It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evangelical Christians

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
AF1

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
In the United States today there seems to be a growing trend of fundamentalism. I not only notice this in my day to day activities but on the National Level as well. These people take the bible as literal truth, and believe that they are doing God's Will. The conspiracy comes in because I feel that the powers in government today are trying to bring about the end times as their little book tells them. Is the war in Iraq just another version of the crusades, so Dubya can have some control of the 'Holy Land'?

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
finally, someone that agrees with me. i hear ya, these new found christians will not let go of the idea that they are right about everything. they will not except the idea that they could possibly wrong.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
The powers that be (hate) us and our book. Our book says that it has been put in their minds to bring about Gods plan done by satan putting in their minds. satan owns this world and the powers that be. This is why Jesus
said he is not of this world or this kingdom.

"" They could be wrong ''

You do not know what people have seen through their lives through faith. Its called faith. believeing in 2000 years of miracles and events, and jesus mirales, and once faith
grows you witness these miracles yourself.

If I don't believe in the miracles ive seen than what will it take? to have faith? ill never believe in anything other than what i want to.

peace.

AF1

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Truth,

Do you believe it is right then for these people to push their beliefs on the general populace?

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
No. I have someone at work telling me why catholicism is wrong without knowing why in te world I believe it.

I try to keep silent and don't force anything on anybody. you are (supposed) to lt people come to you not tothm and try and force them.

(that) leads people away from jesus and distances tem further becausethey wonder, man what if jesus was like this so ignorant and pridefull in talk?

they should tell you, I believe jesus is the son of God, ad then leave, don't say nothing else, don't tell them they know eveything and that you need to be saved, because that pushes the non believer farther away.

I usually try to pray for people who i don't even know but have talked to instead of forcing pridefull statements on them, and in the long run some of them come back to you and ask sincerely.

" whydo you believe this "

its best to be humble in all things, and forcing someoeto see it your way is the exact opposite of jesus teachings and leads people further away.

peace.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Under what america stands for your not allowed to force or push people to believe in a certain religion.
Whatever happened to our Constitutional rights?

Need more anwsers on this push to make america christian. Im christian and always been but i don't believe in forcing my belief on other people... if someone asks me a question of what i believe ill tell them.

Is this some part of Martial law

Does anyone else have anymore input

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Gimp, I'm assuming you are refering to Mormans and Jehovahs Witness. They believe that they have been given the truth and they are doing a disservice to you if they do not share it with you. Following Jesus example of evangelizing.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth

The powers that be (hate) us and our book. Our book says that it has been put in their minds to bring about Gods plan done by satan putting in their minds. satan owns this world and the powers that be.

When I first read this, I had the thought that the American Government was starting the End Times in order to fulfill prophecy, and that they were controlled by Satan. Maybe I read your message wrongly, but the more I think of it and the more I read, the more I wonder if they truly are working for Satan.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
exists in that the Bible has been translated many times and much has been changed or left out.

"Truth" seems to think that everyone hates Christians. How absurd and incorrect.

If the Bible is to be taken so literally why so many denominations? Why so many interpretations? Easy God wanted it that way so his spirits(us) could use our brains and our souls know what is going on.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
( I seem )

But seeming isnt knowing.

I don't think this at all. I think people who hate christians hate christians, not everybody.

" so many denominations "

I believe in the one which existed before all the other denominations and a governing body to interpret sripture.

peace.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The problem with your christianity is that fundamentally it is SUPPOSED to be thrust on others. Anyone ever heard of the crusades, the manifet destiny, etc... You get caught in a defensive spot often quoting scriptures because the book you believe in divides people and puts them into good/evil, sinner/saint, blessed/cursed, right/wrong scenarios. It is a very divisive book, and polarities are its weapon. The world is much more complicated than the black and white lens you view it from.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Im sorry Joseph that iis not true.

Its not in scripture, and its not what our church teaches. Not one council in church history has ever tuaght forcable conversion, and not one passage i scripture teach this as well.

if I knew of one i would not be christian because my heart tells me it is wrong.

peace.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Oh Really! I'm sure you've heard of spreading the 'good news'. What is contained in this good news? Everything in my last post and much more. Are you denying that Jehovah ordered his chosen to go out and spread the gospel?

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I think this subject has been beaten to death already, but in defense of AF1, I know where he is coming form.

The fundamentalists take the Bible literally? No, it seems they pick and choose passages that suit their needs. All someone has to do is read Leviticus to know what I'm talking about. When was the last time an adulterer/ess was stoned to death? Shellfish is a no-no. To eat pork is a no-no.

I say, if they follow the bible, either follow it word for word, or don't follow it at all.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AF1 In the United States today there seems to be a growing trend of fundamentalism. I not only notice this in my day to day activities but on the National Level as well. -snip-
I had similar observations and concerns some time ago: www.abovetopsecret.com... "The extreme theist created from this kind of conspiracy of spirit, is intolerant to anything not of their brand of theism. They have been deeply conditioned to believe their interpretation of Christianity (or Islam, or what-have-you) is the one and only true version of the dogma. The extremist may go as far as bombing abortion clinics, or strapping TNT to their bodies and running into crowded areas." www.abovetopsecret.com... "Herein lies the danger to humanity. Consider for a moment (please) you and your teachers may be mistaken. Will the overwhelming mass of humanity with the same root God, but conflicting beliefs (Judaism, Islam, Christianity), bring about end-times? Not as a result of prophecy coming true, but from a subconscious desire to see that prophecy happen, and hence, influence their actions." (I was "William" back then.)

AF1

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Truth, I wasn't trying to question your beliefs.

I just question Bush's motives for the things he does, especially Iraq, and especially with how much emphasis he puts on god in his speeches.

The founding fathers of our country realized that the only way to protect those with religious beliefs is to separate the church and state. It is the duty of the government to protect EVERYONE'S religious beliefs as long as the practice of those beliefs is not harmful to others. It's not a democratic process of deciding by majority rule which religious beliefs with be the most protected. They ALL have to be protected.

Any and every government that favors a religion does so at the expense of other religions. The ONLY way to fairly protect them all is to separate government and religion. Government can function just fine without a religious affiliation. Why is there this constant insistance that religion needs to be a part of it? The actions of the government will, by nature, reflect the collective beliefs of the officials. It does nothing except cause devisivness to promote those beliefs within government.

Not everyone in this country is christian, and it's wrong for them to push their beliefs just because they think they are right.

AF1

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Thanks for the links SO, I'm gonna have to spend some time going over them.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
You can't really look at the Crusades as a basis for what Christians are supposed to do now. That was a long time ago, in a different era, with a different mindset. I have much faith, but I don't go pushing my beliefs on others, nor do any of my friends or associates.

I was also under the impression that we're not supposed to take the Old Testament literally, and that we're really supposed to follow Jesus' teachings and look at the Old Testament as history and legend...

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AF1
In the United States today there seems to be a growing trend of fundamentalism. I not only notice this in my day to day activities but on the National Level as well. These people take the bible as literal truth, and believe that they are doing God's Will. The conspiracy comes in because I feel that the powers in government today are trying to bring about the end times as their little book tells them. Is the war in Iraq just another version of the crusades, so Dubya can have some control of the 'Holy Land'?

What you see, is well speculated Catholicism. It is Anti-Christendom. It is a fight coming over the leftovers from the feast of the gods. USA will take it's share, which is far greater than what she deserves, and she will have to drink it. And she will see that the ones she took it from will be saved, but herself and her children will perish from the fire that wine yields. Again I'm deep, and again, I say this in fear of being cut off by godless men

Blessings,
Mikromarius

Been here before, that's all

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faisca

I was also under the impression that we're not supposed to take the Old Testament literally, and that we're really supposed to follow Jesus' teachings and look at the Old Testament as history and legend...

No offense Faisca, but how could a Christian not take the old testament literally? The 10 commandments are from the OT, not to mention the whole creation/evolution debate is based on Christian belief in God's creation of Adam/Eve.

That's what I meant by pick and choose.

No offense Faisca

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join