sounded like a devil!!!

And what about the (screened) callers, practically weeping at the sound and emotion of talking to Jesus himself????

I wonder where those callers were from.........

The whole thing creeped me out.

Jesus!!!!!

Well...all the nutty christians on ATS kept insisting he was on the way - i guess they were right. Nice to hear he has time for his followers an' all... The scripture thing? Maybe he wants to move on to newer things? It is a 2000 year old novel, after all...

J.

[edit on 9-6-2008 by jimbo999]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I can imagine the look of his face when he stands before the real Jesus.

Priceless!!

Roper

[edit on 10-6-2008 by Roper]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
I listened ..................ALL AMAZED that there was no questioning of WHO this guy was, where he came from, background ect......
Ian didn't dig at all...they just acted like YES this IS REALLY Jesus Christ himself.......the guest would answer biblical questions with "I was saying there, at that time because............." as if ya ya this is really Jesus Christ right here on the radio for us to call in questions to.

He WAS articulate and said enlightened things...PLUS he was a bang-on bible scholar.

What I found most amazing, was that if this truly was Jesus Christ back on the planet and come to save us, somehow he decided the BEST THING to do above all was to become a talk radio personality

See here for the link to...
~The Jesus Christ Show~
2005.kfi640.com...

I think it's friggin' hillarious!
This beats even the 'spaghetti growing on trees' hoax. It's good to see some people still have a sense of humour..

J.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roper
I can imagine the look of his face when he stands before the read Jesus.

Priceless!!

Roper

'The read Jesus'? Who's the 'read jesus'? You mean the 'real' jesus? How do you know it ISN'T????

J.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999
How do you know it ISN'T????

Its a heck of a lot more chance that he isnt than he "is"

Ian is going to have his own rules and his own weird shows and he will swallow whole anyone who doesnt preach "good news"...says he doesnt like to hear doom.
WELL, guess what IAN?????? Its THAT type of show and has always been.

I'd hate to see what Art Bell would have said to Jesus....

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I listen to the Streamlink of Coast to Coast every morning and this show was beyond silly to me. To be honest I only listened to around half of it and then clicked it off. I don't enjoy Ian or his shows all that much.

If I wanted to listen to a Christian or religious talk show I would. I don't listen to Coast to Coast to hear this sort of drivel.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I would have LOVED to have Art host ~The Jesus Show~ on c2c last night.

I kept thinking that, and wishing for it........I bet Art would have at least asked him how he got back into a body, and did it hurt & stuff.

It really WAS drivel I will give you that in spades....."YAWN"

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   

How do you know it ISN'T????

Its a heck of a lot more chance that he isnt than he "is"

Ian is going to have his own rules and his own weird shows and he will swallow whole anyone who doesnt preach "good news"...says he doesnt like to hear doom.
WELL, guess what IAN?????? Its THAT type of show and has always been.

I'd hate to see what Art Bell would have said to Jesus....

Well, of COURSE it ain't jesus!
I was only being facetious. 2000 years and no sign of the dude yet. I'd say the odds are more than a little slim he'll be showing any time soon

J.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   

This beats even the 'spaghetti growing on trees' hoax.

I'm amazed anybody knew or remembered the spaghetti grows on trees hoax! That's close to thirty years ago!

I have no idea how people hear C2C - but - if it is Internet radio, I can't get it anyway. I'm dialup.

If C2C likes that character; they'd want to do the man in Texas who has spent his life, roaming the freeway sideroads with a HUGE wooden cross he carries. He even dresses the stereotypical part. I used to see him in West Harris County a lot, outside of Houston City limits.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Heheh...my mom told me about the 'spaghetti incident' - so I'm not quite that old just yet

J.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Heheh...my mom told me about the 'spaghetti incident' - so I'm not quite that old just yet

J.

Aaaaw okay. I'm American married an English person. When we first married I asked, "What do you want me to grow in the garden?" My spouse wanted "spaghetti". I laughed and asked, "No REALLY, what do you want me to grow?" This continued on and on until I determined this person ACTUALLY BELIEVED spaghetti grows on trees. I asked, "Where'd you get an idea like that?" The spouse replied, "I saw it on BBS television show in England."

Well, I had no reply for that and made a garden of what I wanted to plant. Years later, I came across a gardening book or magazine, printed in England, that mentioned the old television APRIL FOOL's DAY joke! Problem is, people saw the show the day of the joke; but, did not watch the NEXT day's episode where they told it had been a joke. I was finally able to put the old argument to rest with my spouse and the English book or magazine(whatever it was.)

So, hoaxes have longer lives than truths.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam

I have no idea how people hear C2C - but - if it is Internet radio, I can't get it anyway. I'm dialup.

c2c is on AM radio.
The same talk radio station near you that brings you Rush Limbaugh and Dr Lara Shleshinger or however you spell those names....

C2C plays late at night. I am on Mouniain time and I hear C2C from 11pm till 3am..............
www.coasttocoastam.com...
Above is the website link.......

Seriously I think everybody in the entire USA can pick up C2C on the AM bands at night...
FREE FREE FREE

....you just need to find the all talk radio station closest to you.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Yep, that's how my mom heard it too - a BBC tv show, way back in the 50's or 60's. Too funny. But then, the english only discovered italian food in 1981

J.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Text Blue How do know whether Jesus has returned or not ? Maybe the New Testament has errors in it. Maybe the book of Revalation is a Diversion. After all this is a Spiritual War and no Military commander would give the Enemy the Plan for the End times unless it was a tactical strategic diversion. Maybe Jesus is living happily with his family . I dont think Jesus wants to take part in Global Mass Genocide why would he ? The Book of Revelation is so horrific I beleive it is a diversion. It is a way to expose the evil in our midst. Those fullfilling the Mass murder in Revelation are Evil. They claim to do the work of God. But their God is Death. Jesus is not an Actor following a script and that is what revelation is., a script.Nor would Jesus go on Radio Talk shows. Jesus is the opposite of Ego , Self importance & Fame.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join