It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 465
<< 462  463  464    466  467  468 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
I don't like feeling intellectually challenged...

How big is Mr. Shock's ego?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat
How big is Mr. Shock's ego?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Oh, how pretty.

Pink is such a flattering color, and that's a horn a man can brag about.

[edit on 2/17/2009 by skeptic1]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

Horn/Corn, it's aaaaall good!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

That wasn't how I pictured him at all, but he is pretty. It takes a helluva man to pull off all that pink.

:shk:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I do not understand the difference between the 5 references and the 10 sentences of external source material. I know I am brain fried just now,

"We are such stuff as dreams are made of, and our little life is rounded with a sleep."

"He that is giddy thinks the world turns round." (Shakespeare)

See what I mean?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

I would bring back his old avatar, but I fear my debate future would most certainly suffer the consequences.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
And I personally cant see the horn for the , whatever it is under the stallion... is that smoke or what?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
All right guys...take it to the cryptozoology forum...

I don't like feeling... challenged...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
I do not understand the difference between the 5 references

This refers to the amount of links you may use in a post (opening and closing are 3 links). Using a link does not necessitate that you provide sentences from that link. You could just be showing where you found the birth date of an historical figure (something you should have done for your first post...
)

and the 10 sentences of external source material. I know I am brain fried just now,

10 sentences that are not your own from a link, placed with ex tags. Unlike the links rule...all sentences sourced externally must be accompanied by a link.

Hope this helps...

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Frankly the rules are a little confusing. I tried to summarize them, but just deleted my post because I didn't think it was clear enough.

I think the multiple-links from the same site count as one reference thing should only apply if the links are identical, or point to the same document. Otherwise, it's abusable. For example, to circumvent the 5-reference rule: link to the archive.org wayback machine for two or more links, then they only (technically!) count as one reference.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Ok think I Understand... Wish I had sourced my first link to the usual first search in the first post.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Ok so if you go to a site which has multipal pdf files within the link, do you have to site each individual pdf file and its date of reference or just the original site and then give the pdf with the external tag?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

We should probably change the 'reference/link' terminology to "URL".

Does that help?

Ian: I know. My debate against TruthWithin two tournaments ago got snarky and resulted in it dawning on me that a wiki page...though one link/url...can contain many many links which one almost needs to look at to substantiate the wiki page beyond the "Edit at will" feature...he accused me of trying to get an extra link by him so I retorted that he was trying to get twenty by me...

That was a fun debate...

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean

Frankly the rules are a little confusing. I tried to summarize them, but just deleted my post because I didn't think it was clear enough.

I think the multiple-links from the same site count as one reference thing should only apply if the links are identical, or point to the same document.

I was told earlier that my pdf's each would count as a separate link, even though they came from the same web page and were each chapters of a single document (albeit a several-thousand-page document).

On the other hand, I've used wikipedia links before and counted them all as one source, even though they were separate wikipedia pages. And I'm pretty sure I've seen others do this too.

Frankly, I think the source rules could use some clarification

edit: oops. I guess if I'm understanding Mr. Shock correctly, that I've been cheating in my use of wikipedia
I think one of my links from my opening in this debate will have to go. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure my opponent went over his 10-sentence limit and I didn't call him on it … This could get real snarky real fast)

[edit on 2/18/09 by americandingbat]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   

That's the Welsh for you.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
MemoryShock or Semper

If I quote where a definition is from, does that count as referencing information, or do I have to provide the links for it to count as a reference?

On my latest post I just stated where the information was from rather than referencing it...hope thats ok

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I will be honest I have looked at dozens of sites to get the skinny on Shaksper, Most I did no more than speed read through until I found the main site I am getting all of the best info from which is an archive of thousands of references. I guess the worst that can happen is that I make a mistake, the best is that others become as inflamed with the information as I have.

Also how do I count 10,000 words? I use notepad to write and then bring it over to ats for the editing and spell check.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

QUICK! edit before frank gets the fuel he needs to win!

new topics

top topics

<< 462  463  464    466  467  468 >>

join