It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: U.S. to order limited raid on Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Report: U.S. to order limited raid on Iran

www.upi.com

WASHINGTON, June 3 (UPI) -- The United States is moving closer to ordering a limited attack on Iranian Revolutionary Guard installations, a military intelligence group reports.

The operation would target training camps and munitions factories that assist Iraqi insurgents, Hezbollah and terrorist groups in Gaza, DEBKAfile.com, a military intelligence Web site, reported Tuesday, quoting sources in Washington.

U.S. President George Bush in May said talk of a military action of some kind against Iran is "highly speculative."

"I've always made it clear that options are on the table, but, you know, the biggest weapon we have against those who can't stand freedom is the advance of freedom," he said.

Iran reportedly is preparing counter measures, perhaps on a larger scale, the Web site said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
And so it begins again?

Yet again, bush has ignored his own intelligence reports, insisting that iran is building nuclear weapons or has ambitions to when there is no evidence to suggest it's true.

It's iraq and WMDs all over again as bush ignores everything except the voice in his head which tells him to attack and destroy.

This nutter will kill us all before he's finished.

www.dni.gov...

www.spiegel.de...

www.upi.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3/6/2008 by budski]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

retracted

[edit on 3-6-2008 by bodrul]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Yeah, because the 20 year old kids undertaking the mission deserve to pay for Bush's stupidity. Sounds like a plan!

And yes, before someone inevitably comes along and takes my response seriously, I'm being sarcastic.

[edit on 3-6-2008 by vor78]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

The problem is, that he will be sacrificing good people on the alter of his own warmongering ambitions.

If he was flying the planes and doing the bombing himself, I'd agree - but he doesn't have the guts for that, hence his record during vietnam.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
This is like the 2000th article that has said something like this. I am getting to the point where i will believe it when I see it. Maybe that's the point...

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
This limited raid has been discussed in other sources as well and it says it has nothing to do with Iran's nuclear program (says nothing about the nuclear sites being targeted). I swear some folks just say what they want regardless of what they read.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

whats the saying old men start wars, the young just fight and die for them.
best plan would be Arm all the bush supporters and those that want these attacks and send them in.

that way the people who want the wars can die for the wars they want

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Well this is the first one I've seen mentioning limited attacks, and coming from a military source - there was also an article from israel saying that attacks are probable, which would also tie in with this leak from last year.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
This quote absolutely sickens me to the stomach.

"I've always made it clear that options are on the table, but, you know, the biggest weapon we have against those who can't stand freedom is the advance of freedom," he said."

Is that what freedom is? Being bombed to dust and then expecting to love the person who bombed you?

If options were on the table, why is it that Bush has yet to speak with Iran directly? If we're prepared to bomb a country...excuse me...I mean "give it freedom," why can't we at least talk to them first?

[edit on 3-6-2008 by DJMessiah]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

I agree. Didn't mean to sound snarky. Is that a word?

There has just been so much running through the rumor mill on Iran that I almost begin to wonder if the intention is to make Americans so fed up with the tension that people get the "WELL JUST %&%*ING BOMB THEM, ARLEADY" mentality.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthWithin

The phrase 'beating a dead horse' comes to mind. I agree, I'll also believe it when I see it. Its the same stuff, the sites pushing it just keep bumping up the date for this supposed planned attack as time expires on the last. I've heard multiple dates, the latest in August. It won't be long before its being pushed as the Republicans October surprise that somehow is supposed to push the election in McCain's favor.

And I'm not aiming that at the posters here, but at the original sites pushing these stories.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthWithin

Doeasnt really matter if you believe it or not if you see it. It would have happened by then.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I dont believe any news source that says we are going to attack IRAN.....................we can't afford a war with IRAN.....unless the USA President wants the USA to be nuked

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
This is like the 2000th article that has said something like this. I am getting to the point where i will believe it when I see it. Maybe that's the point...

I heard that one

too many times now, i think its just the whole fear play card

dont know, hmm interesting to see what if anything will happen

its beginning to sound like a ron weinland prophecy, just false, lol

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
well if georgey does go in trigger happy, hopefully the US will get some serious losses on its offencive.

While I'm against any action taken against Iran, I have to say, this is simply a horrible thing to say, and you've just gone into severe karma-debt my friend. I bet you take joy in watching puppies get the # shocked out of them for crossing invisible electronic fences too. Do you pull the legs off of grasshoppers just to watch them writhe about? Or are you simply too ignorant to realize that nobody fighting the war, started the war? I might have a little sympathy for you if you were simply under the impression that Private First Class Joe Smith decided we need to start another war. However I'm more inclined to believe that you simply get your jollies off by inflicting pain and suffering on others, and when you can't, wishing that someone else will.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
and so it begins 03/26/06 (Guilty as charged)
www.abovetopsecret.com...
and so it begins 07/27/06 (Israel not Iran)
and so it begins 08/21/06
and so it begins 0/19/07

that's just a cursory search of and so it begins.

it began a while ago, it just hasn't happened yet. I'm guessing it will, eventually, as it seems Iran is just as hell bent on confrontation as Bush but when it will start and why is still a mystery

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

Karma debt? for saying if a force on the offencive also recieve in kind.
that calls for a BS comment shocking puppies and pulling legs of grass hoppers.
but that is the most retarded thing i have read.

i dont take pleasure in war or death, and you calling my post ignorant yours is far worse

and
sadly i dont do the above, do you do the above?

read this reply

[edit on 3-6-2008 by bodrul]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
reply to post by bodrul

Yeah, because the 20 year old kids undertaking the mission deserve to pay for Bush's stupidity. Sounds like a plan!

And yes, before someone inevitably comes along and takes my response seriously, I'm being sarcastic.

Yeah, we got the sarcasm. Unfortunately, some have anti-U.S. tunnel vision and that's all they can post. No one should want to see soldiers killed needlessly.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Here we go with BS Intel from no name sources. They say it everyday just so they can claim that they knew the day.

I want to see a headline of

U.S. Bombs Every Military And Nuclear Facility In Surprise Air Raid On Iran.

Then we will not have to listen to Amidinanut anymore.

[edit on 3-6-2008 by Sky watcher]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join