It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 477
<< 474  475  476    478  479  480 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

I'm not going to make you guys change things in the middle of a tournament, though

That's decent of you...

And I will, and have debated on just about every issue under the sun..

Though many newer members may not know it, I cut my teeth on the "Old" Head to Head politics debates..

Not that I'm political or anything...

See S-Dog, I can laugh at myself too...

Semper

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
reply to post by americandingbat

See S-Dog, I can laugh at myself too...

Me thinks that's going in the old signature.

[edit on 19 Feb 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I've just posted my first reply - is this the time for me to slip into my slippers and sling down my gin? Chop! Chop! (In case I am being presumptious allow me to note that "chop! chop!" might be an encouraging exclamation to the bar keep or my own lime slicing.)

Thank you for your kindly remarks of greeting, I'm quite enjoying myself and only the knowledge that my time in this tournament will likely be brief is tempering that joy. 'Tis fun indeed and I do love working to both a deadline and a character count. Should I reach 9999 I shall consider myself to be that vital character.

americandingbat: I also was suppossed to engage Lucid in a debate on gnosticism buit it never came off, if after the tournament you would like to debate some aspects of religion I would love to - if it helps suggest divisive enough issues for debate then let me tell you I am a horrible papist (that usually works!)

Heike: Thank you for your kind word's of greeting. I intend to delay posting my replies as far into the 24 hours as I can as this enables me to do the necessary evil during my British daytime. I don't think I'll ever be a sky floater as I never know what I think until I have something to object to which made being the opening opener quite a task! (Don't tell americandingbat though, she may wish to use that to her advantage in future.)

To all the rest, I appreciate this pub and your lighter comments here. Growing up in Northern Ireland debates were usually followed by rock throwing - its good to see that the only rocks here lie in the bottom of our glasses. Speaking of which - chop! chop!

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Supercertari

my time in this tournament will likely be brief is tempering that joy

AHHHHH

But after the Tournament you can, and are encouraged to, challenge anyone over any topic you desire!!!!

The fun has just started for you my friend!!!

As my wife says, "The world is your oyster"

Semper

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Supercertari
To all the rest, I appreciate this pub and your lighter comments here.

Me thinks that sounds like a dig...'lighter' comments, eh?

While I only have Irish ancestery and not the full fledged experience, I still know how to recognize a dig and react accordingly...

Put Up Your Nerfs!

My water balloons will make short work of them...

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
What's this

Thing

Aha

[edit on 2/19/09 by enjoies05]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

Did you just learn something enjoies?

Perhaps then you'll see why being a stranger around here just isn't worth it...

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Me? Learn something? Of course not. I know everything.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Now I really feel like the tournament is underway. Our esteemed debate moderators are getting rambunctious.

*restocks the B&B*

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
Funny how .... "This New Group" seems to be the only ones that have had trouble with the rules...

Well, that's because you Old Groupers wrote the dam rules and knew what you meant! It's us newer folks who have to try to interpret them without benefit of the background experience.

One more question. When putting images in a debate post (say, a graph which is critical to the discussion), which code should I use? May I link directly to the image from my debate post, or must I download the image and link to it from my own image host (which might be a copyright violation?), or must it appear as an external image link? In other words, do I use img, im, ats, or what?

Thanks!

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Hem, your middle guy seems to be different somehow.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I am sorry to report that my opponent missed his/her deadline and extension.

I have posted my second entry; hopefully I haven't lost him/her.

[edit on 19-2-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Supercertari
americandingbat: I also was suppossed to engage Lucid in a debate on gnosticism buit it never came off, if after the tournament you would like to debate some aspects of religion I would love to - if it helps suggest divisive enough issues for debate then let me tell you I am a horrible papist (that usually works!)

Well, we'll work something out. I'm an unrepentant agnostic who shoulda been a Catholic. I don't believe in any of it, I just think it's really pretty damn cool

I don't think I'll ever be a sky floater as I never know what I think until I have something to object to which made being the opening opener quite a task! (Don't tell americandingbat though, she may wish to use that to her advantage in future.)

That would constitute incredible progress for me. I'm just proud that after three debates of being chronically late (to the point that I actually missed a post in my first debate) I finally got all my posts up within 24 hours in #4. Consider me the anti-skyfloater.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat
Consider me the anti-skyfloater.

You got it earthsinker.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

You've got an answer or a snarky comment for everything, don't you, SDog??

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

Yes, yes I do.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Ah well, at least you will win now.....I think

My opponent will never give up, lol

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
reply to post by Maxmars

Let's not get hasty now, everyone has their price.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
reply to post by Maxmars

Let's not get hasty now, everyone has their price.

Ha!

How does a a pair of broken legs sound?

new topics

top topics

<< 474  475  476    478  479  480 >>

join