It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain's Bumbling Delivery a GOP Concern

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   

McCain's Bumbling Delivery a GOP Concern

www.politico.com

NEW ORLEANS – As Democrats buzzed this week about their new de facto nominee, his historic candidacy and the unlikely political demise of Hillary Rodham Clinton, Republican circles were humming with another topic.

The topic: Is there a way John McCain can win the presidency without giving another speech?

That’s overstated, of course, but the concern about McCain’s wooden and stumbling address before a few hundred supporters here Tuesday night – the same evening as Barack Obama’s soaring acceptance address before thousands of screaming fans – has sent something of a shudder through the party and left GOP operatives shaking their heads in dismay.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
If Obama wins this fall it will be because he is articulate and his rhetoric inspires.

In the long run that was what killed Clinton... she simply does not inspire...

... nor does John McCain.

Is it wrong?

Yes by all means but in a society spoon fed it's "wisdom" in sound bites the neat turn of a phrase has more impact than any thought out and well reasoned policy platform.

Consequently sound bites have come to replace serious discussions about the future of our country.

www.politico.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Granted, it wasn't the most inspiring or even well produced video. And was obvious pandering to the utube, younger demographic but I'll bet in the coming weeks McC will have hired a bunch of savy IT/PR people to help him appeal to the younger folks.

They have their work cut out for them; as the campaign lags on and on,
poor John looks older and older.

[edit on 6-6-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I have to agree... when you put the two together Obama radiates both youth and confidence and McCain... well there ain't no comparison.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   

In the long run that was what killed Clinton... she simply does not inspire...

Clinton inspired me, so speak for yourself.

As far as McCain I like the old dude. So what if he's a bit of a bumbler. Look at the clown we've had as president these past 7 and half years. If he'll do, then surely McCain will as well. Also, when I listen to Obama debate or answer tough questions he seems to stammer and hem and haw, too. He's only articlulate when he's speaking his own script.

It doesn't really matter what we think, now does it? Whomever the powers that be behind the scenes decide to put in power will win.

I no longer care.

[edit on 6-6-2008 by Seeker Mom]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Seeker Mom

While I detest McCain, I have to agree with what you said about Obama when it comes to answering questions that he doesn't have scripted answers for. He can certainly deliver a speech, but when it comes to speaking his mind, he's terrible. To me, it just alludes to the idea that it's not his mind behind his message, he's just a delivery boy.

I'll be writing in my own name come November.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
obama can work a room like frank sinatra. He's a terrific orator he blows mccain away. He needs to capitalize on that. Its true in todays politics its all presentation , obama does a good job

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 6-6-2008 by yeti101]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I agree with Seeker Mom, Hillary can inspire, and even McCain wouldn't look so bad if they weren't being compared to one of the most gifted orators of our time. Obama just blows everyone else out of the water. It doesn't help McCain that he is the oldest, and Obama one of the youngest, ever to run for president. Obama's youth and energy stand out against any competitor, even Hillary, who is pretty dynamic in her own right.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Seeker Mom

All politicians inspire somebody or no one would vote for them... what I mean however is that you did not hear of 20,000 + rallies for Clinton or McCain so on a general scale Obama's rhetoric inspires, theirs does not or the situition between him and Clinton would be reversed.

new topics

top topics

join