It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Popping corn with cell phones?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by mdiinican

You are wrong again.How much stock do you have in cell phone companies?

Do the few dollars you get really worth it?

Do you really think the executives give a toss as to weather you live or die.
It seems the corporate power point presentations have brain washed you into believing their lies.

If we have 1 watt of power and it is spread on a metre square area the effect will be negligible.

Now concentrate that same power of 1 watt into into 1 square millimetre area and you will get it heated up to red hot.

Here is an example.

On a sunny day hold out your hand so it faces the sun.

You will feel a slight warmth.

now put a magnifying glass over your hand and you will feel it burning your hand as it focuses that same energy into a very small area/volume.

now put a magnifying glass over your hand and you will feel it burning your hand as it focuses that same energy into a very small area/volume.

This is how it works with the cellphones.

You can use a magnifying glass to pop popcorn and a cellphone does the same thing as the energy is concentrated in a very small area by the antenna by dielectric coupling and unlike a magnifying glass the energy goes right into the centre of the corn.

DON'T LET PEOPLE LIKE MDINICAIN FOOL YOU.

He is a expendable corporate gullible foot soldier only interested in making money for his corporate masters.

I wonder if he has stock in cancer companies as well as they make tons of money from cancer victims.

I URGE EVERYONE TO FORWARD THE YOUTUBE VIDEOS AND EMAIL/BLUETOOTH THEM TO EACH OTHER OR EVEN HAVE THEM ON YOUR CELLPHONE AS A SCREENSAVER AS A CONSTANT REMINDER AS TO HOW DANGEROUS THESE THINGS ARE.

This is your life and health at stake.

[edit on 11-6-2008 by esecallum]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by esecallum
reply to post by mdiinican

You are wrong again.How much stock do you have in cell phone companies?

Do the few dollars you get really worth it?

Do you really think the executives give a toss as to weather you live or die.
It seems he corporate power point presentations have brain washed you into believing their lies.

If we have watt of power and it is spread on a metre square area the effect will be negligible.

Now concentrate that same powerof 1 watt into into 1 square millimetre area and you will get it heated up to red hot.

Here is an example.

On a sunny day hold out your hand so it faces the sun.

You will feel a slight warmth.

This is how it works with the cellphones.

You can use a magnifying glass to pop popcorn and a cellphone does the same thing as the energy is concentrated in a very small area by the antenna by dielectric coupling.

Oh, throwing around accusations are we? Don't be such a child. You're using awfully strong words for someone who believes everything he sees on youtube. Hell, If you could find someone who'd pay me to write *Pound Sign* like this, I'd do it. Where do you sign up to be a paid disinformat? I ain't never seen any adverts in the classifieds for it.

Want my rebuttal? When you're calling people, does it feel like the flesh on the side your head is BURNING?! If not, you're wrong. If so, your cellphone is dangerously unsafe, you have ebola, or your head is on fire.

Seriously, on old phones with an aerial, you'd catch at best half the flux across the length of the antenna, were you to press it up against your flesh. Slightly newer ones had short antennas encased in plastic nubs, so geometrically you'd receive much less than that. On newer phones, like the one I have, they've typically got a fractal patch antenna on the back, facing outward, so unless you're clinically retarded and hold your phone backwards, you're not going to catch much of the flux from it at all except if you put your hand on it.

And if you put your hand on it, does it feel warm? No. You just lose reception. An average antenna is like 2-4 cm^2, not "1 square millimetre"

EDIT: And why I'm doing this? I'm an EE student, far enough along to know all the relevant math and mechanics behind all this. I'm providing information for educational purposes. If you want to go through life making wild claims about things you don't know anything about, that's your business, but I'd rather not have everyone else on ATS making as much of an arse of themselves as you simply because they don't know any better.

Seriously guys, don't take my word for it, read some books, get some knowledge, do some experiments if you have to. Anyone can do elementary science and engineering.

[edit on 11-6-2008 by mdiinican]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

lol. LIAR

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Please keep on topic. Attack the idea, not the person.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by esecallum

Also: Cell phones can have screensavers? I thought people just kept 'em closed when they aren't using them.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I tried this today with 4 phones multiple times and had absolutely no luck...

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
One of you who claims that it works, please reproduce the popping with your cell phones, on a video. Just get a stable camera stand and pop it.

If you can't back up your claims, we'll all know that you are making it up, to be part of some hoax that has suckered you in.

Come on, you say it works. Show us!

Talk is cheap. Put up some easy to make proof.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by mdiinican

Also: Cell phones can have screensavers? I thought people just kept 'em closed when they aren't using them.

I see you have evaded the questions put to you and totally ignored my 1 watt energy within a small volume example.

I knew you would do this to protect big business.

Your assertion of education by corporate interests in the form of advertising of their products smacks of ignorance.

You are also ignorant of the fact that brains cannot feel pain.This is why surgeons can operate on a conscious person.

Also radiation impinging on flesh will not always result in sensation.

If you were subjected to gamma radiation or x -rays you don't feel it,but the damage is still done.

You claim you are all knowing yet you are ignorant of the simple fact that cell phones have screen savers and wallpapers too.

Dielectric coupling is an established fact and cannot be ignored just because you say so.

A microwave oven heats because the energy is largely absorbed by water molecules.

Humans are largely made of water hence the dielectric coupling.

Water has a very high dielectric constant of 80.

[edit on 12-6-2008 by esecallum]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by mdiinican

I see you have evaded the questions put to you and totally ignored my 1 watt energy within a small volume example.

I knew you would do this to protect big business.

Your assertion of education by corporate interests in the form of advertising of their products smacks of ignorance.

You are also ignorant of the fact that brains cannot feel pain.This is why surgeons can operate on a conscious person.

Also radiation impinging on flesh will not always result in sensation.

If you were subjected to gamma radiation or x -rays you don't feel it,but the damage is still done.

You claim you are all knowing yet you are ignorant of the simple fact that cell phones have screen savers and wallpapers too.

Dielectric coupling is an established fact and cannot be ignored just because you say so.

A microwave oven heats because the energy is largely absorbed by water molecules.

Humans are largely made of water hence the dielectric coupling.

Water has a very high dielectric constant of 80.

[edit on 12-6-2008 by esecallum]

Stop being an internet tough guy and accusing me of working for corporate interests. It's annoying. The mod already said to address arguments, not posters. Keep it up and I'll report you.

Sure they heat things. But the effect is insignificant. It's not doing damage, it's heating you. But not by much at all. It's an more or less omni directional uncollimated radiation source, Furthermore, it's a source of relatively harmless MICROWAVES. For god's sake, for a given level of exposure, they're some of the least harmful rays out there, second only to radio. They've got next to no energy to 'em. Unless you manage to cook yourself with 'em, northing's going to happen. And I think it's CLEAR to anyone who's ever used a cell phone that it's not cooking their flesh. At peak, you're receiving about as much energy to the side of your head as you do from sunlight on a bright day. Also: they tend to be designed so that you're not taking up too much of the phone's radiation with your head, because radiation going into your head isn't helping your reception. Any modern phone has a patch antenna facing away from you.

The difference between microwaves and gamma rays and X rays is pretty obvious. X rays and gamma rays are ionizing high energy radiation. They punch right though you and knock bits out of your DNA (and any other poor molecule that happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time). Microwaves are low energy EM that doesn't do much but heat polar molecules through dielectric coupling. Heating isn't the same thing as BLASTING HOLES IN THINGS YOU NEED TO LIVE. Radiation that penetrates well doesn't make for much of a sensation, since it misses the temperature receptors in the skin.

Microwaves penetrate poorly and result in direct heating. Hence why they're used in that military pain-ray. People can clearly feel them, when the amounts are high enough. People can feel it when their microwave oven is leaking, and that's on just about the same frequency as cell phones, just with more power behind it. It should feel about the same as an equivalent quantity of pure IR. 2 watts of that on your face ain't gonna phase you.

Call somebody up and wrap your hands around the antenna. If it's heating you, you'll eventually feel it. Microwaves have poor penetration, so it should heat up your flesh at the skin, or close under, where your temperature receptors are.

A few degrees of warmth on the side of your head isn't harmful anyway. Unless your propose we assassinate people by sticking those exothermic therapeutic heat pads to the sides of people's heads. Heat doesn't cause cancer, last I checked, even applied slightly subdermally. You've got blood to maintain temperature homeostasis, anyway. We humans are water cooled.

I'll admit, I am ignorant of cell phones, as far as newfangled features go. (I've never used mine to browse the web, download music, or use AIM, etc.) I've owned all of two in my life, both of which are outdated, and were, in fact, pretty much outdated when I got them (frikkin' verizion and their no SIM chip policy.). I know they have wallpapers, but I've never seen a screensaver on a cell phone. especially not a video one.

I just leave mine on my desk most of the time, since I use various internet chat programs to talk to people, not phones. Oftentimes, mine runs out of batteries between me using it, just from sitting around on idle with the screen off, waiting for calls. Not because I think it's unsafe, but just because I have little use for the thing.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Gang it is entirely and completely FAKE. The company that made them admitted they are viral and are ads for their headsets.

She revealed that Cardo commissioned the videos, and a marketing agency in Paris called LastFools created the hoax clips, which have grabbed more than 4 million views since uploading began May 28.

"Making popcorn with a cellphone happens only in the movies," says a statement on the Cardo Systems' site. "However, if you use a Cardo Bluetooth headset for your mobile calls, you can reduce power output by up to 99 percent."

Cellphone Popcorn is Viral Ad and Fake as all get out!!!

Wired also debunked it before the company admitted it by way of a physicist.

Anyone posting on here that they tried this and it worked is lying through their teeth. One of the members that said it worked is banned for other reasons im sure. But the others stating it works are as full of crap as a christmas turkey.

Thanks for showing me which ones i know to not believe at any level.

Silver

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
yea i tried and it did not work

video of someone else trying and it not working
fr.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by S1LV3R4D0

The cellphone makers may have paid them to make these admissions to protect their business.In other words in my opinion they were rented out to make the admissions.We have no proof they are hoaxes only admissions fr ompeople who admit to making money by admitting it.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I hate cell phones. I can't watch the Utube video here, but I can only imagine that it shows a cell phone capable of popping corn with it's battery or cell. Not suprised. I really cannot think of many good things that have even come from cell phone use, other than the camera being used to catch a picture that otherwise wouldn't have been captured, of course a regular camera will do that trick, don't need a phone for pictures. And in emergencies they can be a big help if the battery is not dead, and you have a signal. As far as people walking around with one in their ear all the time, it is the stupidest looking accessory ever.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   

reply to post by S1LV3R4D0

The cellphone makers may have paid them to make these admissions to protect their business.In other words in my opinion they were rented out to make the admissions.We have no proof they are hoaxes only admissions fr ompeople who admit to making money by admitting it.

Of course, cause everyone is in on the take, eh? It's a hoax, it was admitted, save your energy for something that's not. Unless you have some sort of credible evidence to the contrary, since there are statements from the makers of the video that they are faked, the burden of proof is rather high, and I mean specific, credible evidence, that this particular admission was payed for by the 'cellphone companies' in regards to this exact situation, its time to move on.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Hi All,

I would just like to thank everyone who has contributed to this thread.
Both the + and - replies have been taken note of and have given me food for thought. I started out believing the videos to be true now I believe them faked. I knew this was the correct site for finding what I feel to be the truth.

Thanks again,
DenverMan

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I want to thank you for bringing the story to us. As an aside, it was an interesting [nonscientific] study in the manner in which some of us approach information......... do we test the hypothesis ourselves, run with the current majority, deny without testing, accept without testing, etc.

I think you did it just the right way, OP, by basically saying, "I found this. What do you think? Let's figure it out."

Good job.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Its false folks...anyway..even if it was true...how many of you walk around with a cell phone on each side of your head? Plus put a bag of popcorn in a micro...watch it..at aprox 1.5 minutes the bag starts to pop...not before..and that is a min output of 700watts...if a cell phone could output 700 watts the battery would be HUGE
its false
Snopes

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Did you TRY it out for yourself? Didn't think so. You come here with nothing to back up your statement but declare it false. THEN you compare apples to oranges with "hard boiling an egg"

1. An egg is not popcorn. How long does it take to hard boil an egg vs popping corn?
2. Popcorn has a tiny amount of moisture that flashes to steam thus popping the kernel, the egg does not.
3. An egg is slightly larger than a kernel of corn.

Being a skeptic is one thing, being just a nay sayer is quite another.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenverMan
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Did you TRY it out for yourself? Didn't think so. You come here with nothing to back up your statement but declare it false. THEN you compare apples to oranges with "hard boiling an egg"

1. An egg is not popcorn. How long does it take to hard boil an egg vs popping corn?
2. Popcorn has a tiny amount of moisture that flashes to steam thus popping the kernel, the egg does not.
3. An egg is slightly larger than a kernel of corn.

Being a skeptic is one thing, being just a nay sayer is quite another.

Wired debunked it, CNN debunked it, the company behind the viral vid. has come forward; its for handsets. Am I "in on it" too, or just stupid? It must be the big scary cell phone manufacturers hushing it up right?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join